ATI DRIVER NEED HELP!!!!

pyrostu54

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2002
Hey, i have just recently bought a ati radeon 8500 le pro the 128mb verison. i put this on my gigabyte ga-8ihxp motherboard with 512mb rambus. Now my problem is that i cannot run any type of games with it. Every time i try loading a game it freezes with lines on the screen when i enter gameplay. But when i restart my computer my winxp says that it is because of my driver. This is with the driver that came with the card. Then also i downloaded the new drivers from ati and they still do not work. Can anyone help. If so i would be very very happy. If not i'm force to go out and buy another video card.

jpscfl

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2002
Have you tried calling ATI tech support? You will need to register your product on line first, so be sure to get all of the numbers off your card before calling them.

Hopefully, you will have more luck with their tech support than I had (which explains why I no longer keep their phone number). They may spot a problem with your bios or configuration files. But if it's a driver problem or design problem with the card, you are S.O.L.

I've learned my lesson with ATI the hard way. I will never buy ATI-anything EVER AGAIN!

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
did you overclock anything?

--------------------------------------------------
My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Try using your windows xp cd to repair the installation, this is just as good as a fresh install except all your apps and data is retained(the only thing you lose is service packs and device drivers)

:wink: Heatsinks, if you dont overclock, use the <b>STOCK!</b> :wink: