question for SP players

Just curious. What is the longest you have left an untended game
running? I left a tcp/ip game on 2 computers for 24 hours and went back
to it.
4 answers Last reply
More about question players

    Hi,

    sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in

    > Just curious. What is the longest you have left an untended game
    > running? I left a tcp/ip game on 2 computers for 24 hours and went back
    > to it.

    why would you not leave it running? If this is on a LAN w/o internet
    access, there isn't even a danger of hackers and such.

    Regards,

    Oliver

    Oliver Wenzel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in
    >

    >>Just curious. What is the longest you have left an untended game
    >>running? I left a tcp/ip game on 2 computers for 24 hours and went back
    >> to it.
    >>

    > why would you not leave it running? If this is on a LAN w/o internet
    > access, there isn't even a danger of hackers and such.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Oliver

    I do use the computer for other stuff...it causes it to run a bit slow
    if I leave it running all the time.

    Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:

    >why would you not leave it running? If this is on a LAN w/o internet
    >access, there isn't even a danger of hackers and such.

    i know for me, sometimes my machine crashes. i'd rather exit the game
    properly and make sure all characters are properly saved, than risk
    losing something important because of a crash.

    and as someone else said... when you launch photoshop, it can really
    chunk the machine up if d2 is running in the background. heck, last
    night d2 wouldn't even launch cause i had pshop, word and excel all
    open.

    cassandra

    "sidekick" <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Just curious. What is the longest you have left an untended game
    > running? I left a tcp/ip game on 2 computers for 24 hours and went back
    > to it.

    I've had it running on my LAN since I restarted the computer that hosts LOD
    after applying Win2K SP3 2 days after it was released. I don't know exactly
    how long that has been but I'm quite certain it is a cuppla years or more.

Computers Games TCP/IP Video Games