4.5 hours to level 50

Hi,

I started my Bowazon yesterday - once again with the -act5 trick - and
rushed her through Normal. Equipped her for NM with max resists and a Kuko
bow/Razortail and then my Enchantress did her job.

Level 36 Enchant lasts about 17 minutes which is lots of playing time at
/players 8 setting. Only problem was her level 10 merc from Act2 normal.
But my Enchantress killed Andy for her and she could get a shiny level 35
merc from Act2 NM.

Normal rush: 2 hours
Level 33-44: 1 hour
Level 44-50 1.5 hours

Now she has 20 skill and 92 stat points saved up. I'll get some more levels
under her belt and then decide how to distribute these points.

Regards,

Oliver

Doodles

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

What's the "act 5 trick?"

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I started my Bowazon yesterday - once again with the -act5 trick - and
> rushed her through Normal. Equipped her for NM with max resists and a Kuko
> bow/Razortail and then my Enchantress did her job.
>
> Level 36 Enchant lasts about 17 minutes which is lots of playing time at
> /players 8 setting. Only problem was her level 10 merc from Act2 normal.
> But my Enchantress killed Andy for her and she could get a shiny level 35
> merc from Act2 NM.
>
> Normal rush: 2 hours
> Level 33-44: 1 hour
> Level 44-50 1.5 hours
>
> Now she has 20 skill and 92 stat points saved up. I'll get some more
levels
> under her belt and then decide how to distribute these points.
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver

This could be tricky to explain so lets say there are 3 characters:
A) lvl-2 noob <--- The char you rushed upto act-5 start
B) lvl-35 noob <--- Some moron that wants Baal killed to goto NM
C) lvl-92 noob <--- Your char thats doing all the rushing

* A creates game.
* C joins A's game and parties-up.
* B see's the name and joins to get his Baal quest (and parties with rest).
* C kills Baal with B near him.
* A & B both get quest.

C can then rush A through NM and do the same for NM Baal
(Bypassing ancients)

You end-up with a lvl-6 character that has complete Norm & NM and has done
their Hellforge of NM & Hell ;)

"doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What's the "act 5 trick?"
>
> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I started my Bowazon yesterday - once again with the -act5 trick - and
> > rushed her through Normal. Equipped her for NM with max resists and a
Kuko
> > bow/Razortail and then my Enchantress did her job.
> >
> > Level 36 Enchant lasts about 17 minutes which is lots of playing time at
> > /players 8 setting. Only problem was her level 10 merc from Act2 normal.
> > But my Enchantress killed Andy for her and she could get a shiny level
35
> > merc from Act2 NM.
> >
> > Normal rush: 2 hours
> > Level 33-44: 1 hour
> > Level 44-50 1.5 hours
> >
> > Now she has 20 skill and 92 stat points saved up. I'll get some more
> levels
> > under her belt and then decide how to distribute these points.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Oliver

Hi,

"doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in

> What's the "act 5 trick?"

in SP, add -act5 at the end of the Diablo2 exe command line and newly
created chars will start at level 33 with all stat and skill points saved
up. But the char has no waypoints or quests, so he has to start in Act1.

Regards,

Oliver

Hi,

"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in

> This could be tricky to explain so lets say there are 3 characters:
> A) lvl-2 noob <--- The char you rushed upto act-5 start
> B) lvl-35 noob <--- Some moron that wants Baal killed to goto NM
> C) lvl-92 noob <--- Your char thats doing all the rushing
>
> * A creates game.
> * C joins A's game and parties-up.
> * B see's the name and joins to get his Baal quest (and parties with
> rest). * C kills Baal with B near him.
> * A & B both get quest.

I've read about this trick. But I'm not rushing for Hellforges, just to get
a new char up to speed somewhat.

I'm doing this rushing on 2 user sessions (on one XP machine) in a TCP/IP
games. But I might gonna try running three sessions the other day.

Thanks,

Oliver

I have a nice little computer network here at home so I run 4 different
copies of Diablo2 at the same time (the maximum you can have on a server
from one IP address).

I successfuly rush 3 "throw-away" mules with my summoner necro through Norm,
NM & upto Hell's Hellforge for the runes from the NM & Hell's forge-drop. I
normally do 2 sets of these rushes per day resulting in 6 decent runes per
day from the forges. Hells hellforge can drop upto Gul; and 2 of them can
be merged into a Vex for Hoto which sells on eBay ;)

I hear there are also programs like "Onlyers D2Loader" which can run
multiple copies of Diablo2 from one CD if you have the required amount of
keys but I think your computer would need to be a decent spec if your gonna
try that (and you may get your accounts banned if Blizzard finds-out) :¬/

As a side-note, this is how I level characters fast:
Hell-Cows will level a low character VERY fast upto 20
Norm-Cows upto level 24
Norm-Ancients = 25
Norm-Baal upto 44
NM-Ancients = 45
NM-Baal upto 64
Hell-Ancients = 65
Hell-Baal upto 99 (or until you give-up)
....I normally give-up leveling at about level 86-92 :¬/
(I class any of my characters below lvl-80 as "noob" and dont allow them
equipment apart from what they find themselves but once over lvl-80 I give
them items from my mules that hold MF'd stuff)

I hope this info helps you with act-5 info & rushing mules/characters for
runes / quests :)
- Trammazon

> I successfuly rush 3 "throw-away" mules with my summoner necro through
> Norm, NM & upto Hell's Hellforge for the runes from the NM & Hell's
> forge-drop. I normally do 2 sets of these rushes per day resulting in
> 6 decent runes per day from the forges. Hells hellforge can drop upto
> Gul; and 2 of them can be merged into a Vex for Hoto which sells on
> eBay ;)
>
> I hear there are also programs like "Onlyers D2Loader" which can run
> multiple copies of Diablo2 from one CD if you have the required amount
> of keys but I think your computer would need to be a decent spec if
> your gonna try that (and you may get your accounts banned if Blizzard
> finds-out) :¬/

yeah, but I don't do the rushing for Hellforge runes, just to get a new
build up to speed. Between levels 50-60, they can wear the good stuff I
have in my ATMA stashes, and questing/MFing with them in late NM at high
/players settings starts to get fun.

I don't have too much time for playing beneath work and other stuff, so
this saves me a bunch of hours on a new build I like to try. I currently
have 3 or 4 chars queued up to do Hell Hellforge and make Patriarch, but
I always seem to get distracted by a new build before I get around to it.

Anyway, I got an IST from my last Hellforge and my new Bowazon found a
LEM yesterday in early Act3 NM.

Regards,

Oliver