Want to thanks everyone.

Dozer

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002
I just wanted to say thanks for everyone who has helped me picking out a video card. With taking everyone`s advice, I went with a Radeon 9000 Pro over the Geforce 4 MX line. Again, thanks alot =:eek:)

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Sure, I don't remember if I helped you at all, but that's the right choice.

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>

eden

Champion
You did the sane choice man, congrats!
Admitting and getting a DX8-supported card is the first step towards a healthy life! :wink:

--
When buying an AthlonXP, please make sure the bus is at 133MHZ, or you will get a lower speed!

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
"YOU MADE A STUPID CHOICE!!!!" No j/k. i chose a radeon 8500le over a ti4200 and i was called stupid for it. good choice buddy, you are one of mine now...(no im not an ATI fanboy)

real philosophy of life: "do onto others what you dont want them do onto you"

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
"YOU MADE A STUPID CHOICE!!!!" No j/k. i chose a radeon 8500le over a ti4200 and i was called stupid for it
Yes, it's a real stupid choice (unless you needed to save some money at that moment). Radeon 8500LE is a better choice over GeForce3 Ti200, not over GeForce4 Ti4200

eden

Champion
No, the Ti200 overclocks to Ti500 levels on stock cooling, which beats the R8500 LE because it also is downclocked. A Ti500 is generally better than the R8500 thus if you OC to that level, you still get more from the Ti200, but it depends on the place you bought it, how much both were.

--
When buying an AthlonXP, please make sure the bus is at 133MHZ, or you will get a lower speed!

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
GREEEAT.... i thought my choice was supported by many...But i was wrong. For some reason everybody thinks bad about the Radeon 8500 after ahhk's post. Oh well... let the playas play and hataz hate.

--------------------------------------------------
Don't make me use uppercase...

LancerEvolution7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
I don't understand why people are saying its a stupid choice because you choose a radeon 8500 over a geforce ti4200. The ti4200 costs about $30 more than the 8500. When you build a system on a limited budget you want to save a little here and a little there. That way you end up with a decent system for a price that would make you happy. Besides do you notice the difference when you play games anyways...

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
let the playaz play and the hataz hate lancer..... it works fine for me and thats all that matters...i found a very hot deal on my R8500 LE 128mb anyways. (70 bucks with rebates and cupons) so me personally saved more than 30 bucks, i saved like 60 - 70 bucks.

Don't make me use uppercase...

Marvelii

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2001
i recently purchased a radeon 8500le oc'd it 275/630! wow for $90 at newegg. runs every game at 10x7 max settings and AA! radeon 8500le is a really good balance of price/performance. whoever bought a radeon 8500 made a great choice cuz geforce is not the only card out there for the budget gamer.

WhiteJoe

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2002
Congratulations !

Whatever other people say, most imnportant thing is:

YOU ARE SURE YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

Isn't it nice when you click "Complete purchase", and this is done, there is no way back? And you are, probably, even smiling slighly, waiting for blue/orange or brown guys to arrive.

Upgrade is fun by itself !
Wish all we make right choices and have fun.

P.S. Waiting for Chaintech Ti 4600 to arrive... :)

<SIGNATURE>Long live ELOY & Frank Bornemann !</SIGNATURE>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
GREEEAT.... i thought my choice was supported by many...But i was wrong. For some reason everybody thinks bad about the Radeon 8500 after ahhk's post. Oh well... let the playas play and hataz hate.

coughtoldyousocough

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

nja469

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
Yes as long as you're happy!! Performance wise though it's a no-brainer the ti4200 is better for $25 over the 8500... ah well, you're happy so fu'k it :eek:) Plus even sh!t ti4200's can go to ti4400 specs, which is even a bit more performance.

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
Matisaro, you certainly dont act like a forum fixture should: *cough* I bought mine for 70 bucks *cough* cheap! *cough*. Matisaro *cough* you still cant win you argument *cough* radeon is cheaper and good *cough* you can hate all you want for i give a damn.

My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Stop coughing, I don't want to catch whatever you guys have! :mad:

:tongue:

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.

eden

Champion
No no no no no!
I did not mean to destroy your pride of your card!
Dude by no means was that intended to bash, I was stating the truth from my side of things, which is that the Ti200, before the R8500 LE came out, was known as the best price/performance OCer because it could reach the best card out there at the time, the Ti500, which was nearly 300$ CDN higher.
Your purchase is respectable but just because I said that, it does not mean I said yours sucked!

Let us stay at peace man, I never intend to make war with anybody or bash anybody's purchase unless they so unwillingly ignore my advice and go for something so cheap. (I recommended my friend's bro gets a Ti200 for cheap, guess what he got? Oh yeah baby, GF4 MX420! and for 135$ CDN, that was a far cry from the cheapest one)

--
When buying an AthlonXP, please make sure the bus is at 133MHZ, or you will get a lower speed!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 08/29/02 05:45 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
eden you chill, i have nothing against you so we are cool. im starting to notice in this forum who the playaz are and the hataz are...and im just letting them talk...no need to get all angry.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Matisaro, you certainly dont act like a forum fixture should: *cough* I bought mine for 70 bucks *cough* cheap! *cough*. Matisaro *cough* you still cant win you argument *cough* radeon is cheaper and good *cough* you can hate all you want for i give a damn.

Quit whining grasshapa, your childish facination with attacking me and/or trying to counter me is getting old.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
"Quit whining grasshapa, your childish facination with attacking me and/or trying to counter me is getting old."

you started attacking me by replying that "coughitoldyousocough" post. then i just replied to what you said. pluz im not attacking you, im just letting you know the fact that i got it for cheap.

matisaro whatever you say, we all know who acts immaturely in this forum and who doesnt, i dont give a fuk what you say anymore anyways....... just ignore everything i post....