Power Meter Software for Laptop

terry

Hi,

I have been using an Inspiron 8100 with XP Pro and have found that the
Power Meter (part of Power Options inside Control Panel) by Microsoft
doesn't accurately show the amount of power left in the battery.
Sometimes the batter is near empty but the meter still shows 25% left.
It leads to unexpected power-off for the machine. I was wondering if
there is a power management software provide by Dell or 3rd party that
does a better job.

Thanks in advance!

Terry

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:37:17 -0500, Terry <gobeyondgobeyond@yah00.c0m>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have been using an Inspiron 8100 with XP Pro and have found that the
>Power Meter (part of Power Options inside Control Panel) by Microsoft
>doesn't accurately show the amount of power left in the battery.
>Sometimes the batter is near empty but the meter still shows 25% left.
>It leads to unexpected power-off for the machine. I was wondering if
>there is a power management software provide by Dell or 3rd party that
>does a better job.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Terry

I would recommend doing a search for Speedswitch XP. It has a battery
meter capability that seems to work great. I have used it for a few
years now on an 8200 and an 8600.

Dave

TRENDING THREADS