Removing Dell Dimsion 2300 Cover

Hello all,

I received a Dell Dimension 2300 this week that was inside a house when the
furnace in that house literally exploding sending a soot throughout the
house. The end result is that the computer showed immediate problems after
this and it's definately a problem pertaining to this sticky soot. Anyway
I'm removing and individually cleaning each and every part with special
cleaner. My question is that the case itself will need cleaning and I need
to remove all the sides to make sure it can be fully cleaned. I have
removed the left side panel to access the internal parts as well as removing
the front bezel cover to access the powerswitch area. But the top and right
side seems like it's impossible to remove and infact looks riveted to the
case frame. Is this how it is? Will I be able to remove the top/right
sides of the case removing the black outer case so as to fully clean this
system?

Bradley

i believe that the dimension 2300 case is constructed the same as the 2400
and 4700....
it has a removable side panel which is released with a quick release latch
on the rear and then sliding it toward the back of the system. the front
bezel can then be removed by locating the two tabs that project inside of
the case on side that is open. once the two tabs are released the front
bezel will swing out while still resting on the three tabs on the other long
edge of the bezel... it can then be easily removed. the remaining top and
side panel are riveted in place. you can drill out the rivets and rivet
them back on if you really wanted to, or you could just remove the drives,
power supply and motherboard and clean it as a single unit. hopefully this
helps will help answer how to remove those other components...
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim2300/replace.htm#1126541