What does this tell you??

Dozer

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002
I listened to the advice I got from everyone here and bought a Radeon 9000 over a Geforce 4 MX. My buddy (who runs a local pc shop) said the G4 MX line would run games better so he brought 2 over and installed them in my system. Both VisionTek cards locked up as soon as we started to run games. After doing some investgating, I found that my SiS chipset Mobo has alot of conflicts with most of the Geforce line of cards and no conflicts at all with the built by ATI line. This is my first ATI card and the next big rig I buy, closer to the release of Doom 3, will have an ATI card in it as well. I said this once before but here goes again, thanks everyone for the advice, saved me alot of troubles.

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
You made a very bad decision by replacing your Radeon 9000 with GeForce4 MX.

Your buddy and GeForce4 MX sucks seriously. Actually many people who run local pc shop are moron or try to cheat customers.

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
He didn't say he went with the MX, he said his buddy recommended it and brought two over, both of the MX cards locked up.

<b>Agent</b> <b><font color=green>81</b></font color=green> :cool:

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
he didnt replace it spitfire, he just had his buddy go over his hizzouse to try them.

--------------------------------------------------
My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek: