Boy, is that cold...

Hi,

I was playing around with my bowazon (SP level 63 in NM Act4) and boosted
up her Freezing Arrow with a bunch of cold damage charms. About 12 one
second charms + 2 seconds from FA + 4 seconds from Duress armor make about
18 seconds of freezing time..

Oh well, did I say that NM Hellforge just gave me an UM for that Duress
armor?

Anyhow, I read somewhere that freeze duration is cut down in Hell diff.
Anybody know by how much? Or have a link for info on this?

It's just too cool to shoot some FA on a bunch of monsters and still find
frozen ones after quite some time much farther away <g>.

Thanks,

Oliver

Hi,

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in news:4255c685@news01.wxnz.net:

> Oliver Wenzel wrote:

>> Anyhow, I read somewhere that freeze duration is cut down in Hell
>> diff. Anybody know by how much?
>
> One quarter of normal time.

so, if I have 10 secs in charms, the cold lasts 2.5 secs in Hell? Well,
I'll have to look for items with some longer duration.

Thanks,

Oliver

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was playing around with my bowazon (SP level 63 in NM Act4) and boosted

You have to post "When hell freezes over" ;)

> up her Freezing Arrow with a bunch of cold damage charms. About 12 one
> second charms + 2 seconds from FA + 4 seconds from Duress armor make about
> 18 seconds of freezing time..
>
> Oh well, did I say that NM Hellforge just gave me an UM for that Duress
> armor?

Sweet..

> Anyhow, I read somewhere that freeze duration is cut down in Hell diff.
> Anybody know by how much? Or have a link for info on this?
>
> It's just too cool to shoot some FA on a bunch of monsters and still find
> frozen ones after quite some time much farther away <g>.

Do you have fire or poison to kill cold immunes, or what have you got up
your sleeve?

> Thanks,
>
> Oliver

HI,

"Jesper Madsen" <balls@mail.stofanet.dk> wrote in

> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message

>> It's just too cool to shoot some FA on a bunch of monsters and still
>> find frozen ones after quite some time much farther away <g>.
>>
> Do you have fire or poison to kill cold immunes, or what have you got
> up your sleeve?

they'd have to be cold/physical immune to pose a problem. And that'll only
get a real problem in hell diff.
At level 75, my merc could use Reaper's Toll with Decrep, and that defeats
most (if not all) PI's.
Perhaps I'll try a Lawbringer sword on weapon switch, as it has a higher
Decrep. But I would have to get quite close to the baddies...

Regards,

Oliver

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Oliver Wenzel wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I was playing around with my bowazon (SP level 63 in NM Act4) and boosted
>> up her Freezing Arrow with a bunch of cold damage charms. About 12 one
>> second charms + 2 seconds from FA + 4 seconds from Duress armor make about
>> 18 seconds of freezing time..

Find a 6-socket bow (siege/colossus) and put 6 PSapphires in it.

That bow, on switch, with Freezing Arrow skill halts crowds even in
hell. I then switch to Lycander's Aim and recover the Mana used to stop
them.

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

"Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I was playing around with my bowazon (SP level 63 in NM Act4) and
boosted
> >> up her Freezing Arrow with a bunch of cold damage charms. About 12 one
> >> second charms + 2 seconds from FA + 4 seconds from Duress armor make
about
> >> 18 seconds of freezing time..
>
> Find a 6-socket bow (siege/colossus) and put 6 PSapphires in it.
>
> That bow, on switch, with Freezing Arrow skill halts crowds even in
> hell. I then switch to Lycander's Aim and recover the Mana used to stop
> them.

While reading old guides on Diabloii.net (not the best source for truth) I
saw something about how multiple poison sources didn't just add they
squared, so 2 poison sources in a weapon would get 4x the poison, 6 would
get 36 times the damage, was this true in some past version and does it
still work, and in this case would it work with cold sources as well?

Hi,

Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in

> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was playing around with my bowazon (SP level 63 in NM Act4) and
>>> boosted up her Freezing Arrow with a bunch of cold damage charms.
>>> About 12 one second charms + 2 seconds from FA + 4 seconds from
>>> Duress armor make about 18 seconds of freezing time..
>
> Find a 6-socket bow (siege/colossus) and put 6 PSapphires in it.
>
> That bow, on switch, with Freezing Arrow skill halts crowds even in
> hell. I then switch to Lycander's Aim and recover the Mana used to
> stop them.

I did some testing with my normal bow and a bunch of cold small charms
and the freezing time seems to be okay so far. I have 2 second cold in my
WWS bow (jewel with cold and max damage) and 4 secs from Duress armor and
about 8 secs from charms.

But I guess 4% mana leech isn't enough. I had about 10% before my current
Hell gear setup and that worked much better. I'll have to find some more
mana leech items..

Regards,

Oliver