muc0n

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
I have a Radeon 8500LE and i do not get the performance i think i should. I think it may be that my agp port is only 2x or that my power supply is 150W. Does anyone know if either of these effects performance drastically. I just bought a 400W power supply dont know if itll help though.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Not likely to be caused by your port being 2x, you shouldn't see any deficit of more than 10% with that card at that speed.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

muc0n

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
Cool any chance it is the power supply because i have also added a new hd and cdrom to my pc since it was bought about 2 years ago.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Power supply problems usually cause system instability first. I think your problem is likely software related.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

DesperateDan

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002
What is the make of the card? I have heard the Crucial radeon 8500LE uses 166mhz ddr ram when all the rest use 250mhz ddr ram, obviously a card to avoid.