Sign in with
Your question

Low Performance.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 30, 2002 2:26:24 AM

I have a Radeon 8500LE and i do not get the performance i think i should. I think it may be that my agp port is only 2x or that my power supply is 150W. Does anyone know if either of these effects performance drastically. I just bought a 400W power supply dont know if itll help though.

More about : low performance

a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2002 5:29:18 AM

Not likely to be caused by your port being 2x, you shouldn't see any deficit of more than 10% with that card at that speed.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
August 30, 2002 7:15:45 PM

Cool any chance it is the power supply because i have also added a new hd and cdrom to my pc since it was bought about 2 years ago.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2002 9:27:57 PM

Power supply problems usually cause system instability first. I think your problem is likely software related.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
August 31, 2002 12:01:35 AM

What is the make of the card? I have heard the Crucial radeon 8500LE uses 166mhz ddr ram when all the rest use 250mhz ddr ram, obviously a card to avoid.
!