No magical items

Help me I have no magical items, but my chance to get magical items is 89
and I have allmost none.

somebody

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 20:29:32 +0200, Luka Stancic
<luka.stancic@pu.t-com.hr> wrote:

>Help me I have no magical items, but my chance to get magical items is 89
>and I have allmost none.

I'm no expert on magical items... I don't have very many... and rarely
go on "hunts" for magical items with chance-adding gear. But I have
had high magic-finding chances before, and noticed I was picking up
more objects sometimes... and sometimes not.

It really depends on where you're looking. Some places, even if you
have a very high chance of finding magic items, you won't find very
many (though, of course, you will find more than you would with less
chance). The places that you're apt to find the most and best magical
items are boss fights, and probably the later boss fights in the game
like Mephisto, Diablo and Baal. Again, no expert here though... but
you didn't say much in your message, so I'm figuring you might not
know that the boss fights are usually the places most people go for
when "magic-finding". There are also certain special chests in the
game in which you will be more apt to find magic items, and they will
be in various places.

--*Dividedbyzero on USEast

In a parallel universe, Anti-Luka Stancic said exactly the opposite of:

> Help me I have no magical items, but my chance to get magical items is
> 89 and I have allmost none.

The chance to get magical items is random, and helped by the bonus to
magic finding. This is not a case where 100% chance to find magic items
means that everything will drop as unique or set or even magic. It just
means you have double the existing chance than an item dropped will be
unique, set, rare or magical. It is all very confusing from a
common-sense point of view but if you read the following it might help
unconfuse you.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/magic/magicfind.shtml

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in
the sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some

somebody

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 19:25:51 GMT, "K.os" <K.osNO@SPAMvideotron.ca>
wrote:

>The chance to get magical items is random, and helped by the bonus to
>magic finding. This is not a case where 100% chance to find magic items
>means that everything will drop as unique or set or even magic. It just
>means you have double the existing chance than an item dropped will be
>unique, set, rare or magical. It is all very confusing from a
>common-sense point of view but if you read the following it might help
>unconfuse you.
>
>http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/magic/magicfind.shtml
>
>*-) K.os

Thank you for that link! I didn't make this post, but that actually
educated me with some things I didn't know. Since I don't magic-find
often, I didn't take the time to learn about exactly how it worked...

From the page:
"Will Magic Find work with Minions and Hirelings?
Yes. When you make a kill, you get the Magic Find % of yourself only.
When a Hireling gets a kill, it uses the combined Magic Find of the
Hireling and you."

The Hireling uses combined Magic Find of itself *and* me? That's
interesting... so MF gear I put on my Hireling actually increases its
chance... and if I had a chance as well... if the Hireling makes the
kill, the chance stacks? That's good to know if so... but kills I
make don't include gear for my Hireling, and I don't know if my
Hireling is going to be killing Mephisto or Baal!

It's also useful to know that there's no cap on MF, and that it
doesn't work with gambling...both also things I didn't know before, so
thank you again for the link.

--*Dividedbyzero on USEast

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 18:07:57 -0400, Somebody <thisis@fake.ihope> wrote:

> The Hireling uses combined Magic Find of itself *and* me? That's
> interesting... so MF gear I put on my Hireling actually increases its
> chance... and if I had a chance as well... if the Hireling makes the
> kill, the chance stacks? That's good to know if so... but kills I
> make don't include gear for my Hireling, and I don't know if my
> Hireling is going to be killing Mephisto or Baal!

Wear them down with your char and then just stand back and let the merc
finish them.

> It's also useful to know that there's no cap on MF,

But there seems to be a point of diminishing returns. I think most settle
for 500% or so (without merc's mf).

--
freemont