Gainward Ti4200 help

DrJeckyl

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Hey, I'm in the process of building a new system, and have decided on everything but the vid card.
I don't see the point in going for the big Radeon 9700 yet, for the advantages of 8x agp can't even be exploited yet. I'll wait for the standard to settle in before I purchase a card such as this one. Also, I wasn't as impressed with the performance/dollar trade off.
I'm going to go with a Gainward Ti4200-128mb.
I was looking at some sites, and see a couple different versions of this card, and the descriptions for them being very vague, so I'm asking for product specs from you.
What are the feature differences between the: 1. PowerPack Ultra 650XP Golden 2. PowerPack Ultra 650TV Golden 3. I saw a Ti4400 128meg for the same price as the 650XP.
Give me the scoop! Thanx

nja469

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
Don't buy they golden sample [-peep-], just market hyped for "performance mode" AKA overclocking, which you can do with any card by using RivaTuner or downloading gainwards xpertool. I use xpertool and I have a chaintech card, lol.

Anyhow the 650XP is the 128MB of mem model, they have that and a 650XP golden sample which I talked about already. Both have a TV out and DVI connectors. Also have s-connectors to caputure vid from TV or camcorders.

The 650 are the 64mb versions, which use slightly faster and higher quality ram, thus why it could be priced a bit more. THey have TV out and DVI connectors as well.

The Ultra 650 TV is designed for higher quality TV output, a card you shouldn't concern yourself with.

The Ultra 650 is the same as the 650 w/o TV out or DVI connectors, making is cheaper.

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"