What is wrong with runewords ?

I have found battle hat with 2 slots.
I tried to make Lore runeword - ORT SOL.
Problem is - I try to put rune ORT - and it doesn'n go into empty
slot.
What can be wrong ?
It is closed battlenet game on Europe realm.

In article <p9up51tmj2abl52fne1t56ulrm00hp1ogo@4ax.com>,
szpakuu <szpakuu@poczxta.onet.pl> wrote:
>I have found battle hat with 2 slots.
>I tried to make Lore runeword - ORT SOL.
>Problem is - I try to put rune ORT - and it doesn'n go into empty
>slot.
>What can be wrong ?
>It is closed battlenet game on Europe realm.

Try to put the rune in when the War Hat is in your stash or inventory. It
might ot work then your character is still wearing it.

Or you are running some kind of 3rd party program which has a variant of
'socket protection'? Try diabling that, and retry.

Regards,

Patrick.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:59:28 +0200, Patrick Vervoorn
<patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:

>In article <p9up51tmj2abl52fne1t56ulrm00hp1ogo@4ax.com>,
>szpakuu <szpakuu@poczxta.onet.pl> wrote:
>>I have found battle hat with 2 slots.
>>I tried to make Lore runeword - ORT SOL.
>>Problem is - I try to put rune ORT - and it doesn'n go into empty
>>slot.
>>What can be wrong ?
>>It is closed battlenet game on Europe realm.
>
>Try to put the rune in when the War Hat is in your stash or inventory. It
>might ot work then your character is still wearing it.
>
>Or you are running some kind of 3rd party program which has a variant of
>'socket protection'? Try diabling that, and retry.

Thanks - this time it worked.

szpakuu wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:59:28 +0200, Patrick Vervoorn
> <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:
>
> > In article <p9up51tmj2abl52fne1t56ulrm00hp1ogo@4ax.com>,
> > szpakuu <szpakuu@poczxta.onet.pl> wrote:
> > > I have found battle hat with 2 slots.
> > > I tried to make Lore runeword - ORT SOL.
> > > Problem is - I try to put rune ORT - and it doesn'n go into
> > > empty slot.
> > > What can be wrong ?
> > > It is closed battlenet game on Europe realm.
> >
> > Try to put the rune in when the War Hat is in your stash or
> > inventory. It might ot work then your character is still wearing
> > it.
> >
> > Or you are running some kind of 3rd party program which has a
> > variant of 'socket protection'? Try diabling that, and retry.
> >

> Thanks - this time it worked.

You should maybe at some point read the readme file that comes with
Maphack...

--
AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php