Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Maxing IK Barb killing speed?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 12:23:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hello,

I'm building an IK Barb, and he's now about level 77, wearing the complete
set. Killing speed is nice, very nice, and I think he can finish the game
solo, though I still have to do that.

My plans for him after that is to make him my 'minimum-MF' plain item
finder. For that, I want him to have as little MF as possible, but I want
to maximize his killing speed. So PTopazes are out of the questions. :) 

I also don't want to turn him into a Gold Finder, so no Lems too...

I already socketed the IK Maul with 2 x Shael, but what should I put in
the helmet (2 sockets) and armour (1 socket) in order to further improve
his killing speed?

Enhanced damage by % jewels? +min/+max jewels? Is there another IAS
breakpoint I could reach when putting in 3 x 15%IAS + second mod jewels in
those slots?

What other equipment (IK leaves only 2 x ring + 1 x amulet) should I wear
to further improve killing speed? Currently using Carrion Wind, rare
LL/ar/etc ring and a Highlords Wrath amulet.

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 1:10:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi,

Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
news:b7ea$425eb507$82a1d3bf$31550@news1.tudelft.nl:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm building an IK Barb, and he's now about level 77, wearing the
> complete set. Killing speed is nice, very nice, and I think he can
> finish the game solo, though I still have to do that.
>
> My plans for him after that is to make him my 'minimum-MF' plain item
> finder. For that, I want him to have as little MF as possible, but I
> want to maximize his killing speed. So PTopazes are out of the
> questions. :) 

might merc with Reaper's Toll, Delirium helmet and Duress armor would be
a nice companion. Monsters are cursed or Decrep'ed most of the time.

With Whirlwind attack, the IAS breakpoint is 70% for 6.2 attacks per
second. So beyond 2 SHAEL in the IK maul you won't need anything else.

Lots of Crushing Blow would be nice. Crafted blood gloves (10%) + Goblin
Toe (25%) and Duress armor (15%) give a nice 50% CB.

Obedience Thresher on switch for the level 21 Enchant - +200%AR for 10
minutes is a real gift. Just hit some low-level monsters on the head and
you're set. You could also use this nice weapon against bosses - 40%CB
and very good damage.

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 1:47:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In article <d3mf72$sbl$05$1@news.t-online.com>,
Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
>news:b7ea$425eb507$82a1d3bf$31550@news1.tudelft.nl:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm building an IK Barb, and he's now about level 77, wearing the
>> complete set. Killing speed is nice, very nice, and I think he can
>> finish the game solo, though I still have to do that.
>>
>> My plans for him after that is to make him my 'minimum-MF' plain item
>> finder. For that, I want him to have as little MF as possible, but I
>> want to maximize his killing speed. So PTopazes are out of the
>> questions. :) 
>
>might merc with Reaper's Toll, Delirium helmet and Duress armor would be
>a nice companion. Monsters are cursed or Decrep'ed most of the time.

Got a Might merc, with Reaper's Toll is already accompanying him. No plans
for a delirium hat, but I'd like to give him a Guillaume's Face. Duress
armour is planned, but I'm currently trying to get some nice ethereal 3
socket armours through the trade forum.

>With Whirlwind attack, the IAS breakpoint is 70% for 6.2 attacks per
>second. So beyond 2 SHAEL in the IK maul you won't need anything else.

Hmmm, OK, so I don't have to look for more IAS. That makes it a bit
easier.

>Lots of Crushing Blow would be nice. Crafted blood gloves (10%) + Goblin
>Toe (25%) and Duress armor (15%) give a nice 50% CB.

Well, nice idea, but I want to wear the complete IK Set, so that leaves
the items you mention out.. ;) 

>Obedience Thresher on switch for the level 21 Enchant - +200%AR for 10
>minutes is a real gift. Just hit some low-level monsters on the head and
>you're set. You could also use this nice weapon against bosses - 40%CB
>and very good damage.

Still trying to get a 5 socket ethereal elite polearm for obedience (on a
merc). Would that help that much? The IK Barb as is hits almost anything
immediately. No idea how he will fare in Act 5, but I also haven't maxed
Mace Mastery yet, and that adds plenty more AR bonus.

But I'll keep this in mind....

Regards,

Patrick.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 12:03:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In article <b7ea$425eb507$82a1d3bf$31550@news1.tudelft.nl>,
Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:
>
>Hello,
>
>I'm building an IK Barb, and he's now about level 77, wearing the complete
>set. Killing speed is nice, very nice, and I think he can finish the game
>solo, though I still have to do that.
>
>My plans for him after that is to make him my 'minimum-MF' plain item
>finder. For that, I want him to have as little MF as possible, but I want
>to maximize his killing speed. So PTopazes are out of the questions. :) 
>
>I also don't want to turn him into a Gold Finder, so no Lems too...
>
>I already socketed the IK Maul with 2 x Shael, but what should I put in
>the helmet (2 sockets) and armour (1 socket) in order to further improve
>his killing speed?
>
>Enhanced damage by % jewels? +min/+max jewels? Is there another IAS
>breakpoint I could reach when putting in 3 x 15%IAS + second mod jewels in
>those slots?
>
>What other equipment (IK leaves only 2 x ring + 1 x amulet) should I wear
>to further improve killing speed? Currently using Carrion Wind, rare
>LL/ar/etc ring and a Highlords Wrath amulet.

Well, responses to the above has been a bit 'low' to say the least.

Anyone else have an opinion? What would be the best runes/jewels to socket
the remaining slots in the IK helmet/armour with?

The Barb's main attack is WW, and when looking at the weapon-speed
calculator, and it seems the breakpoints for an Ogre Maul are:

0 - 6 - 16 - 37 - 69

With two Shaels, I'm at 80% IAS on the weapon. However, it seems with two
15% IAS jewels (and of course a nice secondary mod), I will also reach
this final WW breakpoint. Am I correct?

The IAS breakpoints for the plain IK Maul with Concentrate (my backup
skill) look like:

0 - 14 - 35 - 69 - 123 - 240

So with those same 2 IAS/2nd mod jewels, it looks like I'm also hitting
the 12fpa mark. 11fpa seems reachable, with effort, but not worth it?

Am I again correct?

So, I suppose 15%IAS/xx%dmg jewels are the best for the IK Maul.

But what would I put in the armour? I understaand xx% dmg words less good
on hat/armor, so would I be helped more there with +max and/or +min damage
jewels? What type?

Keep in mind, I'm aiming for a max offensive power Barb.

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 12:03:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi,

Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
news:7307$42649f49$82a1d3bf$9584@news2.tudelft.nl:

> In article <b7ea$425eb507$82a1d3bf$31550@news1.tudelft.nl>,
> Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:
>
> The Barb's main attack is WW, and when looking at the weapon-speed
> calculator, and it seems the breakpoints for an Ogre Maul are:
>
> 0 - 6 - 16 - 37 - 69
>
> With two Shaels, I'm at 80% IAS on the weapon. However, it seems with
> two 15% IAS jewels (and of course a nice secondary mod), I will also
> reach this final WW breakpoint. Am I correct?
>
yep.

> The IAS breakpoints for the plain IK Maul with Concentrate (my backup
> skill) look like:
>
> 0 - 14 - 35 - 69 - 123 - 240
>
> So with those same 2 IAS/2nd mod jewels, it looks like I'm also
> hitting the 12fpa mark. 11fpa seems reachable, with effort, but not
> worth it?
>
> Am I again correct?

Well, I played around with the speed calculator, and it looks like you'll
need those 70%IAS on the weapon and another 40%IAS off-weapon to hit 12
fpa. This doesn't make too much sense, perhaps it's a bug?

OTOH, as Conc would only be a backup attack, I wouldn't bother too much
with breakpoints there.

> But what would I put in the armour? I understaand xx% dmg words less
> good on hat/armor, so would I be helped more there with +max and/or
> +min damage jewels? What type?

With level 20 WW + level 20 Mastery and Level 20 Might aura you'd be
getting 450%ED already. So, assume you'd do 100 max damage:

100 max * 450%ED = 550 max
100 max * 510%ED = 610 max
120 max * 450%ED = 660 max

So, +20 max damage beats 2 30%ED jewel hands down. If I can make the space
in my stash, I always carry some damage/AR/life charms..

But perhaps some cold damage jewels and charms could freeze the monsters in
place for a few seconds? Easy kills?

Regards,

Oliver
!