Maxing IK Barb killing speed?

Hello,

I'm building an IK Barb, and he's now about level 77, wearing the complete
set. Killing speed is nice, very nice, and I think he can finish the game
solo, though I still have to do that.

My plans for him after that is to make him my 'minimum-MF' plain item
finder. For that, I want him to have as little MF as possible, but I want
to maximize his killing speed. So PTopazes are out of the questions. :)

I also don't want to turn him into a Gold Finder, so no Lems too...

I already socketed the IK Maul with 2 x Shael, but what should I put in
the helmet (2 sockets) and armour (1 socket) in order to further improve
his killing speed?

Enhanced damage by % jewels? +min/+max jewels? Is there another IAS
breakpoint I could reach when putting in 3 x 15%IAS + second mod jewels in
those slots?

What other equipment (IK leaves only 2 x ring + 1 x amulet) should I wear
to further improve killing speed? Currently using Carrion Wind, rare
LL/ar/etc ring and a Highlords Wrath amulet.

Regards,

Patrick.
4 answers Last reply
More about maxing barb killing speed

    Hi,

    Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm building an IK Barb, and he's now about level 77, wearing the
    > complete set. Killing speed is nice, very nice, and I think he can
    > finish the game solo, though I still have to do that.
    >
    > My plans for him after that is to make him my 'minimum-MF' plain item
    > finder. For that, I want him to have as little MF as possible, but I
    > want to maximize his killing speed. So PTopazes are out of the
    > questions. :)

    might merc with Reaper's Toll, Delirium helmet and Duress armor would be
    a nice companion. Monsters are cursed or Decrep'ed most of the time.

    With Whirlwind attack, the IAS breakpoint is 70% for 6.2 attacks per
    second. So beyond 2 SHAEL in the IK maul you won't need anything else.

    Lots of Crushing Blow would be nice. Crafted blood gloves (10%) + Goblin
    Toe (25%) and Duress armor (15%) give a nice 50% CB.

    Obedience Thresher on switch for the level 21 Enchant - +200%AR for 10
    minutes is a real gift. Just hit some low-level monsters on the head and
    you're set. You could also use this nice weapon against bosses - 40%CB
    and very good damage.

    Regards,

    Oliver

    In article <d3mf72$sbl$05$1@news.t-online.com>,
    Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
    >>
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I'm building an IK Barb, and he's now about level 77, wearing the
    >> complete set. Killing speed is nice, very nice, and I think he can
    >> finish the game solo, though I still have to do that.
    >>
    >> My plans for him after that is to make him my 'minimum-MF' plain item
    >> finder. For that, I want him to have as little MF as possible, but I
    >> want to maximize his killing speed. So PTopazes are out of the
    >> questions. :)
    >
    >might merc with Reaper's Toll, Delirium helmet and Duress armor would be
    >a nice companion. Monsters are cursed or Decrep'ed most of the time.

    Got a Might merc, with Reaper's Toll is already accompanying him. No plans
    for a delirium hat, but I'd like to give him a Guillaume's Face. Duress
    armour is planned, but I'm currently trying to get some nice ethereal 3
    socket armours through the trade forum.

    >With Whirlwind attack, the IAS breakpoint is 70% for 6.2 attacks per
    >second. So beyond 2 SHAEL in the IK maul you won't need anything else.

    Hmmm, OK, so I don't have to look for more IAS. That makes it a bit
    easier.

    >Lots of Crushing Blow would be nice. Crafted blood gloves (10%) + Goblin
    >Toe (25%) and Duress armor (15%) give a nice 50% CB.

    Well, nice idea, but I want to wear the complete IK Set, so that leaves
    the items you mention out.. ;)

    >Obedience Thresher on switch for the level 21 Enchant - +200%AR for 10
    >minutes is a real gift. Just hit some low-level monsters on the head and
    >you're set. You could also use this nice weapon against bosses - 40%CB
    >and very good damage.

    Still trying to get a 5 socket ethereal elite polearm for obedience (on a
    merc). Would that help that much? The IK Barb as is hits almost anything
    immediately. No idea how he will fare in Act 5, but I also haven't maxed
    Mace Mastery yet, and that adds plenty more AR bonus.

    But I'll keep this in mind....

    Regards,

    Patrick.

    In article <b7ea$425eb507$82a1d3bf$31550@news1.tudelft.nl>,
    Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I'm building an IK Barb, and he's now about level 77, wearing the complete
    >set. Killing speed is nice, very nice, and I think he can finish the game
    >solo, though I still have to do that.
    >
    >My plans for him after that is to make him my 'minimum-MF' plain item
    >finder. For that, I want him to have as little MF as possible, but I want
    >to maximize his killing speed. So PTopazes are out of the questions. :)
    >
    >I also don't want to turn him into a Gold Finder, so no Lems too...
    >
    >I already socketed the IK Maul with 2 x Shael, but what should I put in
    >the helmet (2 sockets) and armour (1 socket) in order to further improve
    >his killing speed?
    >
    >Enhanced damage by % jewels? +min/+max jewels? Is there another IAS
    >breakpoint I could reach when putting in 3 x 15%IAS + second mod jewels in
    >those slots?
    >
    >What other equipment (IK leaves only 2 x ring + 1 x amulet) should I wear
    >to further improve killing speed? Currently using Carrion Wind, rare
    >LL/ar/etc ring and a Highlords Wrath amulet.

    Well, responses to the above has been a bit 'low' to say the least.

    Anyone else have an opinion? What would be the best runes/jewels to socket
    the remaining slots in the IK helmet/armour with?

    The Barb's main attack is WW, and when looking at the weapon-speed
    calculator, and it seems the breakpoints for an Ogre Maul are:

    0 - 6 - 16 - 37 - 69

    With two Shaels, I'm at 80% IAS on the weapon. However, it seems with two
    15% IAS jewels (and of course a nice secondary mod), I will also reach
    this final WW breakpoint. Am I correct?

    The IAS breakpoints for the plain IK Maul with Concentrate (my backup
    skill) look like:

    0 - 14 - 35 - 69 - 123 - 240

    So with those same 2 IAS/2nd mod jewels, it looks like I'm also hitting
    the 12fpa mark. 11fpa seems reachable, with effort, but not worth it?

    Am I again correct?

    So, I suppose 15%IAS/xx%dmg jewels are the best for the IK Maul.

    But what would I put in the armour? I understaand xx% dmg words less good
    on hat/armor, so would I be helped more there with +max and/or +min damage
    jewels? What type?

    Keep in mind, I'm aiming for a max offensive power Barb.

    Regards,

    Patrick.

    > In article <b7ea$425eb507$82a1d3bf$31550@news1.tudelft.nl>,
    > Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:
    >
    > The Barb's main attack is WW, and when looking at the weapon-speed
    > calculator, and it seems the breakpoints for an Ogre Maul are:
    >
    > 0 - 6 - 16 - 37 - 69
    >
    > With two Shaels, I'm at 80% IAS on the weapon. However, it seems with
    > two 15% IAS jewels (and of course a nice secondary mod), I will also
    > reach this final WW breakpoint. Am I correct?

    yep.

    > The IAS breakpoints for the plain IK Maul with Concentrate (my backup
    > skill) look like:
    >
    > 0 - 14 - 35 - 69 - 123 - 240
    >
    > So with those same 2 IAS/2nd mod jewels, it looks like I'm also
    > hitting the 12fpa mark. 11fpa seems reachable, with effort, but not
    > worth it?
    >
    > Am I again correct?

    Well, I played around with the speed calculator, and it looks like you'll
    need those 70%IAS on the weapon and another 40%IAS off-weapon to hit 12
    fpa. This doesn't make too much sense, perhaps it's a bug?

    OTOH, as Conc would only be a backup attack, I wouldn't bother too much
    with breakpoints there.

    > But what would I put in the armour? I understaand xx% dmg words less
    > good on hat/armor, so would I be helped more there with +max and/or
    > +min damage jewels? What type?

    With level 20 WW + level 20 Mastery and Level 20 Might aura you'd be
    getting 450%ED already. So, assume you'd do 100 max damage:

    100 max * 450%ED = 550 max
    100 max * 510%ED = 610 max
    120 max * 450%ED = 660 max

    So, +20 max damage beats 2 30%ED jewel hands down. If I can make the space
    in my stash, I always carry some damage/AR/life charms..

    But perhaps some cold damage jewels and charms could freeze the monsters in
    place for a few seconds? Easy kills?

    Regards,

    Oliver

Video Games