CE Mod - DClone Takes a Dirt Nap

The DClone recently made an appearance in my game a few days ago.
Having never before met this legendary creature, I decided to go have a
look. Not really familiar with spawning him - something about he
replaces a unique? - I tried my luck in the Stony Field. Sure enough,
right by the Cairn Stones, I was met with rings of fire.

I wasn't really going to give it a try. I've read the posts that say a
bowazon is not one of the better builds to take him on, and my
resistances were not maxed, but I thought, well, why not.

My poor merc couldn't last 2 seconds, which is very interesting, since
he has 63% damage reduction and much better resists than I do, but I
was barely taking damage at all, even with only 8% DR.

It was tough, but not that bad. Run and shoot, cast Amp Damage, rinse
and repeat. The main problem was that I couldn't hold him in place, and
he runs about like a puppy on speed. Eventually I stopped reviving my
merc and my Valk would not last long, either.

The key, as with any build, was Crushing Blow and Prevent Monster Heal,
both of which my zon has, as well as Open Wounds, Deadly Strike, etc.
CB seems to work with ranged attacks in this mod, which I don't think
it does in regular D2 (though I'm not sure).

A warning - whatever you do, don't stop moving. When you do, the Clone
casts Bone Prison on you, known as "An Evil Force" in this mod. It is
very tough to break out of, and the whole time you're trying to break
free, the Clone is breathing his Lightning hose on you. The only times
I needed potions were here. That Lightning hose hurts.

*Possible Spoiler*

The Clone drops 5 gold small charms and a Book of Wisdom. Each of these
charms is an Annihilus with differing mods, so you have to pick each
one up individually, compare the stats, and keep the one you think is
best. I've killed the Clone twice now and both times he dropped a Book
of Wisdom and 5 gold small charms.

I was just elated when the DClone bit it, as I've never killed him
before. Encouraged by my success, I descended into the Hell Catacombs
level 4. Andy and King Leoric never knew what hit them. The Butcher?
Wow. I'm not sure what his default mods are but he spawned Cursed and
Immune to Physical. He one-hit killed my merc, Valk and Decoy. I cast
another Valk - too late, too late - and was after me before I could say
Marlboro Man. I have 197% Faster Run/Walk, and he was matching me pace
for pace. Round and around we ran around his room before he was
side-tracked by my slow-as-molasses Valk. This gave me a split-second
to cast a Town Portal and get the hell outta Dodge. There's not a thing
in the world that he could drop that would make me try that again.

Some screenies from the DClone:

http://www.geocities.com/neithskye/DClone.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/neithskye/DClone1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/neithskye/DCloneDrops.jpg

Jill

ArtDent wrote:
> On 14-Apr-2005, "neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I've killed the Clone twice now
>
> Wow, congratulations.
> btw, have you ever gotten/found a black key yet?

Nope. For some reason I thought that Chimera dude in The Seven was
supposed to drop it but he dropped nothing. I thought it was a mistake
since he kinda died "in" a wall, so he couldn't drop anything, like how
if you kill something over a river it can't drop anything, so I created
another game and killed him again. He still dropped nothing.

I've also never gotten from an egg/found a character doll, either.

Jill

Denis Renard wrote:
> neithskye a écrit :

> Do you know that you can store as many annihilus (or gheed) charms as

> you want in your *shared* stash?

I did *not* know that. I sure wish I had before I left all those
Annihilus charms lying around on the ground. :p

> And standard monsters in WSK can drop
> annihilus charms too?

In all difficulties or just Hell?

Congrats on getting the Dclone. I wish you had a few screen shots of
The Butcher. <g>

I decided to take him on last night in NM and he was a piece of cake.
He spawned extra fast, but he went down in less than a minute. I guess
my 15k bone spirits did most of that. So on to King Leoric who was
immune to magic and physical and took my minions out in a matter of a
few seconds. The butcher dropped two of those butchers pupils axes.
I still haven't been able to get the DClone, so tonight I may sell the
one single SOJ that I gambled last night, and see if that brings out the
clone.

wrote:

> I've killed the Clone twice now

Wow, congratulations.
btw, have you ever gotten/found a black key yet? And, if so, from
whom/what area?
--
Don't Panic!

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, "ArtDent" wrote:

>> On 14-Apr-2005, "neithskye" wrote:
>>
>> > I've killed the Clone twice now
>>
>> Wow, congratulations.
>> btw, have you ever gotten/found a black key yet? And, if so, from
>> whom/what area?

Go have a chat with Damien.

He's in the bottom of The Swampy Pit.

Eat something fitting while you're at it: Smack-a-Damian nut ice cream.

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

neithskye a écrit :
> The Clone drops 5 gold small charms and a Book of Wisdom. Each of these
> charms is an Annihilus with differing mods, so you have to pick each
> one up individually, compare the stats, and keep the one you think is
> best.

Do you know that you can store as many annihilus (or gheed) charms as
you want in your *shared* stash? And standard monsters in WSK can drop
annihilus charms too?

Denis Renard wrote:
> neithskye a écrit :
>
>> The Clone drops 5 gold small charms and a Book of Wisdom. Each of these
>> charms is an Annihilus with differing mods, so you have to pick each
>> one up individually, compare the stats, and keep the one you think is
>> best.
>

> Do you know that you can store as many annihilus (or gheed) charms as
> you want in your *shared* stash? And standard monsters in WSK can drop
> annihilus charms too?
WSK? My brain must not be working properly right now. What is that?

Diane

sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in

> Denis Renard wrote:
>> neithskye a écrit :
>>
>>> The Clone drops 5 gold small charms and a Book of Wisdom. Each of
these
>>> charms is an Annihilus with differing mods, so you have to pick each
>>> one up individually, compare the stats, and keep the one you think
is
>>> best.
>>

>> Do you know that you can store as many annihilus (or gheed) charms as
>> you want in your *shared* stash? And standard monsters in WSK can
drop
>> annihilus charms too?
> WSK? My brain must not be working properly right now. What is that?

World Stone Keep by chance?

Diane

Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in

>>> Wow, congratulations.
>>> btw, have you ever gotten/found a black key yet? And, if so, from
>>> whom/what area?
>

> Go have a chat with Damien.
>
> He's in the bottom of The Swampy Pit.
>
> Eat something fitting while you're at it: Smack-a-Damian nut ice
cream.

Sounds like my favorite.

Diane wrote:
> sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in

> these

> is

>>>Do you know that you can store as many annihilus (or gheed) charms as
>>>you want in your *shared* stash? And standard monsters in WSK can
>
> drop
>
>>>annihilus charms too?
>>
>>WSK? My brain must not be working properly right now. What is that?
>

> World Stone Keep by chance?
ahhhhh, That would probably be it! :)

Diane a écrit :
> sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in
>>WSK? My brain must not be working properly right now. What is that?
>

> World Stone Keep by chance?
Right (Baal's place in Act V Hell difficulty)

neithskye a écrit :
> In all difficulties or just Hell?

So far got one in Hell difficulty. And I guess that monsters in normal
or nightmare difficulty are too low a level to be able to drop annihilus
charms.

Blue Jack Sky wrote:
> Congrats on getting the Dclone. I wish you had a few screen shots
of
> The Butcher. <g>

Gee. You know, there wasn't a heck of a lot of time. :p

> I decided to take him on last night in NM and he was a piece of cake.
> He spawned extra fast, but he went down in less than a minute. I
guess
> my 15k bone spirits did most of that. So on to King Leoric who was
> immune to magic and physical and took my minions out in a matter of a
> few seconds. The butcher dropped two of those butchers pupils axes.

Yes, The Butcher was easy in NM for me, too. Hell was a whole other
animal, although it depends a lot on what mods he spawns with, of
course. It's too bad - I killed him in Normal and NM and both times he
dropped 4-5 uniques so I was curious to see what he would drop.

My merc has 6K life after BO and he was one-hit killed. How do you kill
something that you can't tank, you can't keep in one spot for your
ranged attacks, runs as fast as you do, and you can't afford to have it
hit you even once.

> I still haven't been able to get the DClone, so tonight I may sell
the
> one single SOJ that I gambled last night, and see if that brings out
the
> clone.

As ArtDent mentioned in another post, the counter keeps running even if
the game is paused. I pause the game at night, and when I get back to
the game the next day after work (about 19 hours later), the first
thing that happens when I unpause the game is the Clone spawns. You
should give it a try.

Jill