Official: Comcast to Acquire 51% Stake in NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

this is great news for the world to hear. just one step closer to global domination. oh and watch the new old dogs movie! it's hilarious!!!

mustwarnothers

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
"It all boils down to them shit-soaked pigs

The pigs, the pigs, the dregs of what y'all aim for
The gluttonous muddy stomachs under the pudgy cakehole
Two-track braniacs using the food and payroll
To chew up and consume every cookie, crumb, and peso

And place a cloven hoof on the lucrative when convenient
As the bourbon-odor smokers' coughs smolder off the Cohiba

If Noah had the benefit of hindsight on his ship
He could've snatched two unicorns and left behind the motherf$@king Pigs.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Gee. I wonder how Comcast has enough $$ to pull off a purchase such as this. If we believe all the BS coming from these giants they are just losing money right and left... poor them. But, miraculously, they still managed to have some 37 billion in the pockets just in case they wanted to buy a majority share of NBC!

Hey, it's cool. No need to update your internet lines to provide more bandwidth. Not like the rest of the world has faster internet speed than we do in the US. You keep spending billions of dollars at a time and simultaneously complaining that "downloaders" are hurting your bottom line.

It doesn't hurt the lips to talk about of separate sides of the mouth?

skora

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Theres some of us that are still pissed that Comcast, who owns Versus, and Direct TV couldn't come to a deal so DirectTV users don't get Vs. Guess what, now they probably won't get NBC stations either. DirectTV will have to buy ABC and Dish will have to buy Fox, so you'll have to have 3 providers and none of them will have overlapping stations except for QVC. We'll never get rid of that one.

G

Great. Now NBC's prime time lineup will not only suck, but you won't be able to stream the episodes because their bandwidth is capped :p

G

You see? I told you those internet companies have more than enough money!
Trying to limit internet traffic, with the excuse that they either are going to increase the prices... They get more money by far than what they spend!
The consumer should have the option to subscribe to a $12 internet connection per month!

mustwarnothers

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
The above song quote couldn't be more appropriate, but it gets downrated by Tech nerds.

I'm sure if it was a Dreamtheater quote, they'd be all over it.

wenty

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
No wonder my Comcast bill keeps going up..... I will dump them if this continues to be the trend.

jon bon wonton

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
[citation][nom]MustWarnOthers[/nom]The above song quote couldn't be more appropriate, but it gets downrated by Tech nerds.I'm sure if it was a Dreamtheater quote, they'd be all over it.[/citation]

No, it's because if Noah left the pigs behind, we wouldn't have bacon.

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]skora[/nom]... so you'll have to have 3 providers and none of them will have overlapping stations except for QVC. We'll never get rid of that one.[/citation]
Sure you can. I did it. I just cancel all TV subscriptions. And I am not going to be their customer until they allow me to select which channels I want to watch. If more people do this sooner we will kick out the garbage from the TV screen. And while I am waiting for this to happen I just starting reading more and enjoy it very much. Thanks very much Google Books.

RooD

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
Well NBC will go off the air all the time... Comcast is crap. My TV always cuts out and my internet is always down with them...

cabletechnician

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Now there will be even less to watch on TV. Hope everyone likes reality shows delivered in compressed HD. Good thing my smooth-motion TV is good at polishing turds.

-The Cable Guy

marsax73

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Gee. I wonder how Comcast has enough $$ to pull off a purchase such as this. If we believe all the BS coming from these giants they are just losing money right and left... poor them. But, miraculously, they still managed to have some 37 billion in the pockets just in case they wanted to buy a majority share of NBC!Hey, it's cool. No need to update your internet lines to provide more bandwidth. Not like the rest of the world has faster internet speed than we do in the US. You keep spending billions of dollars at a time and simultaneously complaining that "downloaders" are hurting your bottom line. It doesn't hurt the lips to talk about of separate sides of the mouth?[/citation]

Yeah I thought a year ago, the P2P users were clogging your network but there wasn't enough money to upgrade to keep up with the bandwidth usage? Now suddenly money is there so they can absorb more and give us less entertainment. Personally I'm not impressed with my HD options on Comcast right now. Got NHL Center Ice but none of it is in HD. Great!

It's all crap!

man i never watch G4TV anymore because of that. there hosts come off as complete tools. but there hosts are from L.A. so its not a surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.