bone ash is a tight-arsed ah heck?

I'm playing D2 single player (players 8) with an MF dual frenzy barb. My
barb has just over 400 MF, and my merc has about 100 MF or so.
The problem I'm getting, is that after hundreds and hundreds of runs,
(normal) bone ash won't drop higher than rare. According to ATMA V drop
calculator, there's quite a few set and unique items he can drop - I have
most of them from other monsters, but there's a few left I'd like to get my
hands on from Bone Ash. I have tried creating TCP/IP games to randomise
things and then come back to single player - no effect.
My question is... what an earth is going on?
Anyone know?
cheers
adam

After approximately 500 runs, bone ash has finally dropped higher than rare,
even if it was only an arctic binding. i hope this is the beginning of a
beautiful relationship :p
cheers
adam

"Adam Sawyer" <sawyeraj@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> I'm playing D2 single player (players 8) with an MF dual frenzy barb. My
> barb has just over 400 MF, and my merc has about 100 MF or so.
> The problem I'm getting, is that after hundreds and hundreds of runs,
> (normal) bone ash won't drop higher than rare. According to ATMA V drop
> calculator, there's quite a few set and unique items he can drop - I have
> most of them from other monsters, but there's a few left I'd like to get
> my hands on from Bone Ash. I have tried creating TCP/IP games to randomise
> things and then come back to single player - no effect.
> My question is... what an earth is going on?
> Anyone know?
> cheers
> adam

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:47:28 +0800, "Adam Sawyer"
<sawyeraj@iinet.net.au> wrote:

>After approximately 500 runs, bone ash has finally dropped higher than rare,
>even if it was only an arctic binding. i hope this is the beginning of a
>beautiful relationship :p
>cheers
>adam

Sorry, I would've replied offering you my experience except I don't
know that much about what Bone Ash should drop, as I haven't done much
magic-finding, let alone with Bone Ash!

500 is a lot of runs though, it sounds like you're being persistent.
Maybe good things will come to those who wait after all?

Anyway, good luck!

--
USEast, Softcore and Hardcore Ladders.

persistent?
I killed cold crow 5000 times to get all the items she could drop - it tooks
me weeks! i'll get this boney bastard!
;)
adam