Has anybody heard anything about a ladder reset, I just heard a rumor that they
were going to do it again, also has anybody heard anything about a diablo 3
coming out???

The anouncment date has been set for 2006 (see link below), it doesn't
mean it will be released in 2006. I'd say more like 2007-8. They've
just recently hired developers "to work with the Diablo team", both
graphic design and programmers, so they're abviously working on it.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/

"ptegan" <ptegan_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> Has anybody heard anything about a ladder reset, I just heard a rumor that
they
> were going to do it again, also has anybody heard anything about a diablo
3
> coming out???

The ladder will be reset again whenever bNet feel fit to do it.

They dont commit themselves to any schedule for resetting ladder so that
they cant be held responsable for when they feel to meet their own targets
(constantly) ;)

Nobody knows when the next reset will be done but details will more than
likely be made available on www.battle.net/diablo2exp/ which is where they
make most of these types of announcments before the event.

I myself am estimating the reset to be about July -to- September so have
started preparing a list of people to rush & play with straight after
rest... Obviously I cant say for definate as bNet will always refuse to
comment. Even if they did comment... you can add a random delay of 1 day to
5 years :p

- Trammel

"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
> "ptegan" <ptegan_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> > Has anybody heard anything about a ladder reset, I just heard a rumor
that
> they
> > were going to do it again, also has anybody heard anything about a
diablo
> 3
> > coming out???
> >

> The ladder will be reset again whenever bNet feel fit to do it.
>
> They dont commit themselves to any schedule for resetting ladder so that
> they cant be held responsable for when they feel to meet their own targets
> (constantly) ;)
>
> Nobody knows when the next reset will be done but details will more than
> likely be made available on www.battle.net/diablo2exp/ which is where they
> make most of these types of announcments before the event.
>
> I myself am estimating the reset to be about July -to- September so have
> started preparing a list of people to rush & play with straight after
> rest... Obviously I cant say for definate as bNet will always refuse to
> comment. Even if they did comment... you can add a random delay of 1 day
> 5 years :p
>
> - Trammel

Oh yeah... the "word on the street" is that Diablo3 is going to be released
early next year... or atleast thats the target date that alot of game
resellers are quoting ;)

Note: We are talking about a Blizzard game here though... so take that date
with a pinch of salt (dont put too much faith in them... half of blizzard
staff cant program and only hired due to being local to the office).

- Trammel

As far as i remember it took at least 1-2 years to develop 1.10 after
anouncement, what does that tell you when it comes to develop a new
game by the same team?

Guus

On 18 Apr 2005 10:57:16 -0700, "Bugler" <bugler@gmail.com> wrote:

>The anouncment date has been set for 2006 (see link below), it doesn't
>mean it will be released in 2006. I'd say more like 2007-8. They've
>just recently hired developers "to work with the Diablo team", both
>graphic design and programmers, so they're abviously working on it.
>
>http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/

it's not the same team ......

adam

"thebastard" <nowaymail@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> As far as i remember it took at least 1-2 years to develop 1.10 after
> anouncement, what does that tell you when it comes to develop a new
> game by the same team?
>
> Guus
>
> On 18 Apr 2005 10:57:16 -0700, "Bugler" <bugler@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>The anouncment date has been set for 2006 (see link below), it doesn't
>>mean it will be released in 2006. I'd say more like 2007-8. They've
>>just recently hired developers "to work with the Diablo team", both
>>graphic design and programmers, so they're abviously working on it.
>>
>>http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/

True. The real team that developed and knew all there is to know about the
game left and formedtheir own company. So, a new set of new guys, trying to
build on an old game they know nothing about, and yet fix the current issues
so they don't reoccur. Fat chance. Blizzard shouldstick to one thing till
they get it right. So far, they are 0 for about 10. But, we can always hope.
Then again.... their fix, create runeword (enigma, botd) that guarantees
that dupers will flood realms with high level duped runes and make matters
worse. Shoulda left good enough alone. Like when bowazons ruled and they
"fixed" them? Now you have hammerdins WITH enigmas. LMAO. Like I said, get
it right before you flop another WoW.
Speaking of which, Pay-to-Play? Go-To-Hell!