Best Untwinked Character to run through Normal

Hi all!

It's been a while since I actively played Diablo 2 and thus am
starting a new Ladder character from scratch.

In your opinion, what would be the best character to run through
normal from the very beginning, untwinked, in order to find good items
to twink a second character?

I've been trying to start a Lighting Javazon, but it very slow going
(using a bow right now since javelins seem pretty weak thus far).

I actually started an Assassin and she seems to be going much faster
untwinked.

Of course, they may reset the Ladder soon and I'll be screwed... but
if the Ladder were reset tonight, what character build would you use
to run through in order to twink your other characters in the future?

- Samiel
5 answers Last reply
More about best untwinked character normal

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:57:46 +0000, Samiel wrote:

    > In your opinion, what would be the best character to run through
    > normal from the very beginning, untwinked, in order to find good items
    > to twink a second character?
    >
    > I've been trying to start a Lighting Javazon, but it very slow going
    > (using a bow right now since javelins seem pretty weak thus far).
    >
    > I actually started an Assassin and she seems to be going much faster
    > untwinked.
    >
    > Of course, they may reset the Ladder soon and I'll be screwed... but
    > if the Ladder were reset tonight, what character build would you use
    > to run through in order to twink your other characters in the future?

    Your question doesn't state whether you value being able to continue
    the first char to higher levels or whether the job of the first char
    is just to finish normal. To do a good job of twinking you ideally
    want a char that will be able to MF on hell difficulty. So anyway,
    if the char is going to continue, then I vote for Skellimancer.
    If the char is just trying to finish normal in the least amount of
    time, I vote for an assassin that uses claw mastery and burst of
    speed to get to lvl 12, then Wake of Fire and possibly Blade Fury
    to finish normal.

    On ladder season 2 currently running I have summoning necro. 20 to
    skeleton mastery, skeleton warriors, skeleton mages and summon resists.
    1 to revive, amplify damage and decrify. 1+ to corpse explosion. He was
    easy on start and he is easy on hell in every area. He is not so
    dependant on uber equipment. He loves mana enhansements though.

    Next season I will make meteor/orb sorc just for a change. I would like
    to try teleport now. If I had instant access to enigma armour then I
    most probably would make a summoner necro again.

    If you can have access to another copy of LOD or can get someone to
    help you, I suggest you to put one charachter trhough the Normal-Hell
    with the char you choose. Just to get the Hellforge runes and to make a
    game opener for Countess runs and Cow runs.

    In article <6i0861511tmcrhn0sqmiaat7gr035snt1a@4ax.com>,
    Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:

    > Hi all!
    >
    > It's been a while since I actively played Diablo 2 and thus am
    > starting a new Ladder character from scratch.
    >
    > In your opinion, what would be the best character to run through
    > normal from the very beginning, untwinked, in order to find good items
    > to twink a second character?
    >
    > I've been trying to start a Lighting Javazon, but it very slow going
    > (using a bow right now since javelins seem pretty weak thus far).
    >
    > I actually started an Assassin and she seems to be going much faster
    > untwinked.
    >
    > Of course, they may reset the Ladder soon and I'll be screwed... but
    > if the Ladder were reset tonight, what character build would you use
    > to run through in order to twink your other characters in the future?

    Hmmm, just through normal...then avoid builds that use lvl 30 skills.

    Try a frost zealot - Paladin using Zeal and Holy Freeze. Pick up an act
    2 merc. (Blessed Aim. Maybe switch to Might if you go to NM).

    Other idea would be a Chain Lightning sorc. One point in static field
    works wonders, even in normal (add Frozen Orb if you continue to higher
    diff levels. Have one point in Glacial Spike in normal to freeze things)

    "Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all!
    >
    > It's been a while since I actively played Diablo 2 and thus am
    > starting a new Ladder character from scratch.
    >
    > In your opinion, what would be the best character to run through
    > normal from the very beginning, untwinked, in order to find good items
    > to twink a second character?
    >
    > I've been trying to start a Lighting Javazon, but it very slow going
    > (using a bow right now since javelins seem pretty weak thus far).
    >
    > I actually started an Assassin and she seems to be going much faster
    > untwinked.
    >
    > Of course, they may reset the Ladder soon and I'll be screwed... but
    > if the Ladder were reset tonight, what character build would you use
    > to run through in order to twink your other characters in the future?
    >
    > - Samiel

    Summoner necro easily.

    Samiel wrote:

    > Hi all!
    >
    > It's been a while since I actively played Diablo 2 and thus am
    > starting a new Ladder character from scratch.
    >
    > In your opinion, what would be the best character to run through
    > normal from the very beginning, untwinked, in order to find good items
    > to twink a second character?
    >
    > I've been trying to start a Lighting Javazon, but it very slow going
    > (using a bow right now since javelins seem pretty weak thus far).
    >
    > I actually started an Assassin and she seems to be going much faster
    > untwinked.
    >
    > Of course, they may reset the Ladder soon and I'll be screwed... but
    > if the Ladder were reset tonight, what character build would you use
    > to run through in order to twink your other characters in the future?
    >
    > - Samiel

    I'd say Barbarian or Paladin if you want to use a melee character. A
    Necromancer with skeletons or a Elemental Druid with wolves if you want
    to avoid personal confrontation.

    Watchman :)
    --
    'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

Games Video Games