New Duelling Obsession

Solaris

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2003

I've noticed a marked increase in hostility lately...
Just started a new Enchantress on Asia LoD SCL. Decided to build a
party friendly character :)

When playing on Sunday, was hostiled about 6 times in less than three
hours.

Two of these were from Paladins, and one barb, low 40's (same level as
the sorc at the time). Amazingly, sorc survived.

Still, it rather funny to see a sorc duel using a melee attack with a
sword, vs the typical melee characters.

Two more were level 80+ sorc and amazon... Needless to say, I was not
feeling suicidal and let it go... :)

Last one had me staring at the screen in disbelief. A level 12
Necromancer. Using a bow + Bone Wall. Declared hostility upon entering
the game (which had 8 players in it)!

Now, perhaps some people have suicidal tendencies... As far as i see,
there's absolutely no way a level 12 can contest a level 42.

On a side note, I always let them pick up their 30K-odd gold. I get
that much from selling almost any exceptional item anyway.

Are people just getting more aggressive? I hope not. Does this happen
to anyone else?

Solaris

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2003

You are probably right.
Although, using IM against a sorc that deals 20 average physical, &
500+ fire damage, and has over 300 life is not going to work all that
well... :)

"Solaris" <execve@mail.ru> wrote in message
> I've noticed a marked increase in hostility lately...
> Just started a new Enchantress on Asia LoD SCL. Decided to build a
> party friendly character :)
>
> When playing on Sunday, was hostiled about 6 times in less than three
> hours.
>
> Two of these were from Paladins, and one barb, low 40's (same level as
> the sorc at the time). Amazingly, sorc survived.
>
> Still, it rather funny to see a sorc duel using a melee attack with a
> sword, vs the typical melee characters.
>
> Two more were level 80+ sorc and amazon... Needless to say, I was not
> feeling suicidal and let it go... :)
>
> Last one had me staring at the screen in disbelief. A level 12
> Necromancer. Using a bow + Bone Wall. Declared hostility upon entering
> the game (which had 8 players in it)!
>
> Now, perhaps some people have suicidal tendencies... As far as i see,
> there's absolutely no way a level 12 can contest a level 42.
>
> On a side note, I always let them pick up their 30K-odd gold. I get
> that much from selling almost any exceptional item anyway.
>
> Are people just getting more aggressive? I hope not. Does this happen
> to anyone else?

Maybe he figures he can IM one of the melees while they are in combat.