9700 not working at all on 8K3A+..stuck

Y_T

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2002
Just got my 9700 Pro and I get colored bars at post. It seems as though the system is booting, it's just not able to display properly. I have to put the G4 back in to get to the BIOS. Speaking of the BIOS, I have tried many settings changes as related to AGP and Video as well as FSB. I also updated the BIOS and tried safe default settings to no avail. The card has power. I installed the card fine in the other rig which is running Soyo Dragon +. I have also tried removing all other cards, moving RAM, using DVI adapter on second video out. It seems it has to be the MB. Really could use some thoughts of wisdom.

EP-8K3A+ 2619
XP 2000 133 FSB
Corsair XMS2700C2 166x2
Audigy
3Com NIC
Generic 56K (grr)
400W PS

Y_T

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2002
Not one reply huh? Maybe the same ppl who read this forum saw my posts on the other three forums :p
Anyway...
Problem fixed thanks to some smart ppl out there..
After replacing my Antec 400W PSU with an Enermax Whisper 430W the system is working.

Thanx again.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I was just going to axe you if you had the mini four-pin drive power cable hooked up.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>