here is my current system!

athlon 800mhz
geforce 2 pro 64mb ddr
sb audigy
80gig hdd
liteon cdrw
toshiba dvd

here is what I may do!

buy an ati 9700pro and run with it in my current system, then in about 2 - 4 weeks purchase a new cpu/motherboard and ram.

but I am not sure what to buy amd or intel? what do you guys think?

also is it worth my buying such I high spec graphics card when I only have a 17 inch monitor (samsung syncmaster 753dnf)?

cheers
Angels

GleaM

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002
Hi Angels!!!

Well, about your buy, I just have to say that ATI 9700 is a ROCKING VGA, but it surely needs to live among a good CPU and MoBo. Your actual system is not bad (never think your HW is bad! ;) ), but probably getting an AMD XP 2100 or a Pentium IV 2400 and a good board will match with the VGA.
About the choice between INTEL and AMD, is the everyday topic. Feel free to buy either one of them, if you have money. In my personal opinion and experience, AMD goes with me, but I don't really know if it's the best or not. I also like the color blue, but maybe green I better? :p

Enjoy you buy!!

12 years ago there was LEGO, now there is Hardware!

angels

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
cheers for the reply,

just one other thing!
I am thinking that I should get an m/board with agp8x

also is the amd xp2100 equal to the p4 2.4ghz !!

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
A AGP8x mobo with a good cpu would really squize the juices of the 9700. If the price of the mobo goes up alot because of the new AGP then 4x should be fine too.

The processor issue you can check out in the "CPU Guide"-section of THG.

<font color=red>I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I´m all out of bubblegum...</font color=red>