radeon 9700 size and shuttle barebone

davepermen

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
hy. i'm collecting the pieces for my new pc system, and i'm very interested in the barebones from shuttle, basically the SS51G, the one with the agp4x slot. i want to plug in an ati radeon9700, but i'm not sure if it actually fits in, and as it is not availible here in swiss yet, i can't check this. i'm interested, if anyone on tomshardware or so could check if they work together.

my planned settings:
the barebone
about 512mb ram, some ddr 333mhz
a p4 2.8giga
the ati radeon9700

two things i'm a little scared of:
the size, does that stuff fits into the barebone
the power supply, does the barebone mini-power-supply supply enough power for the gpu? it needs additional power.. gpu,cpu,one hd (for now),dvd-cdburner-combi,the usb2hub for the adslmodem.. is there enough power for running that all?

thats about it, happy for any informative replies
thanks,
davepermen

"take a look around" - limp bizkit

www.google.com

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Hmm.... the Ti4600 actually fits in that case, so not to worry, but one thing I would worry about is the PSU. It's pretty small and with a 2.8GHz and a R9700, I don't really think the PSU's gonna take it.

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>

davepermen

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
hm.. i thought about that as well, and i'm currently checking for a bether power supply. it has 200W, the standart one.. i think i need more then.. there is the possibility to catch up a server rack psu. they are quite small and spit out 300W or so, but a) that costs more, b) they are damn loud and noisy, and c) they are quite long (means coming out at the back..)..

this gets annoying.. :|

"take a look around" - limp bizkit

www.google.com

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Hmmm.... I've also heard of *external PSU*. I'm not sure how they work, but you might be able to use that. Basically a P4 2.8G and a R9700 would probably need at least a 350W to be fully stable.

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>

TRENDING THREADS