Leadtek vs Gainward vs Chaintech

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Ok, I'm pretty sure these three manufacturers make quality graphics cards. The one I'm getting is the Ti 4200 64mb. For Gainward and Chaintech I've found a few websites(thanks to PriceWatch)which have em at $127.00 each. The cheapest Leadtek I've found is $139.00(Newegg). I'm digging Leadtek's HSF.

My question is this: Does anybody have any solid info as to which is the best? When I say best I mean in terms of reliability first and foremost, and OC ability(with stock fan). Am I mistaken thinking Leadtek's fan is superior due to the fact that it, for one, it looks cool, but it also covers more surface area than the other cards.

I know I've mentioned this a week or two ago but all I'm looking for is a couple of educated responses. I'm not expecting an answer from Eden because he's already been more than nice in other forums I've posted in. Plus he's just plain cool.

As usual, thanks for the responses. They help exponentially. Honest.

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
BUMP...ok, is the Leadtek card a good one? That's all I really want to know. Does anybody have it? Maybe either of the other ones?

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Leadtek is an excellent company. I have a predilection for them, as their products are really good. Yes, the hsf is hornifying:) and it oc's well too. Go for it.

What if you had admin rights to life?

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Hey, I really appreciate the posts guys. I guess all I needed was a little assurance. I think I'm gonna go with the Leadtek. Although it's still a tough decision.

Thanks again.