Radeon 8500 stuffed!! help?

wazzz

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002
Hey,
I have a authentic radeon 8500 and I tried out the voltage mod on it with a pencil to increase the voltage. After I put it back in, it made my screen all distorted and in a kind of checkered pattern. I rubbed off the pencil marks after that and the same thing still happens.

I tried it in another computer but it does the same thing.
Anyone got any ideas?

AMD and ATi rock

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
I think you probably drew the line too hard, therefore fed it too much voltage and burnt something... :frown:

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
:smile: Yes aren't you lucky? If I had the money, I wouldn't even bother trying to make an excuse :tongue: .

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Not me! I normally wouldn't pay the kind of money top video cards cost. I buy cheap video cards and play 1 and 2 year old games. (I'm playing Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force now, interesting story lines but dumb AI).

This may change when DOOM 3 arrives (if it arrives). Big fan of the Doom series. I'll need a top video and a top rig if the game is good enough.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>