Fireball / Frozen Orb Sorceress

Okay, so I've started my third character in the past couple of
weeks... a Fireball / Frozen Orb Sorceress.

Here's my plan...

Point in Warmth
Level Firebolt until I get Fireball.
Level Fireball until I get Frozen Orb
Max Frozen Orb
Max Fireball
Max Firebolt

In that order... of course, there are some prerequisites, but pretty
minor I think.

Is that the general way one would do this?

She will be my main MF I think... if I ever get her leveled enough.

Anyone out there with experience on this build?

- Samiel

"Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
> Okay, so I've started my third character in the past couple of
> weeks... a Fireball / Frozen Orb Sorceress.
>
> Here's my plan...
>
> Point in Warmth
> Level Firebolt until I get Fireball.
> Level Fireball until I get Frozen Orb
> Max Frozen Orb
> Max Fireball
> Max Firebolt
>
> In that order... of course, there are some prerequisites, but pretty
> minor I think.
>
> Is that the general way one would do this?
>
> She will be my main MF I think... if I ever get her leveled enough.
>
> Anyone out there with experience on this build?
>
> - Samiel

That's pretty much how I did it as well. As far as I can tell that's about
the best Sorc to build :)

short

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:48:26 -0400, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>
wrote:

>That's pretty much how I did it as well. As far as I can tell that's about
>the best Sorc to build :)
>
>short

I think it goes more like this though...

Point in Warmth

Point in Static when available
Point in Teleport when available
Point in Telekinesis when available

Level Firebolt until I get Fireball.
Level Fireball until I get Frozen Orb
Point in Cold Mastery
Point in Fire Mastery

Max Frozen Orb
Max Fireball
Max Firebolt

Points in Meteor, Fire Mastery, and Warmth afterwards...

In that order...

Does that sound better?

> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:48:26 -0400, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>
> wrote:
> >
> >That's pretty much how I did it as well. As far as I can tell that's
about
> >the best Sorc to build :)
> >
> >short
> >
> I think it goes more like this though...
>
> Point in Warmth
>
> Point in Static when available
> Point in Teleport when available
> Point in Telekinesis when available
>
> Level Firebolt until I get Fireball.
> Level Fireball until I get Frozen Orb
> Point in Cold Mastery
> Point in Fire Mastery
>
> Max Frozen Orb
> Max Fireball
> Max Firebolt
>
> Points in Meteor, Fire Mastery, and Warmth afterwards...
>
> In that order...
>
> Does that sound better?
>
> -
Hehe, yup :)

I think I maxxed Fireball first though, before Frozen Orb.

short

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:14:51 GMT, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:

>Okay, so I've started my third character in the past couple of
>weeks... a Fireball / Frozen Orb Sorceress.
>
>Here's my plan...
>
>Point in Warmth
>Level Firebolt until I get Fireball.
>Level Fireball until I get Frozen Orb
>Max Frozen Orb
>Max Fireball
>Max Firebolt
>
>In that order... of course, there are some prerequisites, but pretty
>minor I think.
>
>Is that the general way one would do this?
>
>She will be my main MF I think... if I ever get her leveled enough.
>
>Anyone out there with experience on this build?

dont neglect Static Field. I once killed Diablo in normal, in under 30
seconds with a Sorceress who had several points into static field and
a pair of +30 walk boots. Ran circles around him and just kept
right-clicking the static field, then finished him with an ice blast
or forzen orb or something.

It was so quick, it was almost over before it started. Static field is
champs on big bosses with LOTS of hit points.

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:43:35 -0400, PeeVee_Hermann
<edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:14:51 GMT, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:
>
>>Okay, so I've started my third character in the past couple of
>>weeks... a Fireball / Frozen Orb Sorceress.
>>
>>Here's my plan...
>>
>>Point in Warmth
>>Level Firebolt until I get Fireball.
>>Level Fireball until I get Frozen Orb
>>Max Frozen Orb
>>Max Fireball
>>Max Firebolt
>>
>>In that order... of course, there are some prerequisites, but pretty
>>minor I think.
>>
>>Is that the general way one would do this?
>>
>>She will be my main MF I think... if I ever get her leveled enough.
>>
>>Anyone out there with experience on this build?
>>

>dont neglect Static Field. I once killed Diablo in normal, in under 30
>seconds with a Sorceress who had several points into static field and
>a pair of +30 walk boots. Ran circles around him and just kept
>right-clicking the static field, then finished him with an ice blast
>or forzen orb or something.
>
>It was so quick, it was almost over before it started. Static field is
>champs on big bosses with LOTS of hit points.

It's probably THE MOST OVERLOOKED skill in the game...
....and most definitely one of the best party friendly ones.
<g>

(snip)

> >It was so quick, it was almost over before it started. Static field is
> >champs on big bosses with LOTS of hit points.
> >

> It's probably THE MOST OVERLOOKED skill in the game...
> ...and most definitely one of the best party friendly ones.
> <g>

And it's worst for your merc, exp-wise, in a party, especially with a
skellimancer...
It's a shame, you deal probably most damage of all party members, but your
merc won't level :(

Rudi,
who is happy that he played the Necro in that party, not the Statisorc :)

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:14:24 GMT, noneyabusiness <me@you.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:43:35 -0400, PeeVee_Hermann
><edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:14:51 GMT, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Okay, so I've started my third character in the past couple of
>>>weeks... a Fireball / Frozen Orb Sorceress.
>>>
>>>Here's my plan...
>>>
>>>Point in Warmth
>>>Level Firebolt until I get Fireball.
>>>Level Fireball until I get Frozen Orb
>>>Max Frozen Orb
>>>Max Fireball
>>>Max Firebolt
>>>
>>>In that order... of course, there are some prerequisites, but pretty
>>>minor I think.
>>>
>>>Is that the general way one would do this?
>>>
>>>She will be my main MF I think... if I ever get her leveled enough.
>>>
>>>Anyone out there with experience on this build?
>>>

>>dont neglect Static Field. I once killed Diablo in normal, in under 30
>>seconds with a Sorceress who had several points into static field and
>>a pair of +30 walk boots. Ran circles around him and just kept
>>right-clicking the static field, then finished him with an ice blast
>>or forzen orb or something.
>>
>>It was so quick, it was almost over before it started. Static field is
>>champs on big bosses with LOTS of hit points.
>>

>It's probably THE MOST OVERLOOKED skill in the game...
>...and most definitely one of the best party friendly ones.
><g>

I'm playing a Necro in a mod I made for 1.09 and I wish he had static
field. Taking Diablo down in Nightmare was a chore that took not 30
seconds, but 30 MINUTES.

I also have the mod made so that Baals minions in the throne of
destruction, are Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, and Diablo. When Diablo
spawned he came up as "Demon Stone Skin" and I simply had to quit the
game. 10 minutes and I wasnt even making a dent in the guy. Static
Field would have chopped those hit points down REAL quick.

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:39:14 GMT, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:

>I think it goes more like this though...
>
>Point in Warmth
>
>Point in Static when available
>Point in Teleport when available
>Point in Telekinesis when available
>
>Level Firebolt until I get Fireball.
>Level Fireball until I get Frozen Orb
>Point in Cold Mastery
>Point in Fire Mastery
>
>Max Frozen Orb

Well, I got to this point this weekend... so at level 49, I have
Maxxed Frozen Orb! Right now my MF is at +205% which doesn't seem to
net me too much.

Helm = +48% (two perfect topazes) - could be +72% easily

Amulet = +11% (prettty low)

Weapon = +0% (not sure what would be good for a Sorceress... hard to
find a good orb untwinked)

Armor = +0% (gotta do something about this) - could be +96% easily

Shield = +25% (Rhyme)

Belt = +30% (found Goldwrap)

Gloves = +29% (found Chanceguards)

Ring 1 = +14% (need Manald)

Ring 2= +15% (need another Manald)

Boots = +33% (gambled, I think, boots of luck)

Total = +205%, but could easily be +325% if I had the perfect topazes
and the sockets for them.

Right now, my biggest issue is finding a good orb. I've been using
the "Leaf" runeword since I could, but to use "Rhyme" I need a
one-handed weapon. Maybe I'll find something better down the road.

>Max Fireball
>Max Firebolt
>
>Points in Meteor, Fire Mastery, and Warmth afterwards...
>
>In that order...

I'm thinking about adding some points to Static Field, maybe bumping
it to 3... and then finding some +Skill items. Right now, the radius
is pretty small.

Some thoughts:
+205% MF isn't gaining me much now. I remember on my old 1.10 LF
Amazon with +406% MF and she'd get a set or unique 80% of the time she
killed Mephisto/Diablo and probably 40% of the time she killed
Shenk/Eldritch/Pindle in a run.

Maybe I'm just having bad luck with my MF or maybe it doesn't kick in
very well until +300% MF or more...

With maxxed Frozen Orb, Nightmare is not too bad, but I'm not killing
as quickly as I'd hoped. If they don't die very fast in Nightmare, I
wonder how Hell difficulty is going to be... and maybe the later acts
of Nightmare...

Does maxxing Fireball/Firebolt and points in Meteor/Fire Mastery
really help that much? Should I pump a few points into Cold Mastery
to up my Frozen Orb dmg? Should I put a couple more points into
Warmth?

Right now, I have about the following stats...

Str - 70
Dex - 60
Vit - 120
Energy - 60

I'm guessing I don't need anymore Str/Dex (unless I want to go max
block). So, I'm thinking about pumping Vit/Energy.

So far, she's definitely not the killing machine my LF Amazon was, but
then again, I had pretty decent gear back then. Maybe with better
gear (read +skills), this Sorceress will be just as good and better?

- Samiel

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:30:25 +0200, "Kiko"
<Filip.Ladic_nospam_@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm playing a Necro in a mod I made for 1.09 and I wish he had static
>> field. Taking Diablo down in Nightmare was a chore that took not 30
>> seconds, but 30 MINUTES.
>>
>> I also have the mod made so that Baals minions in the throne of
>> destruction, are Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, and Diablo. When Diablo
>> spawned he came up as "Demon Stone Skin" and I simply had to quit the
>> game. 10 minutes and I wasnt even making a dent in the guy. Static
>> Field would have chopped those hit points down REAL quick.
>>

>Can you please give me link where you downloaded this mod? (balls minions)

I made my own. But lots of it, including this particular Baals minions
mod, i stole from a plug-in doohickey I got a Phrozen Keep.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y105225FA

or to the phrozen keep:

http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/

everything you need to know to mod your own. its not hard and i'm a
terrible code writer. If I can do it, anybody can.

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:18:36 +0200, "Kiko"
<Filip.Ladic_nospam_@gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y105225FA
>>

>I found here that mod, but the page redirect me to Fileplanet and I just
>hate this page :p
>Lots of spam later on my e-mail.
>Can you please send me this mod to my mail?
>It's only 85kb.
>E-mail is Filip.Ladic@gmail.com
>Thanks a lot

I dont have it anymore, I'm sorry. Its been folded into a huge mod I
made with many different plug ins and all sorts of things. I dont have
the plug in as a separate file anymore. You'll have to get it just
like i did, wait for the FilePlanet download.

Point is, in order to use that plug in, you have to understand some
brief bits about modding the game anyway... without spending some time
at Phrozen Keep and learning sort of what to do, the plug in by itself
would be useless. It's not hard, but its more complex than simply
putting a single file in a D2 folder.