trouble with DVI

steveproimage

Distinguished
May 15, 2002
I have an ATI Radeon 7500 and a 17" Iiyama AS4332UT LCD flat panel. Everything runs fine when I connect to the VGA socket on the graphics card. However, when I connect to the DVI socket using the correct cable (the one that came with the monitor, male to male DVI) all I get is "no signal, check cable ands connection" message. I don't have a spare DVI cable, but I do not think that is problem. I have downloaded the latest ATI driver to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

steveproimage

Distinguished
May 15, 2002
Thanks for your suggestion. The Flat panel icon is greyed out, and there is a red cross through it, as there is with the TV and the second monitor. I have used a radeon 7500 with a flat panel display previously and it worked fine, even with 75 foot cable and booster kit.

I am starting to think that it may be a hardware fault with the monitor. I have called Iiyama, but they have not called back yet. Any more ideas?

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Hmmm, Is there a switch, either physical or in a menu, for the capability to go between DVI and VGA mode or is switching automatic? Did you try both DVI-I ports on the panel?

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>

slawek123

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002
I have the same problem with Leadtek Winfast 250-4600 (also with Radeon 8500 built by ATI)and Samsung SyncMaster 181t. I hit the A/B button on my moniter and it worked, but I can't turn on my monitor from stand-by with mouse click or keyboard.

bzdura