Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

CE Mod - Weird Merc Problem

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 12:52:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I have a barb in Normal Act V who has a Rogue merc. I have her wearing
the Arctic set, and she's still doing well, with 100-2-something
damage. Anyway, I was all excited about her turning level 41 because
after my BO she'd have just over 2K life. But when she did turn 41 the
weirdest thing happened. Not only did her damage go down (it's 84-193
now), but her life took a major plunge. Now she starts off with 432
life, giving her 860 after my BO, whereas at level 40 it was 1,986 or
something like that. I'm trying to remember if I remembered her stats
incorrectly, but I specifically remember being excited that she'd have
over 2K life.

I also just discovered that she disappears now in fights, which is a
first. She's still shooting away, but her character disappears. Then
she reappears, then disappears again. When she's not shooting it's
fine.

Anyone playing the CE mod have a similar problem with their merc, where
they seem to revert to stats 10 levels below what they are? Or is this
some feature that I'm not aware of? I can't figure out what happened .
.. .

Jill

More about : mod weird merc problem

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 12:55:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
> I also just discovered that she disappears now in fights, which is a
> first. She's still shooting away, but her character disappears. Then
> she reappears, then disappears again. When she's not shooting it's
> fine.
>
> Anyone playing the CE mod have a similar problem with their merc, where
> they seem to revert to stats 10 levels below what they are? Or is this
> some feature that I'm not aware of? I can't figure out what happened .
> . .

I've noticed my Act 1 merc had the habit becoming invisible in fights, but
it was only happening when she was wearing a particular amulet, Luck Sigil.
Oddly, both my sorceress and my merc gained the "Fade" visual effect when
wearing this amulet.

Do you have an account at the Chaos Empire forums? You could try reporting
this in the bugs forum.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 1:23:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On 26 Apr 2005 20:52:21 -0700, "neithskye"
<jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> I have a barb in Normal Act V who has a Rogue merc.

All my characters have a rogue merc.

>> I have her wearing
>> the Arctic set, and she's still doing well, with 100-2-something
>> damage.

She can wield *any* weapon that is not class-specific, so get her a
pole-arm that whacks major buttocks, gives a useful aura for the
character she's a merc to, and watch her use it as a bow.

>> Anyway, I was all excited about her turning level 41 because
>> after my BO she'd have just over 2K life. But when she did turn 41 the
>> weirdest thing happened. Not only did her damage go down (it's 84-193
>> now),

What auras does she manifest (besides the Sanctuary)?

>> but her life took a major plunge. Now she starts off with 432
>> life, giving her 860 after my BO, whereas at level 40 it was 1,986 or
>> something like that. I'm trying to remember if I remembered her stats
>> incorrectly, but I specifically remember being excited that she'd have
>> over 2K life.

Any gear changes?

>> I also just discovered that she disappears now in fights, which is a
>> first. She's still shooting away, but her character disappears. Then
>> she reappears, then disappears again. When she's not shooting it's
>> fine.

Same here... when taking damage she goes invisible (not silent).

Are you online at all? Which realm?


--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper
Related resources
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 7:58:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Graeme Lindsell wrote:
> "neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I've noticed my Act 1 merc had the habit becoming invisible in
fights, but
> it was only happening when she was wearing a particular amulet, Luck
Sigil.
> Oddly, both my sorceress and my merc gained the "Fade" visual effect
when
> wearing this amulet.

I hadn't actually changed her gear since Act I. And she only started
disappearing when she turned lvl 41, when everything else went buggy.

> Do you have an account at the Chaos Empire forums? You could try
reporting
> this in the bugs forum.

I suppose. I was just upset because our next quest was The Ancients and
I wanted her to have lots of life. Turns out neither of us even needed
a potion. :-) Now we're in Act I NM and every time I level my first
point goes into BO so her life is back to a respectable level.

Jill
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 8:11:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Brian Brunner wrote:
> On 26 Apr 2005 20:52:21 -0700, "neithskye"
> <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

> All my characters have a rogue merc.

I've never played a barb before (or any melee character for that
matter), and she really seems to compliment my playing style. I like
her and want to keep her. What kinds of characters do you have?

> She can wield *any* weapon that is not class-specific, so get her a
> pole-arm that whacks major buttocks, gives a useful aura for the
> character she's a merc to, and watch her use it as a bow.

You know, I'd totally forgotten that. Thank you for the reminder. I
have a barb; now to figure out what a useful aura would be. :-)

> What auras does she manifest (besides the Sanctuary)?

Just that one.

> >> but her life took a major plunge. Now she starts off with 432
> >> life, giving her 860 after my BO, whereas at level 40 it was 1,986
or
> >> something like that. I'm trying to remember if I remembered her
stats
> >> incorrectly, but I specifically remember being excited that she'd
have
> >> over 2K life.
>
> Any gear changes?

No.

I had muled over some stuff from my bowazon for the early levels, and
am enjoying playing a barb so much next thing I knew I was in Act V.
:-)

> >> I also just discovered that she disappears now in fights, which is
a
> >> first. She's still shooting away, but her character disappears.
Then
> >> she reappears, then disappears again. When she's not shooting it's
> >> fine.
>
> Same here... when taking damage she goes invisible (not silent).

I had her wearing Infernostride boots at one point. I knew when she got
hit because she would sometimes cast Blaze, but she never disappeared.
That only started after she turned lvl 41, when everything else seemed
to go buggy.

> Are you online at all? Which realm?

No, only SP. I know I have the realm option, just never went on. Is it
like BattleNet where you can't take a SP character onto a realm?


Jill
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 1:30:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On 28 Apr 2005, "neithskye" wrote:

>> Brian Brunner wrote:
>> > On 26 Apr 2005, "neithskye" wrote:
>>
>> > All my characters have a rogue merc.
>>
>> I've never played a barb before (or any melee character for that
>> matter), and she really seems to compliment my playing style. I like
>> her and want to keep her. What kinds of characters do you have?

Eventually I'll have at least one of each.
My highest at this time are bowazon, enchantress, and skelliemancer.

>> > She can wield *any* weapon that is not class-specific, so get her a
>> > pole-arm that whacks major buttocks, gives a useful aura for the
>> > character she's a merc to, and watch her use it as a bow.
>>
>> You know, I'd totally forgotten that. Thank you for the reminder. I
>> have a barb; now to figure out what a useful aura would be. :-)

Conviction or fanaticism...

>> No, only SP. I know I have the realm option, just never went on. Is it
>> like BattleNet where you can't take a SP character onto a realm?

Correct, and you don't have a shared stash. 18 chars per account (1
account per person) and you can drop-mule between them. But other folks
are darned eager to help, and when they gamble at level 97 and toss out
the "unwanted" stuff on the grass, they could equip a dozen "kids" like
my characters...


--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper
!