The Hell race - again

Last response: in Video Games
April 27, 2005 4:42:22 PM

So NoisyGirl, my Dragon Talon Assassin, is finally old enough to equip
upgraded Gore Riders at level 72, has finished Nightmare, and I'm in the
mood for a solo project. But what kind of solo project? The 'not allowed
to change any equipment' thing seems not to be challenging enough to me.
So I dug out the old idea to try to finish Hell as fast as possible.

Rules:
- Complete every quest
- Kill every boss/champion found on the way
- One player game (Bnet)
- No maphack or other third party programs (of course)
- Try to do it as fast as possible
- Don't die (this is done in HC anyway)

What do you think? How long will it take? Is it possible to survive the
trip with less than 1k hit points (933 at lvl 72 to be exact)? What will
be her doom?

---
Hannes

PS: here is what NoisyGirl is wearing:

Guillaumes Face (UM)
Duress Wire Fleece
String of Ears
Gerkes Sanctuary (PD)
Upgraded Gore Riders
Crafted gloves (6% ll, 10% CB, +1 shadow skills)
Lawbringer Phase Blade
Ravenfrost
Rare ring with 20cr, 29fr, 11dex
Crafted ammy with +1 assa skills, 5% ml, 2% ll, 39 lr
2 +3 shadow skill claws on weapon switch
Charms for max resists, some life, no skillers or anni

Holy Freeze Merc:

Upgraded perfect Kelpie Snare
Tal's Mask
Ethereal Rare Wyrmhide (1143 def) with blue Rainbow Facet lol

More about : hell race

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 4:42:23 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:42:22 +0200, Hannes Brunner wrote:

> So NoisyGirl, my Dragon Talon Assassin, is finally old enough to equip
> upgraded Gore Riders at level 72, has finished Nightmare, and I'm in the
> mood for a solo project. But what kind of solo project? The 'not allowed
> to change any equipment' thing seems not to be challenging enough to me.
> So I dug out the old idea to try to finish Hell as fast as possible.
>
> Rules:
> - Complete every quest
> - Kill every boss/champion found on the way
> - One player game (Bnet)
> - No maphack or other third party programs (of course)
> - Try to do it as fast as possible
> - Don't die (this is done in HC anyway)
>
> What do you think? How long will it take? Is it possible to survive the
> trip with less than 1k hit points (933 at lvl 72 to be exact)? What will
> be her doom?

This is very similar to how I played my DT girl. Your gear
is also very similar but not quite as twinked (Lawbringer
vs. Gimmers, Duress vs. Fort, Gerke vs. SS, +1 ammy vs. maras).
Your gloves are better (I just kept IK on for the stats) and I actually
never got around to finding +3 shadow claws so I only had a pair of
+2 on switch. You have more CB but less other damage. My
merc with BA had an eth Hone Sundan so he was more offensive and
less defensive. I also started at lvl 72. I would have had
about the same vita except I got the extra bonus from the Fort
armor.

I don't expect you will have any problems if you keep active
with CoS and MB. It's a good build that can handle every
area solo.

> ---
> Hannes
>
> PS: here is what NoisyGirl is wearing:
>
> Guillaumes Face (UM)
> Duress Wire Fleece
> String of Ears
> Gerkes Sanctuary (PD)
> Upgraded Gore Riders
> Crafted gloves (6% ll, 10% CB, +1 shadow skills)
> Lawbringer Phase Blade
> Ravenfrost
> Rare ring with 20cr, 29fr, 11dex
> Crafted ammy with +1 assa skills, 5% ml, 2% ll, 39 lr
> 2 +3 shadow skill claws on weapon switch
> Charms for max resists, some life, no skillers or anni
>
> Holy Freeze Merc:
>
> Upgraded perfect Kelpie Snare
> Tal's Mask
> Ethereal Rare Wyrmhide (1143 def) with blue Rainbow Facet lol
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:29:53 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:42:22 +0200, Hannes Brunner wrote:

> So NoisyGirl, my Dragon Talon Assassin, is finally old enough to equip
> upgraded Gore Riders at level 72, has finished Nightmare, and I'm in the
> mood for a solo project. But what kind of solo project? The 'not allowed
> to change any equipment' thing seems not to be challenging enough to me.
> So I dug out the old idea to try to finish Hell as fast as possible.
>
> Rules:
> - Complete every quest
> - Kill every boss/champion found on the way - One player game (Bnet)
> - No maphack or other third party programs (of course) - Try to do it as
> fast as possible
> - Don't die (this is done in HC anyway)
>
> What do you think? How long will it take? Is it possible to survive the
> trip with less than 1k hit points (933 at lvl 72 to be exact)? What will
> be her doom?
>
> [snip]

Solo char?
Then how about no merc and no shadow ?
that should increade the difficulty by numbers.

--
Sonni
Related resources

Sonni Skammelsen schrieb:

<snip>

> Solo char?
> Then how about no merc and no shadow ?
> that should increade the difficulty by numbers.

Well yes. But my intention was to make it faster, not harder. Anyway,
it's too late, act 1 is completed already.

---
Hannes
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 6:52:10 PM

Hannes Brunner schrieb:
> What do you think? How long will it take? Is it possible to survive the
> trip with less than 1k hit points (933 at lvl 72 to be exact)? What will
> be her doom?

Nobody wants to give a guess :( . But I will tell my story anyway :-p.

I prepared myself for the first session. Turned on the answering machine
and such to make sure that I won't get interrupted. Moved to the
starting line and -

ready
set
go

00:00 Leaving the camp
00:06 Corpsefire is found and dead
00:10 Reached the burial grounds and made short work of Bloodraven
00:25 Traveled through the underground passage and had a short dispute
with Treehead Woodfist
00:30 Rakanishu and Griswold are history
00:41 The famous, incredible, unbelievable Hell Countess rune drop: 1,
in words: one EL rune
00:47 The Smith did not even had the time to start his line
00:59 Bone Ash spawned LE/FE/CE. I tried to stop attacking when I saw
the mods, but it was already too late. Hmm only 200 hitpoints removed?
I'm surprised.
00:59 Some critter in Catacombs 1 dropped the mandatory Venom Ward
01:01 A LUM rune out of a chest :)
01:09 Andariel could withstand NoisyGirl for exactly 7 seconds

70 minutes for act 1. Not too bad. Even though everything went quite
smoothly, it required my full concentration and I needed a break
afterwards. I scheduled the next session for the next day.

01:09 Took the back entrance to sewers
01:15 Radament had to bite the dust
01:17 Dry Hills and ...
01:19 ... Far Oasis were closely connected
01:24 Finding the Far Oasis waypoint took a bit longer. I was a bit more
careful here, because beetle boss packs can be nasty with bad mods.
01:29 Five minutes for Maggot's Lair. Again, I took extra care of beetle
boss packs. But for the Coldworm, I just rushed to him ASAP.
01:40 Fangskin can be quite hard for a melee char. Not for NoisyGirl.
Cloak of Shadows, Holy Freeze, Decrepify - enough said.
01:45 Entering Arcane Sanctuary.
01:50 The Summoner was found on the second branch. Just 5 minutes for 2
branches - obviously the PI Wraith are no problem at all. Decrepify
removes their immunity and Lawbringer has some elemental damage too.
01:59 How long for Duriel? 12 seconds. Due to his slowing aura.

So it's 50 minutes for act 2. I'm getting better at this :) .

---
Hannes
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 7:37:33 PM

Hannes Brunner wrote::

> Hannes Brunner schrieb:
>
>> What do you think? How long will it take? Is it possible to survive
>> the trip with less than 1k hit points (933 at lvl 72 to be exact)?
>> What will be her doom?
>
> Nobody wants to give a guess :(

Honestly, I think a lot of success depends on the player. You build her
this way, and you think it's the best way. Most likely it fits perfectly
to your playing style.

If you wouldn't go for a race, and try to be as fast as possible, I'd
not worry at all.

> But I will tell my story anyway :-p.

> ready
> set
> go
>
> 00:00 Leaving the camp

[...]

> 01:09 Andariel could withstand NoisyGirl for exactly 7 seconds
>
> 70 minutes for act 1. Not too bad.

[...]

> 01:09 Took the back entrance to sewers

[...]

> 01:59 How long for Duriel? 12 seconds. Due to his slowing aura.

I'm trying to imagine this. I've got two assassins, so I have a slight
idea how fast they can be, yet you beat everything that I ever could
think of.

*bows in deep respect*

> So it's 50 minutes for act 2. I'm getting better at this :) .

Well, since most areas are random, and monsters are also random, the
absolute times are hard to compare. I'm more impressed by your pace than
the time you needed to get to the destination.

You said you needed a break after the first session. This is the best
sign how intense that session was.

--
c.u. Hajo
Anonymous

Hi,

Hannes Brunner <bruhan12@web.de> wrote in news:3d98juF6rsfi2U1
@individual.net:

> Rules:
> - Complete every quest
> - Kill every boss/champion found on the way
> - One player game (Bnet)
> - No maphack or other third party programs (of course)
> - Try to do it as fast as possible
> - Don't die (this is done in HC anyway)
>
> What do you think? How long will it take? Is it possible to survive the
> trip with less than 1k hit points (933 at lvl 72 to be exact)? What
will

sounds interesting. My DT Assy is only 63 now, but I'll follow you on
this one. From your equipment, I take it she can be twinked?

My Assy currently owns NM Act4 at /players 4 with the following gear:

- Spirit Shroud with UM
- rare coronet with high res
- Insight thresher
- rare ammu with +2 martial res
- rare rings
- crafted blood gloves with +2 martial
- War travelers
- Lawbringer/Spirit shield on switch

She casts a level 26 Valk with pre-buff gear and has a might merc with
Obedience Thresher, Vamp Gaze and a crafted armor with 2 sockets.

So, I guess I should be ready to take a try on this at weekend.

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:12:21 PM

> 00:00 Leaving the camp
> 00:06 Corpsefire is found and dead
> 00:10 Reached the burial grounds and made short work of Bloodraven
> 00:25 Traveled through the underground passage and had a short dispute
> with Treehead Woodfist
> 00:30 Rakanishu and Griswold are history
> 00:41 The famous, incredible, unbelievable Hell Countess rune drop: 1,
> in words: one EL rune
> 00:47 The Smith did not even had the time to start his line
> 00:59 Bone Ash spawned LE/FE/CE. I tried to stop attacking when I saw
> the mods, but it was already too late. Hmm only 200 hitpoints removed?
> I'm surprised.
> 00:59 Some critter in Catacombs 1 dropped the mandatory Venom Ward
> 01:01 A LUM rune out of a chest :)
> 01:09 Andariel could withstand NoisyGirl for exactly 7 seconds

well, I'm by far not as fast as you.. Just reached the Inner Cloister after
about 90 minutes. Got an EL and 2 rares from the Countess..
Other uniques found were Wizendraw bow and Nokozan relic ammu.

> 01:50 The Summoner was found on the second branch. Just 5 minutes for
> 2 branches - obviously the PI Wraith are no problem at all. Decrepify
> removes their immunity and Lawbringer has some elemental damage too.
> 01:59 How long for Duriel? 12 seconds. Due to his slowing aura.

Decrep is a real blast! And 12.4 seconds at level 15 last long enough to
switch back to normal weapon and let it rip..

Back to work,

Oliver
!