Play installed game with different CD?

Is it possible to play on bnet with a different game disk other than the
one with which the game was originally installed?

Or do you have to uninstall/reinstall with the new disks?

One would think as long as I've played this game I'd know, but I don't.

TIA

--
chainbreaker

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is it possible to play on bnet with a different game disk other than the
> one with which the game was originally installed?
>
> Or do you have to uninstall/reinstall with the new disks?
>
> One would think as long as I've played this game I'd know, but I don't.

You can use whatever CD you like if it's a LOD CD :)

Rudi

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:07:17 -0400, chainbreaker wrote:

> Is it possible to play on bnet with a different game disk other than the
> one with which the game was originally installed?
>
> Or do you have to uninstall/reinstall with the new disks?
>
> One would think as long as I've played this game I'd know, but I don't.

You should be able to do that.
You have 2 playdisc and 4 computers with diablo 2 installed and i can
cross them as i like.

--
Sonni

Sonni Skammelsen wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:07:17 -0400, chainbreaker wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to play on bnet with a different game disk other
>> than the one with which the game was originally installed?
>>
>> Or do you have to uninstall/reinstall with the new disks?
>>
>> One would think as long as I've played this game I'd know, but I
>> don't.
>>

> You should be able to do that.
> You have 2 playdisc and 4 computers with diablo 2 installed and i can
> cross them as i like.

OK, thanks to you and Falko.

--
chainbreaker

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to play on bnet with a different game disk other than the
> one with which the game was originally installed?
>
> Or do you have to uninstall/reinstall with the new disks?
>
> One would think as long as I've played this game I'd know, but I don't.
>
> TIA

An alternative:

You can also rip an image of the LoD playdisk and use summit like Alchohol
120% to mount LOD as a virtual CD-Rom that you can play from and will always
be available.

Or use Onylers "No-CD Loader" for v1.10 Diablo2.

Either of those allow you to put music CDs, etc in you CD-Rom and play your
own music instead of the one supplied within Diablo2 :)