Installing over an existing D2/LoD Installation

I just got a new computer and without thinking, installed D2/LoD on it with
the same set of CD Keys as the machine I'm keeping. Sooo, will the Keys
from my other set of disks overwrite the existing keys upon reinstalling, or
do I need to play in the registry or something to make sure I end up with
the two different sets of Keys that I need to two-box if I want to?

--
chainbreaker

chainbreaker wrote:
> I just got a new computer and without thinking, installed D2/LoD on
> it with the same set of CD Keys as the machine I'm keeping. Sooo,
> will the Keys from my other set of disks overwrite the existing keys
> upon reinstalling, or do I need to play in the registry or something
> to make sure I end up with the two different sets of Keys that I need
> to two-box if I want to?

The keys are not stored in the registry, only in the MPQ files. So once you
uninstall the current version and reinstall with new keys everything should
work fine. But hey, this is your chance to try running two parallel
installations on your machine! (-:

http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#install

Gundemarie Scholz wrote:
> The keys are not stored in the registry, only in the MPQ files. So
> once you uninstall the current version and reinstall with new keys
> everything should work fine. But hey, this is your chance to try
> running two parallel installations on your machine! (-:
>
> http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#install

Heh, thanks Gunde, but I'm not sure I've mastered running installations on
*separate* machines yet!

But I've noted the page just in case, anyway. :)

--
chainbreaker