Diablo II registry entries

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Ok Here's whats happened,


Just moved house, set up the PC first (as you do) and 2 nights ago,
i blue screened (very nicely might i add) and could not re-boot the
machine.(After loading the latest patches from Microsoft i might add !)
So being the drop kick i obviously am, i re-installed XP, (didn't loose
any data thank good) and re-set up all the software needed,


Now i've been running DiabloII and LOD for quite a while and like all
ppl, run the no-CD patch. I clicked on the loader, and get the usual
cannot excute game crk error,

OK So load the CD's i hear you say. OK I've found my LOD CD, but
damned if i can find my original D2 CD's (burried in one of the myriad of
boxes i'd say)

So the question is can someone post the Reg entries for D2 for me (or
email 'em)

I have no problem re-buying the CD's (There not that expensive now days)
but where i live is a long way (183k to Canberra) from any major
outlet,so its really time that i'm more concerned with. Mind you the cost
of the petrol to go and get it would be as much as the CD's cost.

Any help would be appreciated....


Regards

GNCP
5 answers Last reply
More about diablo registry entries
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Thunnus Albacares wrote:
    [snip]
    > So being the drop kick i obviously am, i re-installed XP,
    > (didn't loose any data thank good) and re-set up all the software
    > needed,
    >
    >
    > Now i've been running DiabloII and LOD for quite a while and like all
    > ppl, run the no-CD patch. I clicked on the loader, and get the usual
    > cannot excute game crk error,

    Not "all people" are running no-CD cracks. Some, like me, have the CD
    contantly in the drive, others have used Daemon tools to mount an image of
    the CD.

    > OK So load the CD's i hear you say. OK I've found my LOD CD, but
    > damned if i can find my original D2 CD's (burried in one of the
    > myriad of boxes i'd say)
    >
    > So the question is can someone post the Reg entries for D2 for me (or
    > email 'em)

    There are no registry keys needed for D2, the CD keys are encrypted in the
    MPQ files. The loader afaik is only needed if you want to run several
    instances at once with only one installation.

    I don't understand the problem though, mind explaining?

    If you still have the game installed somewhere on your machine from before
    it crashed you can still use without reinstallation. To start it the LoD cd
    is enough.

    If you want to reinstall the game you need to get hold of the Classic CDs
    too, it isn't done with just some registry entries.

    > I have no problem re-buying the CD's (There not that expensive now
    > days) but where i live is a long way (183k to Canberra) from any major
    > outlet,so its really time that i'm more concerned with. Mind you the
    > cost of the petrol to go and get it would be as much as the CD's cost.

    Hmm, order them online then and get them sent to you? Or call a shop and ask
    them if you can order the game via fax, send them a cheque and make them
    mail the game to you?

    --
    AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in
    news:3dgl3fF6svamrU1@individual.net:

    > Thunnus Albacares wrote:
    > [snip]
    >> So being the drop kick i obviously am, i re-installed XP,
    >> (didn't loose any data thank good) and re-set up all the software
    >> needed,
    >>
    >>
    >> Now i've been running DiabloII and LOD for quite a while and like all
    >> ppl, run the no-CD patch. I clicked on the loader, and get the usual
    >> cannot excute game crk error,
    >
    > Not "all people" are running no-CD cracks. Some, like me, have the CD
    > contantly in the drive, others have used Daemon tools to mount an
    > image of the CD.
    >
    >> OK So load the CD's i hear you say. OK I've found my LOD CD, but
    >> damned if i can find my original D2 CD's (burried in one of the
    >> myriad of boxes i'd say)
    >>
    >> So the question is can someone post the Reg entries for D2 for me (or
    >> email 'em)
    >
    > There are no registry keys needed for D2, the CD keys are encrypted in
    > the MPQ files. The loader afaik is only needed if you want to run
    > several instances at once with only one installation.
    >
    > I don't understand the problem though, mind explaining?
    >
    > If you still have the game installed somewhere on your machine from
    > before it crashed you can still use without reinstallation. To start
    > it the LoD cd is enough.
    >
    > If you want to reinstall the game you need to get hold of the Classic
    > CDs too, it isn't done with just some registry entries.
    >
    >> I have no problem re-buying the CD's (There not that expensive now
    >> days) but where i live is a long way (183k to Canberra) from any
    >> major outlet,so its really time that i'm more concerned with. Mind
    >> you the cost of the petrol to go and get it would be as much as the
    >> CD's cost.
    >
    > Hmm, order them online then and get them sent to you? Or call a shop
    > and ask them if you can order the game via fax, send them a cheque and
    > make them mail the game to you?
    >

    Give you that one, yeap it fires up with the LOD CD in, only i can't
    connect to battlnet, i'm not seeing any servers ?

    At least i can play locally, I'll re-order the CD's and have them mailed
    up. I hope by bnet characters hang in there.

    Thanks

    Greg
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Thunnus Albacares wrote:
    > Give you that one, yeap it fires up with the LOD CD in, only i can't
    > connect to battlnet, i'm not seeing any servers ?

    I haven't heard about not seeing any servers at all, but there are afaik
    issues if you had installed mods or the like. Usually the solution is to
    download this gateway registry patch and see if it works:
    http://www.spinoperator.net/download.php?datei=registry

    The file should be safe, but it is never wrong to be paranoid about
    downloaded programmes.

    --
    AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in news:3dgtc6F6t97hvU1
    @individual.net:

    > Thunnus Albacares wrote:
    >> Give you that one, yeap it fires up with the LOD CD in, only i can't
    >> connect to battlnet, i'm not seeing any servers ?
    >
    > I haven't heard about not seeing any servers at all, but there are
    afaik
    > issues if you had installed mods or the like. Usually the solution is
    to
    > download this gateway registry patch and see if it works:
    > http://www.spinoperator.net/download.php?datei=registry
    >
    > The file should be safe, but it is never wrong to be paranoid about
    > downloaded programmes.


    > Bugger me, it fixed all the problems, I can even use the NO CD patch
    again, and am back on Battle net, Thanks heaps.
  5. ccccccccccc :bounce: :bounce:
Ask a new question

Read More

CD-Rom Video Games