Finally, my first Ravenfrost!

Hi,

my Assasin was working her way through Hell Act2 when she found that even
with max resists, good AR and a nice weapon (Insight/Obedience) she was
just to fragile at level 76..

Got killed several times in the Halls of the Dead and that Serpent's Lair
when FE's exploded or she got too swarmed in the heat of the battle. And
without Cannot be frozen it just didn't work out.

So I decided to level her up to 77 at least with Nightmare Baal runs. That
was just the right monster level for plowing through WSK2+3 and, more
carefully, the Throne and Baal's minions. Although Baal's friend weren't as
dangerous as those hell witches and OK's..

I wanted to get her to 77 so she could use Kira's Guardian, giving high res
all, CBF and 15%IAS (socketed with a jewel).

Baal had his friendly day and after 3 runs only he dropped me a unique
ring. As you already guessed, it was my first Ravenfrost after 2 years of
playing.. Yaay!!

Looking through my weapon options I found that I could build a DEATH axe,
as I had found a VEX quite some time ago and hadn't used it yet. The
Indestructible mod called out for an ethereal weapon. I had an ethereal
Silver-Edged Axe and a socket quest, so DEATH was done:

Damage: 448 - 795
+50 AR
7% Mana Leech
Req. -20%
20% Bonus to AR
50% CB
38% Deadly Strike (based on clvl)

Just about everything a melee char needs. And with level 15 BoS and a mere
50%IAS, I'll get to 3.1 attacks per second.

HanD,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> Baal had his friendly day and after 3 runs only he dropped me a unique
> ring. As you already guessed, it was my first Ravenfrost after 2
> years of playing.. Yaay!!

Congrats! That may very well be the most useful unique ring in the game,
IMO.

And it's great to still hear such enthusiasm. :)

--
chainbreaker

Hi,

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in

> Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>> Baal had his friendly day and after 3 runs only he dropped me a
>> unique ring. As you already guessed, it was my first Ravenfrost after
>> 2 years of playing.. Yaay!!
>>
> Congrats! That may very well be the most useful unique ring in the
> game, IMO.

well, that's one of the things I like about Diablo. After so much time you
still can find stuff that make you rethink several char setups you have.

Regards,

Oliver

cygnus

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in
>
> > Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> >> Baal had his friendly day and after 3 runs only he dropped me a
> >> unique ring. As you already guessed, it was my first Ravenfrost after
> >> 2 years of playing.. Yaay!!
> >>
> > Congrats! That may very well be the most useful unique ring in the
> > game, IMO.
> >
> well, that's one of the things I like about Diablo. After so much time you
> still can find stuff that make you rethink several char setups you have.
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver

It's weird how the game can treat you like that; the last "career" I had in
Diablo I had a terrible time finding anything good. This time around
uniques are raining like cats and dogs: Lidless from a random unique monster
next to Shenk, Bartucs out the wazoo, a Raven Frost off of norm Baal....I'm
not complaining, though =)

On an unrelated note, did anyone see the post on diabloii.net about the
Diablo 3 soundtrack having already been recorded? Check it out, sounds like
a good thing to me.

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Cygnus" <cygnus83@comcast.net> wrote in
>
> > "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> >> well, that's one of the things I like about Diablo. After so much
> >> time you still can find stuff that make you rethink several char
> >> setups you have.
> >>
> > It's weird how the game can treat you like that; the last "career"
> > had in Diablo I had a terrible time finding anything good. This
time
> > around uniques are raining like cats and dogs: Lidless from a
random
> > unique monster next to Shenk, Bartucs out the wazoo, a Raven Frost
off
> > of norm Baal....I'm not complaining, though =)
> >
> yup, my Amazon has been finding nice runes left and right, even in
> Nightmare. My Assy doesn't have that kind of luck.
> OTOH, I did a bunch of NM Baal runs with her this afternoon and he
> dropped some nice stuff:
>
> - Ravenfrot
> - Lycander's Aim
> - Lavagout
>
> And my Assy went from level 76 to 78..
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver

Congrats,

I've got 2 and they are great to have around, just beat up on Izual (in
Hell Hell) and Ravenfrost made it nice and easy.

JimMac

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>> Baal had his friendly day and after 3 runs only he dropped me a unique
>> ring. As you already guessed, it was my first Ravenfrost after 2
>> years of playing.. Yaay!!
>>

> Congrats! That may very well be the most useful unique ring in the game,
> IMO.
>
> And it's great to still hear such enthusiasm. :)

Reminds me of the first ladder season when I found my first (and only) SoJ.
I almost did summersaults around the room. :D

Probably one of the few legit ones in existance. :)

cheers,
Stu.

3phAse schrieb:
> "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>
>>Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>>
>>>Baal had his friendly day and after 3 runs only he dropped me a unique
>>>ring. As you already guessed, it was my first Ravenfrost after 2
>>>years of playing.. Yaay!!
>>
>>Congrats! That may very well be the most useful unique ring in the game,
>>IMO.
>>
>>And it's great to still hear such enthusiasm. :)
>
> Reminds me of the first ladder season when I found my first (and only) SoJ.
> I almost did summersaults around the room. :D
>
> Probably one of the few legit ones in existance. :)

My personal SoJ score: one in 1.09 and two (yes, I played a lot) in the
first 1.10 ladder season. All of the im HC. I think I only used them on
my Enchantress while sitting in town :). Or on a non playing BO baba.

---
Hannes