Sign in with
Your question

Gainward GeForce4 Ti4600 locks/reboots my system!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gainward
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 12, 2002 9:48:03 PM

Mainboard is a FIC VC-11, OS is Windows XP Pro, P4 1.7 GHz, 1500 MB RAM, Gainward GeForce4 Ti4600 "Golden Sample"

All "normal" applications run just fine, but when I try to run a benchmarking program or Quake III (or any other 3D program), the game runs fine for 1-3 minutes, then locks up. Then the system sometimes reboots itself about 30-60 seconds later.

I tried using the latest drivers from Gainward's web site...same problem. I tried using the latest drivers from nVidia's website...same problem. I'm reluctant to flash my BIOS, since FIC's website mentions nothing about graphics fixes in any of their BIOS releases. I've updated/patched all my games, to no effect.

Has anyone else had this problem, and can anyone offer any solutions? I spent $250 on this card, and I'd really like to be able to take advantage of it! Thanks for any help you good folks can offer.

Jeff P.

More about : gainward geforce4 ti4600 locks reboots system

a b U Graphics card
September 13, 2002 12:07:22 AM

Typically caused by a power problem, try a different power supply.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
September 13, 2002 2:11:06 PM

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot. I have a 300W power supply. I'd think that would be enough juice, but I'll try a 400W.
a b U Graphics card
September 13, 2002 4:31:29 PM

300W means little these days with all the low quality units that are on the market.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
!