Finally an Um Rune

I was running around nightmare questing as i was and was moving through Act
IV with quite a bit of ease to my surprise. I finally found my way down to
the River of Flame allowing me to move through there quickly to the
Hellforge. Killing off Hephasto with the easy assistance of a Level 20
Valkyrie and a Holy Freeze Merc (can't remember his level at the time). I am
there, infront of the Hellforge. I walk upto it, take aim and click. Pgems
and a Flawless Skull start falling ( i am thinking what rune what rune) and
then it happened. UM hit the deck. I couldn't believe my luck. UM. I was
absolutely stuck for words. My friend told me that this is the Highest Rune
able to drop from the Hellforge in NM. COOL!

Now i gotta think of what to make with it. There's a few items i'd like to
make. It's so hard to decide when you finally get something that you've been
after for a while.

Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

How odd.. I was on my way to Big D in Nightmare (SP) and some OK
(possibly Lord De Seis) dropped an Um. Hephasto had given me a Lem just
before. I quickly Atma'd them away, of course.

Wh*re-Tense (my clvl 67 trapsin) is a very happy camper. BTW, I don't
usually assign points right after leveling, preferring to dump them all
at once where they are best used. I found out that I had 178 unspent
stat points, and living off 407 life and 203 mana. In act4 NM, that's
not bad. I dropped about 155 points in vit, the rest in energy. 130
strength shoud be enough for a while.

Thanx for listening.

Dr Fleau

On Tue, 03 May 2005 23:22:01 GMT, "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au>
wrote:

>Now i gotta think of what to make with it. There's a few items i'd like to
>make. It's so hard to decide when you finally get something that you've been
>after for a while.
>
>Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

You sure you couldn't just trade it for something more useful for you
character? ...or are you playing SP?

So far for my latest character...

Normal Hellforge = Ort rune
Nightmare Hellforge = Sol rune

Maybe Hell will net me an IST... I can hope!

- Samiel

I play USWest SC ... I've decided to make Duress. I have the runes for it
and now am looking around for the Armor to put it in.

On Thu, 05 May 2005 02:02:22 GMT, "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au>
wrote:

>I play USWest SC ... I've decided to make Duress. I have the runes for it
>and now am looking around for the Armor to put it in.
>
>Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

I had a Frost Zealot who put a Duress to good use. If you've never
played one, they're actually pretty fun to play.

- Samiel

On Fri, 6 May 2005 11:27:00 +1200, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>
wrote:

>Good suggestion. I have a frost zealot who is wearing Duress in an Archon
>Plate. He likes it.
>
>A note here: While it may be tempting to use a 'superior' item to make a
>runeword be very sure you're rich if you do. A collaborative character
>(frenzy barb) I was/am involved with had Chains of Honour in a superior Wire
>Fleece for the extra 10% or so defence. However it was costing around 35,000
>gold per *one* durability point to repair. He couldn't get gold fast enough
>to keep it repaired. Now his merc wears it. An expensive lesson.

Ouch! :p

Also... a Blade Fury Assassin would also get good use out of a Duress
armor if you want to make one...

- Samiel