And another newbie question

I've not seen in mentioned in the manual so chances are it's not possible

But is there any way in which you can remove a gem once you have placed it
in some armour etc?

I figure i might as well ask cos otherwise i won't learn nuttin.

Thanks for being patient

Gin

In article <d5ao8i$i05$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>,
Gincairn <i.white4@btinternet.com> wrote:
>I've not seen in mentioned in the manual so chances are it's not possible

It has not been available from the first version of Diablo 2, so you won't
find it in the printed manual. But since patch 1.10 (and not before, but I
could be wrong?) a method is available.

>But is there any way in which you can remove a gem once you have placed it
>in some armour etc?
>
>I figure i might as well ask cos otherwise i won't learn nuttin.

There's a cube recipe which does just that:

1 Hel Rune + Scroll of Town Portal + Any Socketed Item = Unsocket that
item

Warning: This will destroy any gems, runes, or jewels you have socketed.
This is useful if you are not happy with the gems you have socketed and
you want to socket the item in another way.

This is from the Arreat Summit, see:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

And browse around a bit, more questions like the one you've asked above
are anwered there.

>Thanks for being patient
>
>Gin

No problem.

Regards,

Patrick.

I believe that it's been available since the 1.09.

But the recipe you quoted is ofcourse correct. Also just remember that when
you do the removal of the Gem/Rune/Jewel you lose it. It doesn't end back up
in your inventory.

Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
message news:25903$4278e611$82a1d3bf$4951@news2.tudelft.nl...