Even epic says ATI>nVIDIA

nexus_alpha

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2001
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The biggest performance gain in Unreal Tournament 2003 comes from having a state of the art graphics chip.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be the ATI 9700 Pro...

quote:
The NVIDIA 40.41 drivers are known to have visual flaws and performance problems (hitching) with the Unreal Tournament 2003 Demo which are not present in the 30.82 drivers. The issue has been addressed by NVIDIA and future drivers released by NVIDIA will contain the appropriate fixes.

and

quote:
With GF4 MX/Go cards you might experience graphic corruption in 32 bit mode. The problem has been addressed by NVIDIA and upcoming drivers will contain the fix. A workaround for now is to play the game in 16 bit mode.

Note that the latest, greatest Nvidia drivers are BROKEN.

quote:
We recommend using the 7.76 drivers (Catalyst 2.3) drivers as they incorporate fixes for running the Unreal Tournament 2003 Demo.

Note that the latest ATI drivers work.

Now, the only "bad" thing they said about ATI:

quote:
Radeon 7x00 cards exhibit a couple of visual flaws like the hanging banners in BR-Anubis which will be addressed by us for the full version of the game.

Note that the problem will be fixed by Epic, signifying that it is an Epic bug, not an ATI one.

The Nvidiot logo at the start is only money and fat guys in suits talking, these words from the readme file come from the heart.

Got this from somebody else's post -------- so sue me.

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
the war between nVidia and ATI is a never ending struggle, much like the struggle between Intel and AMD. one will be ahead of the other for a short time and then the other will fight back. that is the way of things, the way of the manufacturers.

Imphy

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
I've always been a NVidia fan, and I've never liked any ATI cards in the past. I was blown away of the Radeon 9700Pro specs tho, so I bought the ATI card the other day, just put the PC together today =) I was going to wait for the next NVidia card, but I couldn't be bothered waiting =) Must say that the picture quality of this board is amazing!

eden

Champion
I had a feeling there were performance problems in UT2003 with the 40.41. It makes NO SENSE whatsoever that I am getting frame rates in the low 30s with my AXP1600+ with 512MB DDR AND a Ti200.

BTW they did not say ATI is superior, yes they meant having a 9700 in THIS context and timeline, but they did not say anywhere explicitly that ATI is superior, that would be calling for trouble.

The Nvidiot logo at the start is only money and fat guys in suits talking
Even ATI users get that? Holy crap I thought this was only for Nvidia card users, man that must be indeed irritating for ATI users! Not to mention that logo does not represent my current performance at all!

so sue me
Don't worry, anytime now my lawyers will be knocking at your door! :lol:

--
Where did your THGC username come from and why did you choose it? <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=19957#19957" target="_new">Tell here!</A>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Even ATI users get that? Holy crap I thought this was only for Nvidia card users, man that must be indeed irritating for ATI users! Not to mention that logo does not represent my current performance at all!
Haha! Yup, it's on ATI cards too! Lol, you'll never guess where I got UT2K3demo from! Who else but.....nVidia! :tongue:

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
EPIC Also said this

Chicken > Egg

quote:
Yes, We have found out the chicken came before the egg.

<A HREF="http://neojenova.gaming-forums.com/" target="_new">http://neojenova.gaming-forums.com/</A>
216.27.16.67:27017

eden

Champion
Hey AMD_man what was the card you had before you got your R8500?

Sorry for bumping off-topic stuff by me, I am lazy at 11PM, time to sleep!

--
Where did your THGC username come from and why did you choose it? <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=19957#19957" target="_new">Tell here!</A>