Hi.

I'm about to start using my first Merc.
From what i've read from different sources, the Merc in Act2 is the way to
go.
My question is which one do i purchase, the Offensive, Defensive or Combat
Merc?
What is the difference?

TIA.

alex

kiwi wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm about to start using my first Merc.
> From what i've read from different sources, the Merc in Act2 is the way to
> go.
> My question is which one do i purchase, the Offensive, Defensive or Combat
> Merc?
> What is the difference?
>
> TIA.

so much depends on what your char is and what spells you got. but just
to let you know, i'm a nerco, use skel mast, raise skel, corpse exp, amp
damg. so most of my damage being done is physical. thus, i use the
Nightmare leve Act II offensive, which gives the might aura, which
affects all my skeletons. you only get might from Nightmare though, not
Normal level. until i got to Act II Nightmare i used defensive Act II
merc, which was fine enough. Normal and Nightmare are easy with this
build. In fact, so is Hell. this necro build is often used for magic
find, because you can killa lot of stuff fast. it's not the only
possibility for MF though, it's just the only one i like.

hope this helps.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/hirelings.shtml

There's a link that should help out with the Merc info....Tells you what
they do..

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"kiwi" <newlynn5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I'm about to start using my first Merc.
> From what i've read from different sources, the Merc in Act2 is the way to
> go.
> My question is which one do i purchase, the Offensive, Defensive or Combat
> Merc?
> What is the difference?
>
> TIA.

"kiwi" <newlynn5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I'm about to start using my first Merc.
> From what i've read from different sources, the Merc in Act2 is the way to
> go.
> My question is which one do i purchase, the Offensive, Defensive or Combat
> Merc?
> What is the difference?
>
> TIA.

Are you sure? the might and thorns look much the same if it thorns it will
only be on the merc if its might it will be on you as well

eb

"kiwi" <newlynn5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I'm about to start using my first Merc.
> From what i've read from different sources, the Merc in Act2 is the way to
> go.
> My question is which one do i purchase, the Offensive, Defensive or Combat
> Merc?
> What is the difference?
>
> TIA.

Depend what character you are using. More details!!

EB

"Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/hirelings.shtml
>
> There's a link that should help out with the Merc info....Tells you what
> they do..
>

> --
> Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.
>

> "kiwi" <newlynn5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm about to start using my first Merc.
> > From what i've read from different sources, the Merc in Act2 is the way
> > go.
> > My question is which one do i purchase, the Offensive, Defensive or
Combat
> > Merc?
> > What is the difference?
> >
> > TIA.

I checked out the Merc info provided by that link,
and it shows an Offensive Merc from Nightmare Act2 as having Jab/Might.
After purchasing one, i proceeded to do battle and the Thorns aura was
showing, not the Might.
What's up with this?

TIA.

"custard" <custards1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "kiwi" <newlynn5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm about to start using my first Merc.
> > From what i've read from different sources, the Merc in Act2 is the way
> > go.
> > My question is which one do i purchase, the Offensive, Defensive or
Combat
> > Merc?
> > What is the difference?
> >
> > TIA.
> >

> Are you sure? the might and thorns look much the same if it thorns it will
> only be on the merc if its might it will be on you as well

Yes it is on me and my minions as well. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

> "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/hirelings.shtml
> >
> > There's a link that should help out with the Merc info....Tells you what
> > they do..
> >

> > --
> > Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.
> >

> > "kiwi" <newlynn5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I'm about to start using my first Merc.
> > > From what i've read from different sources, the Merc in Act2 is the
way
> > > go.
> > > My question is which one do i purchase, the Offensive, Defensive or
> Combat
> > > Merc?
> > > What is the difference?
> > >
> > > TIA.
> > >

> I checked out the Merc info provided by that link,
> and it shows an Offensive Merc from Nightmare Act2 as having Jab/Might.
> After purchasing one, i proceeded to do battle and the Thorns aura was
> showing, not the Might.
> What's up with this?
>
> TIA.

"Thorns" aura cicles around you... Might looks the same but shows on all
sides constantly instead of spinning around you.

Sure yours was thorns?