Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gold find barb

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 3:22:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I'm planning to make one of those, so i would hear if anyone has some kind
of experience with them.

I plan something like this.

Skills
20 doubleswing
1 doublethrow
1 frenzy
20 axe mastery
1 increase speed
1 increase stamina
1 stoneskin
20 natural resist
1 howl
1 taunt
1 battle cry
1 war cry
1 battle command
1 find potions
1find items
20 battle ordres
rest in shout

Gear
arreats face socekted with UM ot res all jewel
2 5 socketed rune masters filled with LEM
wealth armor
chance guards
goldwrap
2 dwarf stars
rare/crafted amu with res, skills and goldfind
infernostrides
a couple of masteries skillers with goldfind
else load up with goldfind charms

That should take my to around 1600% extra gold
And use either a holy freeze or might merc with wealth, crown of thieves
and 6 socketed polearm filled with LEM

That should give an extra 1000% extra gold.

Is that the way to go or is there anything i should consider ?

--
Sonni

More about : gold find barb

May 6, 2005 9:21:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Why would you want to make a GF character? Just to use it to gamble?

I have gambled something on the order of 20 million gold, and have found:

1 Maras (low end, but still!!)
1 Nokozan
1 carrion ring
1 cathans ring

In HC, there's really nothing else you can do with gold except gamble, but
the chances of getting anything worthwhile is vanishingly small.


"Sonni Skammelsen" <news@sonni.org> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.05.06.09.22.20.452788@sonni.org...
> I'm planning to make one of those, so i would hear if anyone has some kind
> of experience with them.
>
> I plan something like this.
>
> Skills
> 20 doubleswing
> 1 doublethrow
> 1 frenzy
> 20 axe mastery
> 1 increase speed
> 1 increase stamina
> 1 stoneskin
> 20 natural resist
> 1 howl
> 1 taunt
> 1 battle cry
> 1 war cry
> 1 battle command
> 1 find potions
> 1find items
> 20 battle ordres
> rest in shout
>
> Gear
> arreats face socekted with UM ot res all jewel
> 2 5 socketed rune masters filled with LEM
> wealth armor
> chance guards
> goldwrap
> 2 dwarf stars
> rare/crafted amu with res, skills and goldfind
> infernostrides
> a couple of masteries skillers with goldfind
> else load up with goldfind charms
>
> That should take my to around 1600% extra gold
> And use either a holy freeze or might merc with wealth, crown of thieves
> and 6 socketed polearm filled with LEM
>
> That should give an extra 1000% extra gold.
>
> Is that the way to go or is there anything i should consider ?
>
> --
> Sonni
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 2:39:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

doodles wrote:
> Why would you want to make a GF character? Just to use it to gamble?
>

Exactly, just for gamling.

> I have gambled something on the order of 20 million gold, and have found:
>
> 1 Maras (low end, but still!!)
> 1 Nokozan
> 1 carrion ring
> 1 cathans ring
>

I still haven't gambled a unique, but i gambled a couple of nice
circlets, and many magic amu's and rings.
Those rings and amu's can be used for crafting.
For for crafting have given me some good stuff like +2 skills up to 20
res all on amu's, on rings i have dual leech, res all, life, mana, you
name it and i got it :) 

> In HC, there's really nothing else you can do with gold except gamble, but
> the chances of getting anything worthwhile is vanishingly small.
>

That and then pay for your merc when he turn out a chicken and lay flat
on his back to avoid attacks :) 

--
Sonni
-=-=-
Oxymoron: Secure Unix
Related resources
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 8:52:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Sonni Skammelsen schrieb:
> I'm planning to make one of those, so i would hear if anyone has some kind
> of experience with them.
>
> I plan something like this.
>
> Skills
> 20 doubleswing
> 1 doublethrow
> 1 frenzy
> 20 axe mastery
> 1 increase speed
> 1 increase stamina
> 1 stoneskin
> 20 natural resist
> 1 howl
> 1 taunt
> 1 battle cry
> 1 war cry
> 1 battle command
> 1 find potions
> 1find items
> 20 battle ordres
> rest in shout

Doubleswing only gives AR. Why not use Frenzy instead? Or just a single
point in Doubleswing and 20 in Bash for the synergy.

> Gear
> arreats face socekted with UM ot res all jewel

No Crown of Thieves? Ah ok, you need resists and skills somewhere.

> 2 5 socketed rune masters filled with LEM

What - 750% from the weapons alone, cool :) .

> wealth armor
> chance guards
> goldwrap
> 2 dwarf stars
> rare/crafted amu with res, skills and goldfind
> infernostrides
> a couple of masteries skillers with goldfind
> else load up with goldfind charms
>
> That should take my to around 1600% extra gold
> And use either a holy freeze or might merc with wealth, crown of thieves
> and 6 socketed polearm filled with LEM
>
> That should give an extra 1000% extra gold.
>
> Is that the way to go or is there anything i should consider ?

Their was a discussion about GF barbs a while ago:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&lr=&selm=c01c969b...

---
Hannes
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 12:24:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hannes Brunner wrote:
> Sonni Skammelsen schrieb:
>
>> I'm planning to make one of those, so i would hear if anyone has some
>> kind
>> of experience with them.
>>
>> I plan something like this.
>>
>> Skills
>> 20 doubleswing
>> 1 doublethrow
>> 1 frenzy
>> 20 axe mastery
>> 1 increase speed
>> 1 increase stamina
>> 1 stoneskin
>> 20 natural resist
>> 1 howl
>> 1 taunt
>> 1 battle cry
>> 1 war cry
>> 1 battle command
>> 1 find potions
>> 1find items
>> 20 battle ordres
>> rest in shout
>
>
> Doubleswing only gives AR. Why not use Frenzy instead? Or just a single
> point in Doubleswing and 20 in Bash for the synergy.
>

I think it has something to do with every point in frenzy only goves 5%
extra damage while a point in double swing gives 8% extra damage.
My attack skill will be frenzy.

>> Gear
>> arreats face socekted with UM ot res all jewel
>
>
> No Crown of Thieves? Ah ok, you need resists and skills somewhere.
>

Yep :) 

>> 2 5 socketed rune masters filled with LEM
>
>
> What - 750% from the weapons alone, cool :) .
>
>> wealth armor
>> chance guards
>> goldwrap
>> 2 dwarf stars
>> rare/crafted amu with res, skills and goldfind
>> infernostrides
>> a couple of masteries skillers with goldfind
>> else load up with goldfind charms
>>
>> That should take my to around 1600% extra gold
>> And use either a holy freeze or might merc with wealth, crown of thieves
>> and 6 socketed polearm filled with LEM
>>
>> That should give an extra 1000% extra gold.
>>
>> Is that the way to go or is there anything i should consider ?
>
>
> Their was a discussion about GF barbs a while ago:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&lr=&selm=c01c969b...
>

Gotta try looking at that one.

--
Sonni
-=-=-
UNIX...it's not a career...it's a lifetime of drudgery.
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 4:18:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Sonni Skammelsen wrote:
> I'm planning to make one of those, so i would hear if anyone has some
kind
> of experience with them.
>
<snip>

Try this link for some nice goldfinding info...

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showt...

Try a search on the fora at Dii or the amazon basin and look for posts
by Tempus. I consider him to be the GF guru.

Mince got PKed in a Hell Baal Run but he was a Singer, and usually ran
Trav.

20 BO
20 WC
20 Battlecry
2 Nat Resists
5 FItem

Wore... Chancies, IK Helm, 2 x Alis, Wealth, Gheeds, 2 x Dwarf,
Infernostrides, Goldwrap, +3 WC ammy.

Switch was 2 x Wiz. WC, BC and then leap away and try to let merc
finish them off. He was wearing Wealth/Goldskin, CoT, Hone Sundan.

Not superb but enough for me. I didn't like getting too close to the
Council due to the FE/CE.
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 2:57:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Mon, 09 May 2005 00:18:45 -0700, chaliban wrote:

>
> Sonni Skammelsen wrote:
>> I'm planning to make one of those, so i would hear if anyone has some
> kind
>> of experience with them.
>>
> <snip>
>
> Try this link for some nice goldfinding info...
>
> http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showt...
>

His build reminds pretty much of mine.
I just have a hard time to see how i keeps his res at max with those
items. and it's pre 1.10 build, so i don't think it good 1.10.

> Try a search on the fora at Dii or the amazon basin and look for posts by
> Tempus. I consider him to be the GF guru.
>
> Mince got PKed in a Hell Baal Run but he was a Singer, and usually ran
> Trav.
>
> 20 BO
> 20 WC
> 20 Battlecry
> 2 Nat Resists
> 5 FItem
>
> Wore... Chancies, IK Helm, 2 x Alis, Wealth, Gheeds, 2 x Dwarf,
> Infernostrides, Goldwrap, +3 WC ammy.
>
> Switch was 2 x Wiz. WC, BC and then leap away and try to let merc finish
> them off. He was wearing Wealth/Goldskin, CoT, Hone Sundan.
>
> Not superb but enough for me. I didn't like getting too close to the
> Council due to the FE/CE.

It's not the first time i hear about singers as goldfind barbs.
Are they playable in hc hell doing travi and council members at doh level
3?

--
Sonni
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 9:55:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Sonni Skammelsen wrote:
> On Mon, 09 May 2005 00:18:45 -0700, chaliban wrote:
>
> >
> > Sonni Skammelsen wrote:
> >> I'm planning to make one of those, so i would hear if anyone has
some
> > kind
> >> of experience with them.
<snip>
> His build reminds pretty much of mine.
> I just have a hard time to see how i keeps his res at max with those
> items. and it's pre 1.10 build, so i don't think it good 1.10.
>
> > Try a search on the fora at Dii or the amazon basin and look for
posts by
> > Tempus. I consider him to be the GF guru.

yeah, but he has made some GF barbs in 1.10 too :)  If you can tear him
away from Classic, his GF drops are just silly. One thing he advocates
is putting 20 points into FI. Nobody agrees due to the diminishing
returns but I guess he has the last laugh. If I were you, I would take
some points away from Nat Resists and put a couple into FI. I think lvl
9 is where it gets to the point where each point increases 1%.

<snip>
> It's not the first time i hear about singers as goldfind barbs.
> Are they playable in hc hell doing travi and council members at doh
level
> 3?

They aren't too bad. I am a very safe player and have never been one to
do things quickly. My barb usually got the last hit. I soften them up
and stun them while a Might Merc kills them off. Best part about
GETTING to Dur 3 is that you can just Howl everything away. If you
can't howl it, you stun it and then run away. Exceptionally useful when
Dolls are around.

Obviously, damage wise, they are a little slow, but with the enemy
stunned and doing 50% damage to you if they ever hit you, you are
usually ok. Also you have low str requirements which means a lot of
life. Most of the problems are Fire Related and with 30MDR, 30% absorb,
you are usually ok. If you wear Strides, then that's even better. As
you can see, I try to build safety first.

I actually started "pimping" myself out to people who wanted to do MF
Pit Runs or walk to Baal. You give them a BO, and you share any loot. I
used 2 Alis so the MF was decent too, 400 conservatively. Just don't go
hanging around with any DS trappers, CE Necs or Cold Sorcs. And never
let a Pally redeem. And Druids... what are those stinking vines for? Am
now rambling...

chaliban
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 5:55:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Tue, 10 May 2005 17:25:51 -0700, chaliban wrote:

> [snip]
>
> It really depends where you run. Councils in Act 3 (trav and DoH 3) is the
> main place most people will go for gold drops. And the main danger is Fire
> (meteors and hydras). With a couple of Dwarf Stars, you negate most of the
> fire damage. (I guess my Singer with dual Wizardspikes looks pretty good
> though huh?) And if you are wearing infernostrides, that will help too.
>
> Lightning Damage isn't too bad as they come in big groups of smaller
> doses. MDR helps here (why I prefer SoE to Goldwrap). So you just need to
> be careful with the Cold. CE: let the merc handle it. Blizzards from
> whatever those things are: errrr avoid them?
>

Yeah, that was my plan, running travincal and doh level 3 and some of the
wide open areas in act 1, all in hell ofcourse.
I will have most of the damage covered since council members mainly do
firedamage. But in travincal there is some nasty dudes that uses ligthning
and blizzard and i want to be able to take a hit or 2 of those without
dying.
Also the first council member you meet in doh 3 is lightning enchanted and
if he on top of that spawn exdtra strong you will be in trouble if you
don't have some lightning resists, and when you are down there you can
just as well take meph himself and he uses lightning and cold too.
But since i will be using runemasters i will have cbf mod which should do
good against all the cold damage.

> How about losing 100% of your gf to improve safety? Instead of Strides and
> Goldwrap, try SoE and Nat Boots (or some rare C/L res boots, pref with
> some gf). With the dwarf stars you are OK for fire, and the extra cold and
> light resists will help. Just my 2 cents.
>

I will always keep my eyes open for good boots and belts with res and
goldfind, so maybe i can get lucky and find some replacement.

> [snip]
> Singers can stun uniques. It's a 10% chance I think. Or at least that's
> what I remember reading. I might have to take my singer out for a spin and
> check. And the NM FE bug is why you need to Leap away :) 
>

OK, i just don't remember ever been able to do that :) 

> [snip]
> yeah, Alis are good since they are so cheap. If you trade, you could pick
> one up for about 5 pgems.
>

Maybe i should see if i can buy some then :) 

> Oh, btw, your merc... HF is probably the wrong way to go, although more
> defensive... Bodies may shatter. I have never tried but I imagine a 6 Lem
> polearm isn't too powerful. You might want to give him a Passion weapon
> instead. obviously you lose 5 x 75% GF though. Hone Sundan with Shael Lem
> Lem maybe?
>

I was thinking about going for a might merc, since he will not be using a
high killing powered weapon i think that will raise his damage to
something that might can kill a monster or 2 :) 

> Another oh... if you hadn't figured... please keep us (or just me :) 
> updated.
>

Well, my plan was building him during last weekend, but someone had other
plans, so in stead my melee enchantress is now ready for hell ancients,
have a bowazon for full mav using fire arrows doing normal ball runs, and
then i had to make an other bowazon for mav using coldarrows ready for nm
act 5 for next weekend, but last night i got up to nm act 3, so with a
little luck i'll get her to act5 sometime tonight.

So with a little luck i will have my gold find barb ready for hell this
weekend if everything goes right, but it still takes a few hours to runs
through normal and nm and get some levels under your belt, but i hope i
can complete normal tomorrow and then nm friday or sunday.

Then i also need to find a little gear, i only have 1 5 socketed
runemaster, and 2 3 socketes, but maybe i can find an other 5 socketed if
i look closely through all the mules :) 
I know for sure i don't have a spare arreats face, so i either have to get
lucky and find one or buy one :) 
And i don't have enough lems, iirc i only can find 8 or 10 and i need a
little more then that.
But when i get there i'll keep you up to date with his findings.

--
Sonni
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:46:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Tue, 10 May 2005 17:25:51 -0700, chaliban wrote:

> [snip]
> Another oh... if you hadn't figured... please keep us (or just me :) 
> updated.
>

I fianlly got around to get started.
I had 4.5 hours yesterday, where i watched 1.5 hockey match, a 1 hour
game show, ate dinner and played a little.

So now i stands tall at level 22 with act 2 under his belt, but at this
level the only gold find items i have he can use is chance guards since i
upgrade my goldwrap, so i have wait an other 10 levels before it fits him.
I also, within the little playtime i had, traded for a arreats socleted
with an UM, so now i don't have to worry about finding one of those and a
UM too. The only setback with it is i have to wait an other 5 level to use
it since it came with the UM already inserted.

The biggest setback was i saw that 10 of the LEM's i thought i had on a
diffenrent account turned out to be 2 LEM's and 8 LUM's :( 
So even with some heavy rune cubing i only can get to 6 LEM's which leaves
a little cap to the 18 LEM's i need.

If i get a little lucky i will have a couple of hours tonight so i can
complete normal and get started on nm.

--
Sonni
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 3:09:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Tue, 10 May 2005 17:25:51 -0700, chaliban wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Another oh... if you hadn't figured... please keep us (or just me :) 
> updated.

I had a chance to play him some more during a 3 days weekend.
Current gear goes something like this.
um'ed arreats face
wealth in a wire fleece
chance guards
2 x dwarf star
goldwrap 68% gold find
infernostrides 59% gold find
2 masteries, 17 res all, 33% gold find amu
left hand weapon, 5 socketed runemaster with 3 lem's
right hand weapon. razor's edge for the ias
some res and life charms.
I'm out of lem's, but when i get my hands on more i will put them in the
rune master, i think i will keep the razor's edge until i become guardian.
Merc is using shaftstop, crown of thieves and hone sudan. I most say the
shaftstop is a good armor, the merc is almost unkillable, when doing some
nm baalruns he survived beeing surrounded by lister and friends from level
64, never had a merc before that could do that.

This has become some kind of solo build since he never played in parties,
he just go along with my enchantress and a mule for act quests.

He is now level 74 and just completed quest 4 act 1 hell, where i got my
highest gold drop ever. The countess dropped from her body only ith + tir,
but also 105000 gold without a hork.

He is still, and will always be, a little weak in hell combined with me
not being able to control him as well as i would like to when using frenzy
makes it a bit risky.

I hope i will get him through hell during the week so i can begin gold
collecting in hell travincal :) 

--
Sonni
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 7:28:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Sonni Skammelsen wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 17:25:51 -0700, chaliban wrote:
>
> > [snip]
> >
> > Another oh... if you hadn't figured... please keep us (or just me
:) 
> > updated.
>
<snip update and gear>

What charms are yuo using? Have yuo filled your inventory with resists
or GF charms? Do you have a Gheed's?

chaliban
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 6:28:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

You're using Find Item? If so what items you using? I have 2 Heart Carver
Daggers which have +4 Find Item on them.... Perfect for finding Magic
items/Gold.


--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.


"Sonni Skammelsen" <news@sonni.org> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.05.17.09.09.01.897800@sonni.org...
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 17:25:51 -0700, chaliban wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Another oh... if you hadn't figured... please keep us (or just me :) 
>> updated.
>
> I had a chance to play him some more during a 3 days weekend.
> Current gear goes something like this.
> um'ed arreats face
> wealth in a wire fleece
> chance guards
> 2 x dwarf star
> goldwrap 68% gold find
> infernostrides 59% gold find
> 2 masteries, 17 res all, 33% gold find amu
> left hand weapon, 5 socketed runemaster with 3 lem's
> right hand weapon. razor's edge for the ias
> some res and life charms.
> I'm out of lem's, but when i get my hands on more i will put them in the
> rune master, i think i will keep the razor's edge until i become guardian.
> Merc is using shaftstop, crown of thieves and hone sudan. I most say the
> shaftstop is a good armor, the merc is almost unkillable, when doing some
> nm baalruns he survived beeing surrounded by lister and friends from level
> 64, never had a merc before that could do that.
>
> This has become some kind of solo build since he never played in parties,
> he just go along with my enchantress and a mule for act quests.
>
> He is now level 74 and just completed quest 4 act 1 hell, where i got my
> highest gold drop ever. The countess dropped from her body only ith + tir,
> but also 105000 gold without a hork.
>
> He is still, and will always be, a little weak in hell combined with me
> not being able to control him as well as i would like to when using frenzy
> makes it a bit risky.
>
> I hope i will get him through hell during the week so i can begin gold
> collecting in hell travincal :) 
>
> --
> Sonni
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 1:50:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Thu, 19 May 2005 02:28:30 +0000, Jake Mysterio wrote:

> You're using Find Item? If so what items you using? I have 2 Heart Carver
> Daggers which have +4 Find Item on them.... Perfect for finding Magic
> items/Gold.

I'm not horking atm, rigth now i just concentrate on getting through hell
without getting killed.

But when i start to do gold find runs heart caver is an option until i get
my hands on 2 ali's with lems in them for horking.

i will have a level 6 find item without heart cavers and level 14 with,
but the the chance to find only increade from 35% to 47%. But the gold
find will drop with 600% if i use heart caver's in stead of dual lem'ed
ali's.

And i'm not even sure if i will use ali's since they gave around 300% gold
find each and if i get 2 5 socketed rune master's filled with lems they
will have 375% gold find each.

But i have to see what gear the future brings.

--
Sonni
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 1:54:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Wed, 18 May 2005 15:28:51 -0700, chaliban wrote:

>
> Sonni Skammelsen wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 May 2005 17:25:51 -0700, chaliban wrote:
>>
>> > [snip]
>> >
>> > Another oh... if you hadn't figured... please keep us (or just me
> :) 
>> > updated.
>>
> <snip update and gear>
>
> What charms are yuo using? Have yuo filled your inventory with resists or
> GF charms? Do you have a Gheed's?
>

Atm. i'm just concentrating on completing hell so i use 3 gc with res to
boost my res, and then i have a couple of life charms.

I haven't stareted to fill with gf charms yet, but when i'm a guardian i
will do that and start making gf runs.

I have an unused gheeds on a mule and i might use that until my sorc can
use it, or if i find an other it will stay on the gf barb.

--
Sonni
!