  • Nextel
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
April 21, 2005 3:05:47 AM

I am not here to say "Ha Ha" to people who are selling depot patches.
I was able to download the depot patch for 10, and that is all I need.

However, this is what I want to say. If you, yourself created the
patch, then you should be able to get a little money for it, but only
if you wrote it.

Selling the TRUE Depot or Lab for profit is bullshit. You didnt write
it, so where do you get off selling it?

To those who have the Depot patch, or the "Super Depot" patch, please
share them.

If you have the true Depot or Lab, please post it... even if it is
version 10....

More about : depot battle wages

April 21, 2005 3:05:48 AM

hey dipshit, did you ever sell something at a yard sale? If so, did you
manufacture that item? Its called resale jackass! I sell Depot for a
fraction of what most sellers but I am also selling my service
"NeonHomer" <neonhomerNO_SPAM_I@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am not here to say "Ha Ha" to people who are selling depot patches.
> I was able to download the depot patch for 10, and that is all I need.
>
> However, this is what I want to say. If you, yourself created the
> patch, then you should be able to get a little money for it, but only
> if you wrote it.
>
> Selling the TRUE Depot or Lab for profit is bullshit. You didnt write
> it, so where do you get off selling it?
>
> To those who have the Depot patch, or the "Super Depot" patch, please
> share them.
>
> If you have the true Depot or Lab, please post it... even if it is
> version 10....

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 12:52:04 PM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:51:23 -0400, "Justin" <jumcnabb5@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>hey dipshit, did you ever sell something at a yard sale? If so, did you
>manufacture that item? Its called resale jackass! I sell Depot for a
>fraction of what most sellers but I am also selling my service

I think the difference is selling copyrighted software...
April 21, 2005 5:19:51 PM

its not copyrighted, I'm not selling RSS Carrier
"Evan Platt" <evan@theobvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:51:23 -0400, "Justin" <jumcnabb5@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >hey dipshit, did you ever sell something at a yard sale? If so, did you
> >manufacture that item? Its called resale jackass! I sell Depot for a
> >fraction of what most sellers but I am also selling my service
>
> I think the difference is selling copyrighted software...
> --
> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 4:12:06 AM

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:19:51 -0400, "Justin" <jumcnabb5@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>its not copyrighted, I'm not selling RSS Carrier
>"Evan Platt" <evan@theobvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:51:23 -0400, "Justin" <jumcnabb5@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >hey dipshit, did you ever sell something at a yard sale? If so, did you
>> >manufacture that item? Its called resale jackass! I sell Depot for a
>> >fraction of what most sellers but I am also selling my service
>>
>> I think the difference is selling copyrighted software...
>> --
>> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

I don't see why having 10 million people selling depot is a problem.
It creates competition which drives prices down (eventually to free
lol) for consumers who in turn are happy.

Everyone wants to make a buck. It's the way we were bruoght up.

I think what steams some people is to see someone ask someone hey can
I buy an unlocked version from you. then take that version and resell
it to undercet the original guy.

You see, majority of the people selling depot are really selling
someone elses work. If they sat there and coded their own customized
patcher and went online and said hey, 5$ and it's yours just to
undercut the competition. More power to you.

But when you buy one persons copy for 10$, then flood the market with
his copy for 5$ then I can see why he could get steamed lol.

I create my own patches and lock them all now because of the same
problem the other guys were facing.

yah my prices are a little bit higher too but like Justin said. I'm
also selling the service. Purchasing depot through me allows you the
latest versions all the time. You don't have to wait for some guy in
romania or hong kong to code up a patch, give it to his inner circle
who gives it to their inner circles and then 3-4 months later you get
your copy from a friend of a friend ofa friend of a friend (and the
list goes on and on)...

Also too having locked versions allows me to focus on those who have
purchased the programs when it comes to tech support. You can't
imagine how many emails bout depot I get, how many lamers trying to
send me bogus paypal account security messages lol it's insane.

So for those of you who think we go through all of this just to make
money. Congratulations, you've just discovered corporate america.
Welcome my friend.
April 30, 2005 3:19:30 PM

well put!
"Depot - The Source" <depot@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:19:51 -0400, "Justin" <jumcnabb5@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >its not copyrighted, I'm not selling RSS Carrier
> >"Evan Platt" <evan@theobvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message

> >> I think the difference is selling copyrighted software...
> >> --
> >> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.
> >

> I don't see why having 10 million people selling depot is a problem.
> It creates competition which drives prices down (eventually to free
> lol) for consumers who in turn are happy.
>
> Everyone wants to make a buck. It's the way we were bruoght up.
>
> I think what steams some people is to see someone ask someone hey can
> I buy an unlocked version from you. then take that version and resell
> it to undercet the original guy.
>
> You see, majority of the people selling depot are really selling
> someone elses work. If they sat there and coded their own customized
> patcher and went online and said hey, 5$ and it's yours just to
> undercut the competition. More power to you.
>
> But when you buy one persons copy for 10$, then flood the market with
> his copy for 5$ then I can see why he could get steamed lol.
>
> I create my own patches and lock them all now because of the same
> problem the other guys were facing.
>
> yah my prices are a little bit higher too but like Justin said. I'm
> also selling the service. Purchasing depot through me allows you the
> latest versions all the time. You don't have to wait for some guy in
> romania or hong kong to code up a patch, give it to his inner circle
> who gives it to their inner circles and then 3-4 months later you get
> your copy from a friend of a friend ofa friend of a friend (and the
> list goes on and on)...
>
> Also too having locked versions allows me to focus on those who have
> purchased the programs when it comes to tech support. You can't
> imagine how many emails bout depot I get, how many lamers trying to
> send me bogus paypal account security messages lol it's insane.
>
> So for those of you who think we go through all of this just to make
> money. Congratulations, you've just discovered corporate america.
> Welcome my friend.

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 6:45:29 AM

FYI...the selling of software that can make your carrier turn in to
depot will not be allowed on this forum anymore as legal issues can
arise. please do not post to offer this as a "sale" item as the post
will be deleted.
Thanks

--
rdmiller
May 2, 2005 1:34:13 PM

On Mon, 2 May 2005 02:45:29 -0500, rdmiller
<rdmiller.1oe9xz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>FYI...the selling of software that can make your carrier turn in to
>depot will not be allowed on this forum anymore as legal issues can
>arise. please do not post to offer this as a "sale" item as the post
>will be deleted.

This is a newsgroup. You may be reading this on a 'forum', I'm reading
it on a newsgroup of which you don't have control to delete posts
from.
May 2, 2005 6:51:30 PM

posts to website aren't allowed that sell depot as well...please alert a
moderator if this happens. thx justin

this thread is now closed

--
rdmiller
May 2, 2005 7:28:22 PM

That's right! don't have your website linked to this newsgroup then
> On Mon, 2 May 2005 02:45:29 -0500, rdmiller
> <rdmiller.1oe9xz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>

> >FYI...the selling of software that can make your carrier turn in to
> >depot will not be allowed on this forum anymore as legal issues can
> >arise. please do not post to offer this as a "sale" item as the post
> >will be deleted.
>
> This is a newsgroup. You may be reading this on a 'forum', I'm reading
> it on a newsgroup of which you don't have control to delete posts
> from.
> --
> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 6:28:17 AM

On Mon, 2 May 2005 14:51:30 -0500, rdmiller
<rdmiller.1of79y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>posts to website aren't allowed that sell depot as well...please alert a
>moderator if this happens. thx justin
>
>this thread is now closed

Lol ok I had to reply to a thread that was closed.
!