Closed

Unable to install additional display language

Hello! I got my laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit yesterday and so far I'm unable to fix the problem with my native language shown as hieroglyphs.
I attach a screenshot :

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5200/clipboard01tm.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I can't even find that Install/Uninstall Language. It's missing. :pfff:

I will appreciate any help. Thanks.


Btw: This Acer 5251-1513 for 298$ from Walmart is a great deal ;)
14 answers Last reply
More about unable install additional display language
  1. You can edit documents in multiple languages by changing the language (the input language) in which you type. Input languages are included with Windows, but you need to add them to your list of languages before you can use them.

    1.

    Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.
    2.

    Click the Keyboards and Languages tab, and then click Change keyboards.
    3.

    Under Installed services, click Add.
    4.

    Double-click the language you want to add, double-click the text services you want to add, select the text services options you want to add, and then click OK.

    Also, take a look at this site for more great information!
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Add-or-change-an-input-language

    I hope this helps!

    Brett M,
    Windows Outreach Team
  2. Thanks for the help anyway but my problem is that the option for installing a Aditional Display Language is missing from Keyboards and Languages. Check the screenshot.
  3. Go to Windows update, and install the language you need.
  4. daship said:
    Go to Windows update, and install the language you need.



    Thats his problem. He installed, but can not change it.
  5. How do I install the language I need from Windows update ?
  6. ToughMan69 said:
    How do I install the language I need from Windows update ?



    just select it from the list it gets installed automatically.
    then you have to change language, the way its already said in this thread.
  7. Can you please provide a screenshot with this?
  8. bobalazs said:
    just select it from the list it gets installed automatically.
    then you have to change language, the way its already said in this thread.


    The MAIN problem is, that the version of windows doesn't offer the option "Change Display Lagnguage"... that way you CAN'T install a new language pack, neither in WIndows Update nor anywhere else... That is my problem too.. I spoke with a specialist, and he said that it's only in two of the versions of Windows 7 that this function is working... He said that there are some kind of Hacker programs, that can trick the PC to install a language pack, but otherwise it is impossivble. My main problem with the language-thing is that I can't read Subtitles in movies that are with kyrillic alphabet, because I can't install the proper language on my PC.
  9. Quote:
    The MAIN problem is, that the version of windows doesn't offer the option "Change Display Lagnguage"... that way you CAN'T install a new language pack, neither in WIndows Update nor anywhere else... That is my problem too.. I spoke with a specialist, and he said that it's only in two of the versions of Windows 7 that this function is working... He said that there are some kind of Hacker programs, that can trick the PC to install a language pack, but otherwise it is impossivble. My main problem with the language-thing is that I can't read Subtitles in movies that are with kyrillic alphabet, because I can't install the proper language on my PC.

    I already figured that out. I read cyrillic websites but I can't read text files. If you find some of these hacking programs, please let me know.
  10. Can somebody please try to provide me with a solution to the problem with cyrillic being unintelligible on my OS ? It is a kind of an emergency. Is anybody aware of the hacking programs mentioned above? I would deeply appreciate it.
  11. You have to use following steps to fix this problem.
    1.First open your open command as the administrator.
    2.then type following command.
    DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath: (directory naar lp.cab)
    3.Now type following command.
    bcdedit /set {current} locale nl-NL
    4.After that type following command.
    bcdboot %WinDir% /l nl-NL
    5.Now open regedit and go to the following location.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/MUI/UILanguages
    6.Now delete the en-US and restart your computer.
  12. Its an old thread...
  13. This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Displays