pardon me if this has been asked ten trillion times already.

i just started playing chaos empire last night. corpsefire in the den
of evil drops five rare charms that identify as teddy bears. I've read
bits and peices of discussions on these so i know they are important,
but i'm not quite sure what to do with them. I got 5 of them and each
says, save the first one.

so i got the first one i identified, in the inventory. what should i
do with the remaining 4? sell? save?

oh, and i found a tome of townportal in the bookcase in the house at
rogues camp, but no tome of scroll of identify. did i miss something?
theres so much new weirdness its hard to tell

thanks for any replies

On 9-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

> so i got the first one i identified, in the inventory. what should i
> do with the remaining 4? sell? save?
>
> oh, and i found a tome of townportal in the bookcase in the house at
> rogues camp, but no tome of scroll of identify. did i miss something?
> theres so much new weirdness its hard to tell
>
> thanks for any replies

I presume that you are playing version 7.55 or 7.56, you can keep all
those teddy charms now. Start a few new characters to get Horadric
Scrolls and carry as many as you can/wish now. In the older version 7.51
that I am playing you were only allowed to pick one up, on the second try
it would say 'Impossible' or "I can't".
On the tome, you got 'lucky', you can no longer buy scrolls or tomes, so
you are limited to what you can find. btw, after you rescue Cain, even
tho he says he will ID stuff for free, he charges 100 gold per item, which
is no problem, try selling that tome you found to Gheed and you will get
almost 7.5 million gold, but if you sell to Charsi or Akara you will only
get their limit (in normal) of 25,000. So, always sell to the npc you
gamble with for the best prices.
Have fun with the mod, I know I have been.
Don't forget to socket your rings and ammys.
--
Don't Panic!

On Mon, 09 May 2005 16:37:26 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>I presume that you are playing version 7.55 or 7.56, you can keep all
>those teddy charms now. Start a few new characters to get Horadric
>Scrolls and carry as many as you can/wish now.

OK, i'm not sure what i should do with the Horadric scrolls. My first
character got three right in her inventory at start up. Advice? What
do the scrolls and the teddies actually do?

the kinder eggs are fun.

>On the tome, you got 'lucky', you can no longer buy scrolls or tomes, so
>you are limited to what you can find.

Whoooooh! she got lucky!

no wait thats not right.

yah, i did notice that i have an inventory and cube full of
un-identified stuff and no scrolls

btw, after you rescue Cain, even
>tho he says he will ID stuff for free, he charges 100 gold per item, which
>is no problem, try selling that tome you found to Gheed and you will get
>almost 7.5 million gold,

wow! something to keep in mind. for now i think i'll keep the tome.

but if you sell to Charsi or Akara you will only
>get their limit (in normal) of 25,000. So, always sell to the npc you
>gamble with for the best prices.

Gheed has, as usual, already ripped me off blind two or three times.

>Have fun with the mod, I know I have been.
>Don't forget to socket your rings and ammys.

uh, how do i do this, and is there a FAQ or general info for idiots
like me, online somewhere?

On 9-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

> OK, i'm not sure what i should do with the Horadric scrolls. My first
> character got three right in her inventory at start up. Advice? What
> do the scrolls and the teddies actually do?
>
> the kinder eggs are fun.

If you transmute one scroll and one teddy, it adds plus one to all skills
to the teddy.

> >On the tome, you got 'lucky', you can no longer buy scrolls or tomes,
> >so
> >you are limited to what you can find.
>
> Whoooooh! she got lucky!
> no wait thats not right.
>
> yah, i did notice that i have an inventory and cube full of
> un-identified stuff and no scrolls
>
> > btw, after you rescue Cain, even
> >tho he says he will ID stuff for free, he charges 100 gold per item,
> >which
> >is no problem, try selling that tome you found to Gheed and you will
> >get
> >almost 7.5 million gold,
>
> wow! something to keep in mind. for now i think i'll keep the tome.
>
> > but if you sell to Charsi or Akara you will only
> >get their limit (in normal) of 25,000. So, always sell to the npc you
> >gamble with for the best prices.
>
> Gheed has, as usual, already ripped me off blind two or three times.

You will get the chance to get even, after you hit level 25-30, if you do
it the right way, you can MAKE money gambling. Heh, sometimes I have
trouble getting rid of my extra gold.

> >Have fun with the mod, I know I have been.
> >Don't forget to socket your rings and ammys.
>
> uh, how do i do this, and is there a FAQ or general info for idiots
> like me, online somewhere?

AFAIK, the recipe has not changed, it should be two pgems for each socket
you want, so two pgems and a ring or ammy in the cube and click transmute.
It will not _say_ it is socketed, but if you hover your mouse over the
item you should be able to see the circle. btw, this works for any item
you can socket, armor, helms, etc. so if you want 3 sockets in a torso
armor, then you use 6 pgems (any type).
Read the readme, then read it again, then read it yet again while paying
very special attention to the version changes listed at the bottom.
There are a couple of forums specifically for this mod also, check:
http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=104
and,
http://ce.grimms.org/forum/index.php
The second one you have to register to even read it, just create a
throwaway email at hotmail or yahoo or somewhere. Most of it is in
german, but there is an english (international) forum too.
I am not the only one playing this mod here, so if you have further
questions, post 'em and me or someone else should be able to help.
--
Don't Panic!

On Mon, 09 May 2005 20:05:36 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 9-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> OK, i'm not sure what i should do with the Horadric scrolls. My first
>> character got three right in her inventory at start up. Advice? What
>> do the scrolls and the teddies actually do?
>>
>> the kinder eggs are fun.
>
>If you transmute one scroll and one teddy, it adds plus one to all skills
>to the teddy.

i just saw that on the CE website. thank you. However, some of the
other info on there is a little hard to read.

some of the cube recipes, for example. is there a forum you know of
that has the cube recipes written down?

>AFAIK, the recipe has not changed, it should be two pgems for each socket
>you want, so two pgems and a ring or ammy in the cube and click transmute.

> It will not _say_ it is socketed, but if you hover your mouse over the
>item you should be able to see the circle. btw, this works for any item
>you can socket, armor, helms, etc. so if you want 3 sockets in a torso
>armor, then you use 6 pgems (any type).
>Read the readme, then read it again, then read it yet again while paying
>very special attention to the version changes listed at the bottom.
>There are a couple of forums specifically for this mod also, check:
>http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=104
>and,
>http://ce.grimms.org/forum/index.php
>The second one you have to register to even read it, just create a
>throwaway email at hotmail or yahoo or somewhere. Most of it is in
>german, but there is an english (international) forum too.
>I am not the only one playing this mod here, so if you have further
>questions, post 'em and me or someone else should be able to help.

thank you, very good info.

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message

>> > btw, after you rescue Cain, even
>> >tho he says he will ID stuff for free, he charges 100 gold per item,
>> >which
>> >is no problem, try selling that tome you found to Gheed and you will
>> >get
>> >almost 7.5 million gold,
>>
>> wow! something to keep in mind. for now i think i'll keep the tome.

Valuable Potions sell for 492 million gold. You can gamble all night and not
make a significant dent in the pile. (Especially since a lot of what you
gamble for earns you a profit when you sell it back.) Once you've gambled
all there is to gamble, the only thing left to do is buy runes for 500,000
gold each until your stash is full. There's hardly any need to leave town at
all.
--
Zamboni

On 9-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

> some of the cube recipes, for example. is there a forum you know of
> that has the cube recipes written down?

Most of them should be in the readme. If you can't find what you are
looking for, try posting a question at one of those forums, if it has not
been asked before a zillion times the author himself may answer you, or
just another person playing the mod.
--
Don't Panic!

On Mon, 9 May 2005, "Zamboni" wrote:

>> "ArtDent" wrote

Good decision.

>> Valuable Potions sell for 492 million gold. You can gamble all night and not
>> make a significant dent in the pile. (Especially since a lot of what you
>> gamble for earns you a profit when you sell it back.) Once you've gambled
>> all there is to gamble, the only thing left to do is buy runes for 500,000
>> gold each until your stash is full. There's hardly any need to leave town at
>> all.

In the 7.55 and later versions, you no longer gamble runes.
This is hardly a problem since the eggs supply runes like a hellforge
run, and various kills will drop a 'heart' which right-clicks into a
Zod. As of 7.55 you don't cube runes *up*, but only *down*, to turn the
Zods into whatever you need.

Your teddy plus 1 horadric scroll transmutes to add +1 all skills to
your teddy, and 2%MF/level. Definitely worth the trouble.

Wirt's Leg plus 2 scrolls makes a doll stash you can cube all your dolls
into. This causes the doll stash to become a 'charm' giving various
attributes like "find potion", where the potions are either a small
rejuve, a large rejuve, or a 'soul' from whatever you found it in, souls
right-click into eggs, or sell to Gheed for 2/3 bazillion gold.

Your stash is in the Graveyard, near BloodRaven.

Ask questions, even the dumb ones. Dumb answers are my specialty!

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper