MF question

Hi,

in the last couple of days I started finding a lot of good equipment in
NM (Occulus, buriza something, spirit of honor , dwarf star ).

I have some 188% MF.
I'm playing SP v1.09 with sorc(lvl 58) but I also have a Bowazon. Buriza
is nice but i want windforce for here. So where is the best place to
kill for one?

I read on gamefaqs that not even baal can drop some of the top level
equip.( ilvl 87/90) but that pindleskin can.
Should I kill pindle then? or somebody/something else?
I also read about pindlebot but where do i get a clean one?
should I upgrade to v1.10 ?
And while I'm asking how do resists wokr? do they cut damage by the % or
the % shows what are the chances for being hit by elemental damage?

thanks for the potential info
3 answers Last reply
More about question

    zekopeko <zekopeko2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > in the last couple of days I started finding a lot of good equipment in
    > NM (Occulus, buriza something, spirit of honor , dwarf star ).
    >
    > I have some 188% MF.
    > I'm playing SP v1.09 with sorc(lvl 58) but I also have a Bowazon. Buriza
    > is nice but i want windforce for here. So where is the best place to
    > kill for one?
    >
    > I read on gamefaqs that not even baal can drop some of the top level
    > equip.( ilvl 87/90) but that pindleskin can.
    > Should I kill pindle then? or somebody/something else?

    ATMA ( http://atma.diabloii.net ) has an in-built drop calculator for
    versions 1.07-1.10.

    Drop chances for 1.09 Windforce (players 1; 188%MF):
    1 : 25614 Baal - [H] - {mlvl 95}
    1 : 37491 Frozenstein - [H] Frozen River - {mlvl 93}
    1 : 37491 Pindleskin - [H] Nihlathak's Temple - {mlvl 93}
    1 : 37491 Snapchip Shatter - [H] Icy Cellar - {mlvl 93}
    1 : 37491 Thresh Socket - [H] Frigid Highlands - {mlvl 93}

    > I also read about pindlebot but where do i get a clean one?

    No idea...

    > should I upgrade to v1.10 ?

    Well, check the differences between 1.09 and 1.10 and choose the one that
    you like better. If you're planning to play on B-net, then you'll have to
    upgrade to 1.10.

    > And while I'm asking how do resists wokr? do they cut damage by the % or
    > the % shows what are the chances for being hit by elemental damage?

    They cut the damage received. If some monster hits you with 100 fire
    damage, and you have 75% fire resistance, you'll recieve only 25 damage.

    > thanks for the potential info

    HTH.

    --
    Duergar

    Duergar wrote:
    > zekopeko <zekopeko2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>in the last couple of days I started finding a lot of good equipment in
    >>NM (Occulus, buriza something, spirit of honor , dwarf star ).
    >>
    >>I have some 188% MF.
    >>I'm playing SP v1.09 with sorc(lvl 58) but I also have a Bowazon. Buriza
    >>is nice but i want windforce for here. So where is the best place to
    >>kill for one?
    >>
    >>I read on gamefaqs that not even baal can drop some of the top level
    >>equip.( ilvl 87/90) but that pindleskin can.
    >>Should I kill pindle then? or somebody/something else?
    >

    > ATMA ( http://atma.diabloii.net ) has an in-built drop calculator for
    > versions 1.07-1.10.
    >
    > Drop chances for 1.09 Windforce (players 1; 188%MF):
    > 1 : 25614 Baal - [H] - {mlvl 95}
    > 1 : 37491 Frozenstein - [H] Frozen River - {mlvl 93}
    > 1 : 37491 Pindleskin - [H] Nihlathak's Temple - {mlvl 93}
    > 1 : 37491 Snapchip Shatter - [H] Icy Cellar - {mlvl 93}
    > 1 : 37491 Thresh Socket - [H] Frigid Highlands - {mlvl 93}
    >

    >>I also read about pindlebot but where do i get a clean one?
    >

    > No idea...
    >

    >>should I upgrade to v1.10 ?
    >

    > Well, check the differences between 1.09 and 1.10 and choose the one that
    > you like better. If you're planning to play on B-net, then you'll have to
    > upgrade to 1.10.
    >

    >>And while I'm asking how do resists wokr? do they cut damage by the % or
    >>the % shows what are the chances for being hit by elemental damage?
    >>

    > They cut the damage received. If some monster hits you with 100 fire
    > damage, and you have 75% fire resistance, you'll recieve only 25 damage.
    >

    >>thanks for the potential info
    >

    > HTH.

    Thanks for the info. Found the "players 8" command so I hope that
    will increase my odds

    "zekopeko" <zekopeko2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > in the last couple of days I started finding a lot of good equipment in
    > NM (Occulus, buriza something, spirit of honor , dwarf star ).
    >
    > I have some 188% MF.
    > I'm playing SP v1.09 with sorc(lvl 58) but I also have a Bowazon. Buriza
    > is nice but i want windforce for here. So where is the best place to
    > kill for one?
    >
    > I read on gamefaqs that not even baal can drop some of the top level
    > equip.( ilvl 87/90) but that pindleskin can.
    > Should I kill pindle then? or somebody/something else?
    > I also read about pindlebot but where do i get a clean one?
    > should I upgrade to v1.10 ?
    > And while I'm asking how do resists wokr? do they cut damage by the % or
    > the % shows what are the chances for being hit by elemental damage?
    >
    > thanks for the potential info

    If you planning on going to all the trouble of using a bot in v1.09 SP then
    could I suggest instead you just download a character editor and an items
    package containing Windforce?

    I used to use Jamella's hero editor but I hear its been replaced now with
    one that works for 1.10 SP games.

    These wont work on bNet though so if you wanna cheat there then your on your
    own :¬/

Games Video Games