Soloing the entire game...

In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
through Hell.

Let's say, what are the top 5...

1. Skellimancer
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

- Samiel

Rich

My hammerdin is unstoppable and I use poison and my merc against the Magic
Immunes

"Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
> In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
> through Hell.
>
> Let's say, what are the top 5...
>
> 1. Skellimancer
> 2. ?
> 3. ?
> 4. ?
> 5. ?
>
> - Samiel

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Samiel wrote:
> In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
> through Hell.
>
> Let's say, what are the top 5...
>
> 1. Skellimancer

2. Barbarian
3. Barbarian
4. Barbarian
5. Barbarian
6. Palladin
7. Barbarian

Oh, and maybe the assassin.

Oh, oh - maybe a sorc, or an amazon. I guess a druid or maybe a
barbarian could work too, but definitely never a barbarian.

Oh, and the barbarian too.

-Jason

P.S. Did I mention the barbarian?

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
> In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
> through Hell.

Well I did it with a hybrid amazon. Lightning fury and strafe.

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

Samiel wrote:
> In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
> through Hell.
>
> Let's say, what are the top 5...
>
> 1. Skellimancer
> 2. ?
> 3. ?
> 4. ?
> 5. ?
>
> - Samiel

I know both Frenzy and Concentrate barbs can do it, and a Concentrate barb
can do it untwinked, because I've done it--in hardcore.

A MA assy can do it too, but the one I did was twinked pretty highly. She
could have got by through most of the game, say up to the Durance in A3 Hell
with a bit less than she had, and probably the rest of the game too,
especially since the Shadow Master is now as strong as she is, but I was
grateful for the full Nat's set and a few other goodies she had at her
disposal.

Those are really the only builds I know for sure can solo. I think the
pally I'm working on will be able to do it, too--at least once I decide what
flavor pally he's going to be. :)
--
chainbreaker

Samiel wrote:

>In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
>through Hell.
>
>Let's say, what are the top 5...
>
>1. Skellimancer
>2. ?
>3. ?
>4. ?
>5. ?

Having some decent equipment sure changes things here, but I have had
luck with a blizzard sorc (with a decent merc & lots of potions), an
IK set whirlie barb (way overpowered), and am finding my newly created
hammerdin to be even easier than the others.

In article <qqh4819keicvth7mohoo183pkjrgtjs2ki@4ax.com>,
Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:
>In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
>through Hell.
>
>Let's say, what are the top 5...
>
>1. Skellimancer
>2. ?
>3. ?
>4. ?
>5. ?

No idea where they are on the list, but I solo-ed the entire game with:

- Lightning trapassin
- IK Barb (using WW & Concentrate)

Almost finished the game with, before he become too boring to play:

- Hammerdin

I'm hoping my current project will be able to do it too:

- Fanatic Zealot

Regards,

Patrick.

"Samiel" wrote...
> In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
> through Hell.
>
> Let's say, what are the top 5...
>
> 1. Skellimancer
> 2. ?
> 3. ?
> 4. ?
> 5. ?
>
> - Samiel

I'm attempting to do this with a modified Sparkler Sorc.... Right now she's
level 56, in act 4 of NM... Maxed out charged bolt and lightning mastery,
and working on maxing out blizzard... the blizzard/bolt quick switch
alternation combo seems to work quite nicely, dispatching most monsters with
ease... I have problems with a few types, most notably the Undead Stygian
Dolls (those @#^% bastards) but this is an untwinked build, too, since I'm
starting over from scratch (having lost all my accounts for 3 months of
inactivity... waaaahhh). No notable equipment found, as yet, so I'd say
she's doing quite respectably.... There was one OK in the Plains of Despair
that had mods she couldn't touch: FI/LE/CE, but other than that, she's doing
well. A lot better than her merc, an Act II NM defensive merc who is all
but useless...

Samiel wrote:

> In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
> through Hell.
>
> Let's say, what are the top 5...
>
> 1. Skellimancer
> 2. ?
> 3. ?
> 4. ?
> 5. ?
>
> - Samiel

2. Concentrate Barb
3. Ice-Fire-Sorc
4. Hamerdin
5. IK-Barb

Sascha Hoemig (ohh yes i'm still alive, but a little busy)

In a parallel universe, Anti-Samiel said exactly the opposite of:

> In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
> through Hell.
>
> Let's say, what are the top 5...
>
> 1. Skellimancer
> 2. ?
> 3. ?
> 4. ?
> 5. ?
>
> - Samiel

Lightning trapper with maxed Fire Blast.

Ridiculously powerful, and with Shadow, Merc, Cloak of Shadows and Mind
Blast, also very safe.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

Saber

"Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
> In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
> through Hell.
>
> Let's say, what are the top 5...
>
> 1. Skellimancer
> 2. ?
> 3. ?
> 4. ?
> 5. ?

Rayau could... I dont hear anyone mantioning avengers.....
well, that was in previous patches too... but still. if i were to play
again, im sure i could make a melee pally (the only real pally ;) ) that
could solo the whole game. hum... an avenger/zealot/vindicator combo can do
just about anything, regardless of what patch....
damnit! i kinda wanna play again. but no, i will be strong...

--
The Former Pally God Saber

Saber wrote:
> Rayau could... I dont hear anyone mantioning avengers.....
> well, that was in previous patches too... but still. if i were to play
> again, im sure i could make a melee pally (the only real pally ;) )
> that could solo the whole game. hum... an avenger/zealot/vindicator
> combo can do just about anything, regardless of what patch....
> damnit! i kinda wanna play again. but no, i will be strong...

The pally I'm working on right now's going to be a melee pally. I'm not
sure what *kind* of melee pally exactly, but melee for sure--probably
whatever I can work out to be closest to the barbs I play seems like 90% of
the time.

Whatever he is, I'm pretty sure he'll be *able* to solo the game. Now
whether or not I'll feel compelled to *play* him through the entire game is
another matter altogether. :)

--
chainbreaker

Saber

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Saber wrote:
> > Rayau could... I dont hear anyone mantioning avengers.....
> > well, that was in previous patches too... but still. if i were to play
> > again, im sure i could make a melee pally (the only real pally ;) )
> > that could solo the whole game. hum... an avenger/zealot/vindicator
> > combo can do just about anything, regardless of what patch....
> > damnit! i kinda wanna play again. but no, i will be strong...
>
> The pally I'm working on right now's going to be a melee pally. I'm not
> sure what *kind* of melee pally exactly, but melee for sure--probably
> whatever I can work out to be closest to the barbs I play seems like 90%
of
> the time.
>
> Whatever he is, I'm pretty sure he'll be *able* to solo the game. Now
> whether or not I'll feel compelled to *play* him through the entire game
is
> another matter altogether. :)

have zeal and veng. i cant give up a build guideline, cuz well... i never
played 1.1, but if u like barbs, those are the best attacks to use.
probably played pallies though before, but i couldnt stay quiet. :)

--
Saber

On Fri, 13 May 2005, "Saber" wrote:

>> "Samiel" wrote
>> > In your opinion, what builds are viable for soloing the entire game
>> > through Hell.
>> >
>> > Let's say, what are the top 5...
>> >
>> > 1. Skellimancer
>> > 2. ?
>> > 3. ?
>> > 4. ?
>> > 5. ?
>>
>> Rayau could... I dont hear anyone mantioning avengers.....

How did the melee Pally deal with Iron Maiden (Chaos Sanctuary).

(I'm sure he preferred fleshly maidens to the Iron variety...)

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper