SP Strafezon makes Matriarch

Hi,

so I finally decided to take my level 86 Strafezon onward to Baal. I made
her a PASSION Matriarchal bow, so reaching 2fpa Strafe only needed about
35% IAS on gear. Hit blinds target and 145 max damage are quite helpful,
too. Tal-Rasha's helmet provided 10% mana/life leech, which was more than
enough with Strafe.

As she had just reached Act5, my Patriarch throwbarb gave her all the
important waypoints. And I wanted to make this a 2-girl event, taking my
Enchantress along the way. As the sorc hadn't killed D before, we had to
go to the Chaos Sanctuary. Even with a level 35 Enchant, it was very slow
going. We finally killed Diablo, but the Sorc didn't get the quest -
dunno why not.

Too lazy to do D again, I brought in my Demon Limb for Enchant and went
straight for Baal. Well, we had to do the Ancients first. Might merc got
Reaper's Toll and we took a bunch of full rejuvs and went for it. This
darn leaping barb must have really loved me, as he jumped on me whenever
he could. Merc and Valk had to do most of the killing, as I was busy
running away, turning around, fire off a strafe volley and run again.
Finally, we got them all and could go for the real business.

WSK2 and 3 weren't too bad, especially as on WSK3, the portal to the
throne was just around the next right corner. Well, the Throne level was
packed with baddies, but FA stopped them cold and Strafe blinded them.

Only Lister put up a fight, but finally had give in to Decrep. Now we
prepared for the big boss. Fresh Enchant, full fresh set of rejuvs and
arrows and off we went. It looked quite easy at first, as Baal went down
to half health quite fast.. But then he spawned his darn brother and lots
of these vines. I couldn't leech from them and even a full rejuv only
provides mana for 3-4 FA's and one Strafe or so.

Well, I hadn't yet learned not to Strafe when Baal spews his fire.
Luckily, while hitting buttons 1-4 to down a potion, I also brought up a
town portal just before dieing. We regrouped in town, I gathered my last
few rejuvs and went for the body. TP back to town and buy a bunch of mana
pots. Leather, rinse, repeat. I think I died 4 or five times, but finally
the big boss went down! Once again, nothing worthwile to loot, but at
least another Razortail...

So, Greetings to my first Matriarch Witchy!

Oliver Wenzel wrote:

[snip]

> We regrouped in town, I gathered my last
> few rejuvs and went for the body. TP back to town and buy a bunch of mana
> pots. Leather, rinse, repeat. I think I died 4 or five times, but finally
> the big boss went down! Once again, nothing worthwile to loot, but at
> least another Razortail...

Congrats Oliver!

> So, Greetings to my first Matriarch Witchy!

Today I just got my first Matriarch Assassin, and the Baal episode was
much like yours above. Died 4 times, merc died a lot. I was using a
Tiger Strike / Death Sentry build, per
http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=578

In fact, I started her on an -act5 rush, and moved on to NM directly
(thanks to ATMA) and I'm not sure I got all the skills/levels/resistance
quests from Normal level! If anyone's interested in the final build
stats, I could post them. The Guide above was very precise with respect
to my experience. I even remapped my keys as suggested, although only
for TigerStrike, CobraStrike and regular attack (Z, X, C respectively).

I did acquire an Ohm in early Hell and built the Chaos claws. I also
snagged Bartuc's cut-throat. Prior to these claws, I used the Bonesnap
(!) as the TS weapon.

My Assassin was rigged for MF when I did Baal Hell, and that meant that
much of my +skills stuff was in my stash and Baal took longer for that
reason. Sadly Baal dropped nothing great when he died. One green was
Cleglaw's Claw, and the rest were yellows and blues.

I went on to Cow level and got the Nosferatu's Coil, so that made up for it!

Cris

--
Help fight spam by "educating" the lax, zombie-hosting ISPs:
http://pages.infinit.net/filmore/educateYourISP.htm

Hi,

Cris Fuhrman <filmore@bigSANS_SPAMfoot.com> wrote in

> Oliver Wenzel wrote:

>> So, Greetings to my first Matriarch Witchy!
>
> Today I just got my first Matriarch Assassin, and the Baal episode was
> much like yours above. Died 4 times, merc died a lot. I was using a
> Tiger Strike / Death Sentry build, per
> http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=578

my Assy is level 82 and just starting out in Act5. She was planned to go
after this guide, too, but I found that I didn't like the Death Sentry path
too much. So she currently has Tiger Strike/Dragon Tail maxed and is quite
undecided about another attack.

> In fact, I started her on an -act5 rush, and moved on to NM directly
> (thanks to ATMA) and I'm not sure I got all the
> skills/levels/resistance quests from Normal level! If anyone's
> interested in the final build stats, I could post them. The Guide
> above was very precise with respect to my experience. I even remapped
> my keys as suggested, although only for TigerStrike, CobraStrike and
> regular attack (Z, X, C respectively).

Radament (Act2), Izzual (Act4) for skill points, Anya (Act5) and Golden
Bird (Act3) for resists and a life bonus.

I always remap my keys so Q is weapon switch, W the left-hand attack and
middle mouse-button right-hand attack. Support skills on A-F, so you could
cast DS with A and switch back to your right attack with middle mouse-
button. Works like a champ.

> I did acquire an Ohm in early Hell and built the Chaos claws. I also
> snagged Bartuc's cut-throat. Prior to these claws, I used the Bonesnap
> (!) as the TS weapon.

Lucky you. I'm still looking for an LO to build me a FORTITUDE armor. I
have about 3-4 hell hellforges coming up, when I find the time to do the
rushes. With the -act5 trick and some serious rushing, I can get two mules
to hell diff in about 3-4 hours.

> My Assassin was rigged for MF when I did Baal Hell, and that meant
> that much of my +skills stuff was in my stash and Baal took longer for
> that reason. Sadly Baal dropped nothing great when he died. One green
> was Cleglaw's Claw, and the rest were yellows and blues.

I never had much luck with first drops. I've stopped rigging up for MF, I
much prefer killing power.. My Strafezon currently runs the Countess and
Pit with about 170 MF and is finding quite nice stuff like elite armors and
weapons (for runewords).

> I went on to Cow level and got the Nosferatu's Coil, so that made up
> for it!

So much to do! I haven't played Cows in a very long time. I'll have to get
my Strafezon in there..

Regards,

Oliver