Warning errors during play

While fighting the Ancients on hell level with my Assassin, I
consistently get warning errors (the game stops completely, a dialog
opens in windows, I can click "OK" and continue...) It's on an XP SP2
machine with the 1.10 patch.

The dialog reads

Warning
Location : D2Game\Ai\AiThink.cpp, line #18694
Expression : !StatsGetState (hUnit, UNIT_STATE_UNINTERRUPTABLE)

This also has occured a few other times on Hell, around the times when I
cast Cloak of Shadows and Death Sentries around Blood Hawk trees (or
whatever the generator things are called).

For now, ancients is unplayable due to this thing... It's the same
problem on my other PC.

It happens in net play (TCP/IP) AND single player.

Any ideas? Google only showed one hit so far, but only confirms I'm not
alone:

http://punishermod1.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1061916225

(see last message, #5)

--
Help fight spam by "educating" the lax, zombie-hosting ISPs:
http://pages.infinit.net/filmore/educateYourISP.htm

I was getting similar activity for a while. Took my machine to a tech and he
loaded drivers for it... Drivers weren't upto date. My new machine began
having it's own problems, screen blacked out but game continued, turned out
to be Graphix or Video Card conflicting with the game. Upgraded the card and
fixed the problem.

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

Jake Mysterio wrote:
> I was getting similar activity for a while. Took my machine to a tech and he
> loaded drivers for it... Drivers weren't upto date. My new machine began
> having it's own problems, screen blacked out but game continued, turned out
> to be Graphix or Video Card conflicting with the game. Upgraded the card and
> fixed the problem.

Both my cards are modern (GeForce FX -- both have 128MB RAM) and the
drivers are the latest from NVIDIA. NVIDIA even has a profile for Diablo
II. I've tried with or without this profile being active and it still
gives the warnings. I tried deactivating "Perspective" in Diablo, and it
still gives the warnings. I suppose I can try it with DirectDraw (2D)
rather than Direct3D.

What I find strange is that in only happens with the Ancients and/or
Blood Hawk nests. Further play on the Ancients last night (finally beat
them with my Tiger Strike/Death Sentry Assassin, she is weak with them
on Hell level), shows that casting Cloak of Shadows isn't the problem.

A few times during the near-hour episode the Warning message appeared
when I hadn't cast CoS. However, I did notice that the "distant" view
from Arreat of the ground below (when you move to the left) causes a
noticeable pause when it appears on the screen... Graphics drivers do
seem to be suspicious, if a timing error is what's causing the Warning
message.

--

Cris Fuhrman wrote:
> I suppose I can try it with DirectDraw (2D)
> rather than Direct3D.

Doesn't seem to matter -- warning dialogs still pop up and the game
freezes. I checked that I *do* have the latest NVIDIA drivers.