MOHAA & Network window?

YATLA

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2002
Just bought MOHAA this weekend and really like it, but every time I load a game, a blank window with title "network conncetions" opens up and just sits there for about a minute then clears and the game works fine. How do I get rid of this? I uninstalled the SPY....software which I thought was for multiple player (I am just using single player), and I reinstalled MOHAA, but still have this window at the start. IS there some init file that I need to modify? Thx for any help.

Skipper007

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Try patching the game to the latest version. I know when I got MOHAA it would sometimes trigger zone alarm when I started a single player game. Even worse, this would sometimes cause a crash. Patching the game fixed that problem, but you'll lose your saves. Also, it might be a big download if you have dialup, not sure because I'm spoiled by broadband.

YATLA

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2002
Yuck, any ideas short of patching? I don't want to lose progress on missions completed and only have a modem connection.

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Can't you just move the save files to another directory and move them back after patching? I do that alot on games.

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:

Speedfreak

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
You can get around this problem without having to install a patch.

When the Network window pops up press CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up the windows task manager. Then highlight the Network connection activity and select 'End Task'. Then select MOHAA and select 'Switch To'. This should then return you to MOHAA. However, you might find that it isn't full screen - just press ALT+ENTER. It's also possible that even after you select 'Switch To' MOHAA, it doesn't seem to be the active window - if this is the case use just ALT+TAB until it's the active window and then ALT+ENTER if you need to maximise it.

Its' a bit annoying, but I can now do it in about 5 seconds, and you only have to do it once at the very start of playing.

Hope this helps,

Speedfreak

Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution - irritated wives are!

YATLA

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2002
Thanks, I was doing this with the task manager (though I don't have it down to a science as you do, nor as fast), but it seems abit ridiculous to do this when the game is started. Is this a common problem with MOHAA, and will a patch fix it?