Stop error messages

G

I have been receiving the following stop error messages:
0x00000050 (0x00000000, 0F7090CEC, 0x00000001)

The screen turns blue when this happens. I have been reading other posts dealing with this blue screen and a physical memory dump. I still have not been able to fix this problem. I sometimes receive a physical memory dump as well. I am running a pentium III 450 processor. The BIOS is 4S4EBOX1, type SE440BX. I also have 128 mb of sdram. I also can't get win2K to recognize 4 IDE devices. These devices are my hard drive, DVD player, zip 100 mb, Plextor CD-RW. It will recognize the primary drive master and its slave and the secondary master, but not its slave. I have tried adjusting the jumpers, but that has not worked. Any suggestions?

thanks,

Reed

G

Is this something that happened "all by itself" or after some kind of upgrade? More details are needed.

G

This started when I installed Win 2K. It has been a problem since I first installed Win 2k. Let me know if I need to provide any additional info.

G

Sounds like a driver error. What module is the BSOD referencing, or what information does it provide, other than the error number?

A few things you might try:

-update drivers for all drives, particularly the one not recognized. Be sure you're using the latest versions for Win 2k, downloaded from the manufacturer's Web site.

-remove and reinstall the drives and their (latest) drivers

-install SP1, if you haven't already (available from Windows Update)

Go to support.microsoft.com, click on the Knowledge Base, choose "Windows 2000" from the product menu, and enter "0x50" (those are zeros, not letters) in the search field; you should get 11 documents back - maybe one of them might have the solution to your problem.

Hope this helps.

--AzGatekeep, Stealth Geek