Latitude CPx Laptop Cooling Fan

I've just acquired a Latitude CPx laptop. The cooling fan does not
appear to be working. Some screws are missing, so I know somebody
has been in it before me, so I opened it up, found the cooling fan
properly plugged in.

Is this cooling fan supposed to be operating continuously? OR, just
when a high temperature is reached?

If this fan is supposed to be operating continuously, how ominous is
this failure?

Regards,

Terry Smythe
Winnipeg, Canada
2 answers Last reply
More about latitude laptop cooling

    It only runs when it needs to. You can control it using this free utility:

    http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html

    You should be able to get a replacement fan on eBay if you need one.

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 04:46:34 GMT, "Bill Joy" <wcjoy@pacbell.net>
    wrote:

    >It only runs when it needs to.

    Thank you, good to know. Nothing in CMOS to suggest this. Now to
    find a User Manual somewhere. Could not find it on the Dell site.

    > You can control it using this free utility:
    >
    >http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html

    Thank you, got it, very much appreciated.

    Regards,

    Terry

Dell Latitude Laptops Cooling Fan Computers