chaos empire newbie.... act2 help

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 16, 2005 10:43:43 PM

ok... ive finally got out of act1....

if there was ever a case of having to stop opening chests cuz there
was too much stuff... andy's lv is it.... wow

so im in act2 now and i have my staff... only thing stopping me
either cuz im blind or am just not lookin in the right place

where did they hide droggan(yup i cant spell)... finding him and
entering the pallace is kinda a must... and well i cant find him
ive looked all over town... found my stash finally but thats about it

TIA

virus
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 10:43:44 PM

Virus wrote:

> if there was ever a case of having to stop opening chests cuz there
> was too much stuff... andy's lv is it.... wow

What I would do is click on a torch for the extra MF and run, run, run,
killing everything I could and opening chests as fast as I could until
the torch ran out. Then I'd go back and inspect the drops, then rinse
and repeat. Ten minutes into this process, I was exhausted. :-)

> where did they hide droggan . . .

I'm not sure what version you're playing, but Drognan should be near
the WP for the Sewers Level 2. Take the WP then consult your Automap
and you should locate him.

Jill
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 3:34:10 AM

>if there was ever a case of having to stop
>opening chests cuz there was too much
>stuff... andy's lv is it.... wow

I guess you didn't happen to run into The Butcher or King Leoric down
there? That's real newbie luck!!!!
Related resources
May 17, 2005 12:36:06 PM

neithskye wrote:
> Virus wrote:
>

>>if there was ever a case of having to stop opening chests cuz there
>>was too much stuff... andy's lv is it.... wow
>

> What I would do is click on a torch for the extra MF and run, run, run,
> killing everything I could and opening chests as fast as I could until
> the torch ran out. Then I'd go back and inspect the drops, then rinse
> and repeat. Ten minutes into this process, I was exhausted. :-)

im sure i'll be going back there a number of times.... also seems like
a good area to lv up at.... or at least to kill things when poppin the
chest gets boring...

>>where did they hide droggan . . .
>

> I'm not sure what version you're playing, but Drognan should be near
> the WP for the Sewers Level 2. Take the WP then consult your Automap
> and you should locate him.
>
> Jill

7.55 now to go find that blasted waypoint..... i just about always miss
it.....
May 17, 2005 12:46:00 PM

Blue Jack Sky wrote:
>>if there was ever a case of having to stop
>>opening chests cuz there was too much
>>stuff... andy's lv is it.... wow
>

> I guess you didn't happen to run into The Butcher or King Leoric down
> there? That's real newbie luck!!!!

actually i found the butcher... just didnt open up the door to his room
and king leoric i saw, but when my golem and skellies got wiped out
(fairly quickly im sad to say) i turned tail...

after seeing them there... i added the -act3 to the cmd line and made
another skellmanicer close to what my other one is... plus a little
im glad that i didnt try the butcher with my normal character...
or KL.... they were both annoying... esp seeing the butcher, the first
time i went after him spawned with X-stong X-fast Phys. immune.... very
annoyin to say the least
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 8:23:07 AM

Virus wrote:
> Blue Jack Sky wrote:
>
>>> if there was ever a case of having to stop
>>> opening chests cuz there was too much
>>> stuff... andy's lv is it.... wow
>>

>> I guess you didn't happen to run into The Butcher or King Leoric down
>> there? That's real newbie luck!!!!
>>
> actually i found the butcher... just didnt open up the door to his room
> and king leoric i saw, but when my golem and skellies got wiped out
> (fairly quickly im sad to say) i turned tail...
>
> after seeing them there... i added the -act3 to the cmd line and made
> another skellmanicer close to what my other one is... plus a little
> im glad that i didnt try the butcher with my normal character...
> or KL.... they were both annoying... esp seeing the butcher, the first
> time i went after him spawned with X-stong X-fast Phys. immune.... very
> annoyin to say the least

The first time I ran into the Butcher was with a level 14 Assassin and
my friend a level 13 Sorceress... can you say slaughter? The Sorc got
killed about ten or twelve times - eventually we used her as bait to
draw him into a room and closed the doors on him. We still had access
through some bars, but we could not even touch him...

The first time I hit Andy's level was with a level 27 Barb - of course
he found both KL and the Butcher... after many deaths, I managed to draw
the Butcher back into his room and close the door on him. KL, on the
other hand, I drew away from his friends and eventually took him down.
It was quite the battle, and he dropped nothing... go figure. Andy was
such an anticlimax after that...
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 1:51:27 AM

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Michael bride wrote:

>> The first time I ran into the Butcher was with a level 14 Assassin and
>> my friend a level 13 Sorceress... can you say slaughter? The Sorc got
>> killed about ten or twelve times - eventually we used her as bait to
>> draw him into a room and closed the doors on him. We still had access
>> through some bars, but we could not even touch him...
>>
>> The first time I hit Andy's level was with a level 27 Barb - of course
>> he found both KL and the Butcher... after many deaths, I managed to draw
>> the Butcher back into his room and close the door on him. KL, on the
>> other hand, I drew away from his friends and eventually took him down.
>> It was quite the battle, and he dropped nothing... go figure. Andy was
>> such an anticlimax after that...

I'm going to take a Wild Guess... this wasn't hardcore...

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper
!