  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 26, 2005 2:46:01 AM

I just made crafted safety amulet (magic amulet, THUL, emerald and
jewel).
I got nice +1 to assassin fighting skill and +8% chance for blocking
and few more not so important mods.
So - I transfered ammulet to my assy - weared it and ...
"You lost your connection"
Immediately I reconnected - and my surprise - there is no such game (I
played over 1 hour and was able to transfer rune and ammulet between
haracters). Game (private) was supposed to last at least few minutes-
it vanished immediately - not for the first time.
Do you suffer the same horrible battlenet service quality too ?
I realise that there is no way to recover my lost ammulet but maybe
there is wat to improve battlenet service.
Frequent disconnections, deleting games in progress can make some
unpleasant remarks on whole battlenet service.
By the way - it is Europe realm that is influenced by "quality
service".

More about : horrible server performance

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 3:50:24 AM

I play Europe and have lost countless of stuff due, mostly, to my
impatience and ignorance to warnings.
For example Perf Maras and my beloved Passion RW in a stick :(
So i'm feeling your pain.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 5:59:53 AM

"szpakuu" <szpakuu@poczxta.onet.pl> wrote in message
>I just made crafted safety amulet (magic amulet, THUL, emerald and
> jewel).
> I got nice +1 to assassin fighting skill and +8% chance for blocking
> and few more not so important mods.
> So - I transfered ammulet to my assy - weared it and ...
> "You lost your connection"
> Immediately I reconnected - and my surprise - there is no such game (I
> played over 1 hour and was able to transfer rune and ammulet between
> haracters). Game (private) was supposed to last at least few minutes-
> it vanished immediately - not for the first time.
> Do you suffer the same horrible battlenet service quality too ?
> I realise that there is no way to recover my lost ammulet but maybe
> there is wat to improve battlenet service.
> Frequent disconnections, deleting games in progress can make some
> unpleasant remarks on whole battlenet service.
> By the way - it is Europe realm that is influenced by "quality
> service".

I've never had a problem, but I *do* sympathize.
I'm using US East and have only had a "connection lost" thing happen twice.

--
Rusty
www.rbwaters.com

I wish!
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:15:31 PM

On 25 May 2005 23:50:24 -0700, "~DaN~" <Dashboardan@gmail.com> wrote:

>I play Europe and have lost countless of stuff due, mostly, to my
>impatience and ignorance to warnings.
>For example Perf Maras and my beloved Passion RW in a stick :(
>So i'm feeling your pain.

I suffered not very big loss but still ...
It is server performance that is annoying me.
Only yesterday I suffered 3 times connection break and immediately
reconnecting - there is no such game.
It means that it is battlenet server having difficulty to work ...
Maybe all their effort goes for World of Warcraft.
I remember times on Europe realm when there were days without such
thing as "connection loss". :)
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 9:54:39 PM

"szpakuu" <szpakuu@poczxta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> I just made crafted safety amulet (magic amulet, THUL, emerald and
> jewel).
> I got nice +1 to assassin fighting skill and +8% chance for blocking
> and few more not so important mods.
> So - I transfered ammulet to my assy - weared it and ...
> "You lost your connection"
> Immediately I reconnected - and my surprise - there is no such game (I
> played over 1 hour and was able to transfer rune and ammulet between
> haracters). Game (private) was supposed to last at least few minutes-
> it vanished immediately - not for the first time.
> Do you suffer the same horrible battlenet service quality too ?
> I realise that there is no way to recover my lost ammulet but maybe
> there is wat to improve battlenet service.
> Frequent disconnections, deleting games in progress can make some
> unpleasant remarks on whole battlenet service.
> By the way - it is Europe realm that is influenced by "quality
> service".

Be aware that most of those server crashes are caused by idiots deliberately
crashing the server to try to dupe items/runes. If everyone who caused a
server crash was banned for a year or so, it would just about eliminate
server crashes.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 6:35:56 PM

Last night my cousin and I had to kill Radament twice. We killed him the
first time, then we went back to town, and before we could really do
anything else - boom - lost connection. I had already right clicked on
the skill scroll/book but when we finally got a new game going, neither of
us had our skill anymore, and the quest was marked as not done yet.
Lately, it seems that around midnight Chicago time they go flaky for
awhile.
--
Don't Panic!
!